gdelongi
    gdelongi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anybody Screwed by Final TD in Ucla/Baylor game last night?

Might have seeme insignifcant to some, but as a half time player, I found myself pacing back and forthe for about 15 minutes.

The second half line was ucla -2.5 for the spread, but baylor as a ML were getting a nice +145.

With 30 some odd seconds left on the clock, and while covering the line, baylor decides to run it on fourth down on their own thirty. With 8 seconds left UCLA takes over, and instead of running it or taking a knee, they throw it up, a ucla player catches it, and dives for the end zone, but his head was at least a yard short of the goal line, the ref throws up his arms for td while standing two feet away from it.

Baylor coach is irate, not only that ucla throws it up for a meaningless score, but that it counted when it wasnt a td

He starts screaming, as it took away from his moment, i guess. Either that or he had his team on the money line.

He calls time out, so that the crew would have time to review it. the announcers says,. ok thats obvious so theyll take the points off the board and the game will be over.

Nothing happens, even after the time out called, ucla lines for extra point and kicks it.

Either this ws the biggest second half wager scam in the history of sports betting, or it was simply the most rediculous piece of officiating ever witnessed.

This is why its so tough to win, your not only facing the spread, but the refs, the whims of the officiating crew (lets go home, its meaningless) and not to mention boneheaded kids commiting personal fouls and costing us money.

BTW it cost me a 6 team parlay, had i taken the points it still woulda covered, but the plus line was priced right.

It's never easy.

gdelongi
    gdelongi's Avatar Become A Pro!

cant get over it

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

I was burned too. I took the Baylor 2H moneyline and was fricking nervous during that last Baylor drive. I knew that the score was 14-9 and one TD by UCLA would mean a loss. Tick tock...tick tock. When Baylor didnt punt on 4th down with 12 seconds left I was a little nervous but thought "oh well, UCLA wasnt calling any timeouts, Im sure they are just going to put down a knee and go home". Couldnt believe it when the qb threw the ball and was SO happy when I saw the replay and the fact that the receiver was clearly down 1 yard from the goal line. Was even happier when I saw the Baylor coach calling timeout. I think he said "hell no!!" when he saw the replay. Couldnt believe it when UCLA lined up for the extra point and kicked it!!

Im still pissed about it 1 day later as well. I lost $500 as a result of this crappy call. Why the refs wouldnt pull the TD I will never know..All I know is its BS and cost alot of us some serious coin.

darkghost
    darkghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10547

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9R3tQAImmoU

Must be the same crew that did the GB/Seattle game.

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

Here is a full size replay. It still hurts to watch this!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R3tQAImmoU

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

It's not just the touchdown, which they got wrong. They also counted an extra point that UCLA kicked after the game was over. That extra point screwed me on an ingame total bet.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Unreal that they even went for a TD, but even worse that the ref is standing right there staring at it. He must have been thinking of strippers after the game or something because he delayed and said fck it, touchdown. Shitty loss for anyone screwed by that.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

Not fixed, just wanted to get the game over with, (Baylor coach), If there was time on the clock he would of reviewed it and it would of been overturned. Ref on the other hand, cant believe he couldnt get the call right two feet away. He obviously wasnt sure so he let it play out knowing replay would bail him out.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17045

Quote Originally Posted by gdelongi View Post
    cant get over it
    Hard to feel sorry for someone that posts BI victims don't deserve bailouts. Tough shiit, buddy---boo-fukkin-hoo.