Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Mike Rose: HOLIDAY BOWL - Texas A&M vs California

HOLIDAY BOWL: Texas A&M vs California

Game Time: 12/28/2006 8:00:00 PM

By: Mike Rose
    Sports Handicapping - Sports Gambling - Online Betting - Who To Bet On

The wrong team appears to be favored in the Holiday Bowl, making Texas A&M and the points the best play against California.

Really interesting matchup here between the #20 Cal Bears and #21 Texas A&M Aggies, both 9-3 on the season.

California was simply one of my best moneymakers throughout this season from mid-September to late October. They rattled off eight straight wins after getting blown out in Knoxville, and cashed a number of tickets for me throughout that stretch. However, back-to-back losses to both Arizona and USC have them playing in a pre-New Year’s Day Bowl, and I’m not sure the club will be too excited about competing in this game.

Last we saw the Aggies they held the Texas Longhorns to a season low seven points in their own backyard, and knocked UT QB Colt McCoy out in the process for the second time in two weeks. HC Dennis Franchione’s club won nine games this season, but their three losses were by a combined six points. That’s right folks, six points! This club is absolutely for real, and the idea of Cal being favored over them right now makes no sense to me whatsoever.

I firmly believe Texas A&M boasts the better overall offense, and their defense does a tremendous job in limiting offenses chances by only allowing a 29% conversion rate on third down. The 1-2 punch of RB’s Jorvorskie Lane and Mike Goodson has been a joy to watch this season, and QB Stephen McGee has done a tremendous job in leading the offense with his 11 touchdown passes against only two interceptions.

Cal boasts some tremendous skilled position players, but I don’t truest QB Nathan Longshore whatsoever. The kid can’t take the heat when the going gets tough, and I firmly expect him to turn it over when the pressure gets turned up a notch in this one.

It simply looks like a no-brainer to grab the points with the Aggies in this spot considering they haven’t lost by more than four all season. But I truly believe the wrong team is favored and I just can’t pass the opportunity up. Look for the Aggies to pound the ball down the Bears' throats with its ground game and force a couple crucial turnovers en route to their first Bowl win in the Franchione era.

Play: Texas A&M +4½

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

It is a no-brainer to bet TXAM...that's what worries me about this game is how easy it looks. Even though, TXAM is one of my 3 big bowl plays this year.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree you have to take A&M in this game. I feel the ML is the best way to play this game myself though, because I see them just controlling the game from start to finish.

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

TX A&M +4

Cal was looking for a BCS game, whereas A&M is playing confident football. Pac-10 could go 0-6 in bowls

rta21
    rta21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 155

a&m all day and night

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rta21
    a&m all day and night
    That's right baby..go Aggies!!!

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Seemed like the right team was favored after all....