carolinacapper
    carolinacapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8766

Temple +24 1/2 @ Notre Dame- Week 1

Looking at early lines, no study yet but this jumped out at me. Thoughts?

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Notre Dame has two much defense for an inexperienced Temple offense. I can't see the Owls even scoring on the Irish unless they luck out with a field goal.

Temple has a new coach and little talent...I doubt they can match their four wins from last year. Notre Dame will roll at home against this team and will cover the 24.5 with ease. Just my take for what its worth.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think ND will be an 8-9 win team this year, personally. But coming off a dismal NC performance, you can expect them to put up a strong showing against a weak Temple team. In terms of pure power rankings, you're probably right that the line is a bit high, but without any situational edge, I could never back the Owls.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

A good game to pass on. Temple is noting, and the Irish are not nearly as good as people think.

carolinacapper

Looked a little closer and you're right WorkHorse...in the past I remembered Temple was pretty good ATS but maybe not this year.

WorkHorse

Notre Dame's defense will be as good or maybe better than last year. Three of the top four defensive lineman are back and two of them are projected first round NFL picks. At linebacker, eight of the top nine from last year are back. The secondary which was young and inexperienced going into the 2012 season has three starters back with depth behind them.

I don't know how good ND's offense will be in the first game but going against a Temple defense that was last in the Big East in rushing defense, total defense and scoring defense last year, the Irish offense should be able to score. The Temple defense ain't going to be any better this season. ND will win by 30 plus!

carolinacapper

Good stuff WH! Just checked FSU/Pitt line and its now -11 @5dimes...still tempting though

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Worhorse nailed it.

How many points do you expect Temple to score?

Start there. Temple can't throw the ball, so they are going to have to run the ball on ND, and Temple is not Alabama.

I think ND can score 28-35 points on Temple. I don't know if Temple can score more than 10.

Gameday
    Gameday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 541

Yeah, I personally don't see ND winning more than 7 games.... BUT I also don't see temple keeping it remotely close, I would definitely avoid touching that game. Florida State -11 on the other hand looks tempting for sure. I also think BAMA looks like First off, BAMA has won their past 11 season openers. V-Tech went 4-9 against the spread last year and were 1-5 on the road.. This is a neutral field (Georgia Dome) game so consider it a road game for the Hokies. V-Tech has 15 Starters from last season returning 9 of which are on defense which I truly don't think will help at all against a POWERHOUSE Alabama offense. So it's going to come down to Bama's defense against Logan Thomas and 5 other returners. Thomas threw 16 picks last year and their offense was sub-par. BAMA IN A LANDSLIDE VICTORY similar to Michigan's beat down last year... BUT WORSE

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14022

nice teaser bet guys

WorkHorse

Mr. A...what do you suggest.

I personally don't play teasers but have a couple of old buddies who do OK with that type play.

What's your take my friend? Forum welcomes your comments.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by Gameday View Post
    Yeah, I personally don't see ND winning more than 7 games.... BUT I also don't see temple keeping it remotely close, I would definitely avoid touching that game. Florida State -11 on the other hand looks tempting for sure. I also think BAMA looks like First off, BAMA has won their past 11 season openers. V-Tech went 4-9 against the spread last year and were 1-5 on the road.. This is a neutral field (Georgia Dome) game so consider it a road game for the Hokies. V-Tech has 15 Starters from last season returning 9 of which are on defense which I truly don't think will help at all against a POWERHOUSE Alabama offense. So it's going to come down to Bama's defense against Logan Thomas and 5 other returners. Thomas threw 16 picks last year and their offense was sub-par. BAMA IN A LANDSLIDE VICTORY similar to Michigan's beat down last year... BUT WORSE
    Alabama loses too much on the O Line to be considered an offensive powerhouse. Va. Tech's defenive unit is better than 'Bama's OL. Does this mean that 'Bama loses the game? Absolutely not, but it does mean that people giving too many points to Va. Tech are going to get burned. Tread carefully. This game may be lower scoring than some think.

Gameday
    Gameday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 541

Its going to be tough for Virginia Techs D-Line to stop BAMA when they are back on the field every three downs. I personally just don't see a competition there, Tech is a good team but I think it's a terrible match up for them. With a QB that threw 2 less interceptions than touchdowns last year and Bama's track record on season openers vs Virginia Techs Road problems...... ehhhh i just don't see much of a competition here.