pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting Rule in College football (why Arizona, Wazzu and others aren't in a bowl)

just heard on Inside the Polls that a team with 6-6 record can't be selected ahead of a team with 7 wins or more...this is why NIU, West. Michigan, Mid. Tenn. St. and Ohio are in and the following schools are out:

Arizona
    Arkansas St. (not that anyone would have taken them though)
    Kansas
    Kent State (maybe not with the way they finished)
    La. Lafayette (no)
    Pitt
    SMU
    Wazzu
    Wyoming

didn't know that until now, but was wondering why some of these teams didn't make it...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I knew of this one a while back Pags. Personally i'm glad that we see some new teams in the bowl mix like Mid.Tenn. St. and Ohio.

I feel it's a nice change and it brings something us college football fans to enjoy watching. Who wants to see teams like Pitt and AZ. play another when we have seen on TV enough this year.

On a side note...

I'm glad to see some of those teams didn't make a bowl. Kansas was the prime example of how a team squanderd there chance of making a bowl game this year. This team blew found ways to blow leads in games and ended up losing them late. Maybe if they could play 4 solid quarters they wouldn't be bitching about not making a bowl game.

Correct me if i'm wrong here guys, but didn't Arkansas St. did make a bowl game last year if i recall correctly. They played North Texas I believe. Then again last year there were alot of teams that didn't make the cut.

pags11

dan,

Arkansas St. played So. Miss in the New Orleans Bowl last year (and they covered)...

ChrisV
    ChrisV's Avatar Become A Pro!

'Zona was actually playing real well down the stretch(see vs. Cal and at UofO) till they lost that last game to ASU.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pags11
    dan,

Arkansas St. played So. Miss in the New Orleans Bowl last year (and they covered)...

I knew they played bro, I just couldn't remember who they played against was all. Thanks for clearing this one up for me

taurus
    taurus's Avatar Become A Pro!

[QUOTE=bigboydan]I knew of this one a while back Pags. Personally i'm glad that we see some new teams in the bowl mix like Mid.Tenn. St. and Ohio.

I feel it's a nice change and it brings something us college football fans to enjoy watching. Who wants to see teams like Pitt and AZ. play another when we have seen on TV enough this year.

On a side note...

I'm glad to see some of those teams didn't make a bowl. Kansas was the prime example of how a team squanderd there chance of making a bowl game this year. This team blew found ways to blow leads in games and ended up losing them late. Maybe if they could play 4 solid quarters they wouldn't be bitching about not making a bowl game.

Excellent post. I have absolutely no interest in watching 6-6 teams I have seen a lot of --- FSU, bama, Miami, Iowa , Minny. Looking forward to some you mentioned. also Rice and San Jose - two teams I haven';t seen this year. Or last. Or the year before.
    Good thread, pags

pags11

thanks taurus...

I must admit I was a little surprised on Sunday night not to see Kansas and Arizona in bowls, but now I know why...