EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Season Wins

Studying up on college pig in prep for the season and I started looking at some props. See BYU season win totals at 9 at my shop. OVER 9 at +100. I kinda like it. They have 12 games on the slate. They will lose to OU to open, so the pressure is there to win 10 of 11, but all the important games are at home (TCU, FSU, UTAH, AIR FORCE). I think at worst, they would push this and go 9-3. Thoughts from my experts out there?

Looking at more, will add any others that stick out for public consumption.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

BYU plays Oklahoma and Florida st. this year

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

FSU included up there in the important home games. Think they are better than Utah, so if they can split with FSU & TCU, 10-2 is possible. Dunno, just thinking out loud.

twentyonekid
    twentyonekid's Avatar Become A Pro!

take alabama over 9-9.5 wins this year....easy money

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by twentyonekid View Post
    take alabama over 9-9.5 wins this year....easy money

Not so fast twentonekid,

Just because Alabama had a over 9 year win last year dont mean they gone do it every year. They have 1 year under there belt as of late with a good record. Remember two years ago this team was playing in the Independece Bowl. Alabama lost there a lot on the offensive line and you seen how Utah demolished you guys on the line of scrimmage. I'm not sold on Bama just yet. Also you have a new QB, and you all lost Coffee.

This is another team that's getting all the ESPN hype because of LAST YEAR, but BAMA has things to me before I say they are a BCS contender this year. BUT THEY ARE RETURNING A GOOD DEFENSE.

Also I dont trust Saban in these types of situations. He likes to control the whole offense when he have a new QB. No matter if he's a 5th year senior. That means teams like UL Monroe and Tulane can very well upset you. Thats why I'm glad Saban is not our coach anymore because he get's way way to conservative for me.

twentyonekid

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    Not so fast twentonekid,

Just because Alabama had a over 9 year win last year dont mean they gone do it every year. They have 1 year under there belt as of late with a good record. Remember two years ago this team was playing in the Independece Bowl. Alabama lost there a lot on the offensive line and you seen how Utah demolished you guys on the line of scrimmage. I'm not sold on Bama just yet. Also you have a new QB, and you all lost Coffee.

This is another team that's getting all the ESPN hype because of LAST YEAR, but BAMA has things to me before I say they are a BCS contender this year. BUT THEY ARE RETURNING A GOOD DEFENSE.

Also I dont trust Saban in these types of situations. He likes to control the whole offense when he have a new QB. No matter if he's a 5th year senior. That means teams like UL Monroe and Tulane can very well upset you. Thats why I'm glad Saban is not our coach anymore because he get's way way to conservative for me.

ZBOIZ,i understand what you are saying but programs like bama,lsu,fla,etc just seem to reload when they finally get on the right track.ive been following all the spring practices of alabama and everything has been looking pretty good.they actually have preformed better than expected since they lost some key players.the ones that they still have are 1 more year experienced and as far as ive seen so far this spring they have matured into leaders quickly.the QB has shown better progress and poise better than expected and their defense,well it speaks for itself,one of the best every year.....their schedule is very favorable and i believe they go undefeated again in regular season,but can lose 1 and that might just be to ole miss.,but i think we get past them

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am surprised Alabama hasn't awarded themselves another National Championship from last year.

They usually do that when they get close....

Anyone ever read Alabama's reasoning why they can claim titles in '66 and '73?

ZBOIZ

Bama will disapoint a lot fans this year

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Do you SEC clowns have to turn every thread into a discussion about two SEC WEst teams that probably will not even win the West this year? You homers should stick to your own thread. "Bama and LSU fans live in a dream world. Florida will kick your tails when it counts, in the SEC title game, if either one of you get that far.

Back to the subject at hand. BYU over 9 is a poor wager. They have no chance against Oklahoma, and very little chance against TCU. That means that they must beat Utah and Florida State to get to 10 wins. While they play these teams at home, may I remind you that BYU has losing records at home against both TCU and Utah. To me, 9 wins is about right. That means that the risk is not worth the reward.

twentyonekid

bigdaddy your a very negative person,i mean you are entitled to your opinion of course but you never have a good thing to say in anyones thread.you call people names and you think you are a know it all...not my type of people,...good luck

ZBOIZ

BigDaddy is just mad that the Pac10 is a 5A Highschool football league