Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

Can Alabama Keep up with Oregon if they play?

Oregon has shown us they are the Number 1 Offense in NCAAF.They also showed us they dont care about defense and theyll gamble on almost every 4th an inches.Oregon has a faster RB then anyone in the league.Also there high flying QB and WR.Now the real question is will Alabama be able to score enough to keep up?My answer is simple NO!The Fast paced Offense will overwhelm the big bulky guys of alabama.Alabama has already showed us there a slow team not capable of putting up incredible numbers on offense.Dont get me wrong they can score 40 but can they score 50-60 i dont belive so.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

They won't have to keep up...

The zone read won't be as effective as your used too...

24-20 type of game...

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors

no way your on crack if you think only 20s a side With oregons weak Defense i see alabama putting up 30s and oregon keeping pace Alabama Corners are suspect they have been shown to be weak on the long ball

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Oregon will score, because that's what they do, but they won't be able to do it near as easily.

Everyone acts like Alabama is a done deal. If LSU can almost beat Alabama, then UF or UGA can too.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Texas A@M is the #1 offense in CFB they just play against real defenses

theAkathist
    theAkathist's Avatar Become A Pro!

if UGA scores first and aaron murray settles down, they just might win that game

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    no way your on crack if you think only 20s a side With oregons weak Defense i see alabama putting up 30s and oregon keeping pace Alabama Corners are suspect they have been shown to be weak on the long ball
    Oregon's defense isn't as bad you think. They are giving up yards but have been good inside the red zone. They have players on that defense.

Bama isn't a lights out offensive attack by any means.

Dude the total would be like 51/54
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 11-06-12 at 01:19 PM.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

yeldon and lacey running backs too strong for oregon. bama will run on them and tire out the defense and then bama will have options to pass

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Nope

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Oregon can't score like they do against Bama imo.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors

well hopefully Oregon wins out and Pass Kansas st if kansas st gos to the BCS that will be a fukin total fuk up on BCS part.Kansas st schedule is soft as a cupcake

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

well hopefully Oregon wins out and Pass Kansas st if kansas st gos to the BCS that will be a fukin total fuk up on BCS part.Kansas st schedule is soft as a cupcake
    Well we just disagree today, I think Kansas St is your national title winners...

Said it before the WVU game...

Tough battle against TCU this week...

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68569

Didn't we ask the same questions prior to Oregon playing Auburn a couple of years ago?

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

See the 2010 championship game. That over/under was 73-74 and they barely surpassed 40. I think lkid is spot on. I see a max of 50 points total in this hypothetical matchup.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Bama is only -300 at TheGreek to win NC

so they might have a slight chance to beat Oregon

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

If they play, I see Bama 31-27 kind of game.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

No fukkin way Oregon can hang with Bama

Bama D by far the best Oregon will have played all year

Bama D will shut down that pussy finesse offense

Barner or Thomas dont last the whole game. One gets knocked the fukk out

Oregon scores somewhere around 21

The bigger factor is Oregon D will get fukkin shredded

No chance they can stop Yeldon and Co.

Bama 42-24

MasterP10
    MasterP10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3259

Oregon has shown us they are the Number 1 Offense in NCAAF.They also showed us they dont care about defense and theyll gamble on almost every 4th an inches.Oregon has a faster RB then anyone in the league.Also there high flying QB and WR.Now the real question is will Alabama be able to score enough to keep up?My answer is simple NO!The Fast paced Offense will overwhelm the big bulky guys of alabama.Alabama has already showed us there a slow team not capable of putting up incredible numbers on offense.Dont get me wrong they can score 40 but can they score 50-60 i dont belive so.
    You think oregon will put up 50-60 on alabama? No way man. Do not count on it. That game if played, would be won at the line of scrimmage.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Yes.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

could stanford maybe beat oregon so we don't have to worry about this anyway?

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    No fukkin way Oregon can hang with Bama

Bama D by far the best Oregon will have played all year

Bama D will shut down that pussy finesse offense

Barner or Thomas dont last the whole game. One gets knocked the fukk out

Oregon scores somewhere around 21

The bigger factor is Oregon D will get fukkin shredded

No chance they can stop Yeldon and Co.

Bama 42-24

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

oregon doesn't come anywhere close to throwing the long ball

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

oregon's schedule is rated far far weaker than ksu's. check the facts before making such comments, all of your posts in this thread have been factually wrong.

luvtogamble
    luvtogamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5459

should be able to tell after this weekend when bama plays a&m, who run the samew type of offense as oregon. if bama can't stop a&m they will not have to worry about oregon so discussion will be over.
    Last edited by luvtogamble; 11-06-12 at 01:47 PM. Reason: spelling

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Alabama has already showed us there a slow team

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Oregon can beat Auburn...fail

Oklahoma can beat Florida...fail

West Virginia can beat LSU...fail

Ohio State can beat FLorida....fail

LSU can beat Alabama fail....

Ok State can beat an SEC defense but couldnt beat Iowa State....yep

Here we go again

Scrap the plus one next year...just give two trophies to the SEC winner in Atlanta and a "thanks for trying" pat on the back bronze statue to the #3 team.

As far as this year goes, LSU had the best shot this weekend....they played their best game so far and Bama played its sloppiest...IN DEATH VALLEY at night and still won. Case closed.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Didn't we ask the same questions prior to Oregon playing Auburn a couple of years ago?
    And LSU vs. Oregon Week 1 last year where Oregon could have been held to 13 points, as they scored two meaningless touchdowns after game was decided.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

If Oregon was to play Alabama right now they would have a better chance of winning. After having so much time off before the NC game that offense loses it timing and momentum. The SEC is a line of scrimmage beast and are not bothered as much by the time off. I know Oregon will practice hard and try to stay sharp if this hypo matchup happens, but you really can't imitate game speed and sure as hell can't imitate the actual size and speed a team like Alabama plays with.

thefastship
    thefastship's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone has brought up some great examples, so i will throw one in the mix also...
    Remember the Georgia / Hawaii Sugar Bowl a few years back.....when the SEC team was going to get blown out by the quick, rbs and wrs of Hawaii? That game should have taught the public at the minimum two things....(especially when ole Colt was being picked up by his team mates with snot bubbles coming out of his nose.)

1. Those small but quick RBs get so crushed and battered after the second possession, they lose a step after halftime. SEC teams Defensive linemen and line backers start DAY 1 after they are drafted into the NFL for a reason. They are just as quick as all the other defensive players in the NCAA.....but bigger. SEC Defensive players are not fat asses. Quite the opposite. By the THIRD quarter, Oregon would start losing integrity of both lines.

2. Alabama's line backers run as fast as some of the safeties/Db's Oregon has played..lol seriously. Oregon want have a deep ball due to the QB pressure. LSUs QB had a perfect night and was throwing the ball quickly.

Alabama just played MISS State and then traveled to LSU at night. 95,000 fans. It is in the top 5 of worst places to play as a visiting team. It is Loud and hostile. It is also a rivalry game. The fact that Alabama had a rare off night and still won, on the road tells me everything I need to know. Nick Sabin with weeks off to prepare for the title game , would absolutely Roll Oregon. I see Oregon giving up a minimum of 3 turnovers. Turnovers and defense wins this game easily. Defense wins championships. Oregon has none.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

In November, no chance in hell. In January - yes.

dymd3z
    SEC CHAMPS!
    dymd3z's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 858

No way in Hell will Oregon hang with Bama, Sorry.. Defense wins games... Look at how Auburn played LSU this year, 12-10 Auburn should have one that and they are 2-7, but could not finish the game. LSU played its best its played all year. I think Kansas State would give Bama a better game then Oregon would.. Just sayin... NC stays in the SEC once again..

Bausch85
    Bausch85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

People are crazy Alabama is or maybe was the most complete team before sat night. UGA gets exposed every year they're kinda like OK. We forget it's college fball played by a bunch of 18 year olds. It's a very emotional game! Personally I think there is one good team in the SEC the rest we think are great because they're in the SEC. The 2nd best team is the newbie A&M. LSU went all out and they lost even though they were in the lead you just had this thought in the back of your head that Bama would pull it out. Oregon wins in a close game. Chip Kelly is the best coach in CFB.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Just a footnote for those non-Bama homers here..the second half of the LSU game our top receiver (Amari Cooper) was out with the ankle injury and our heavy RB Lacy was also injured. Tough to produce with the 2 starting players out but still had freshmen step up and get the WIN.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Alabama has head coach Saban, Oregon doesn't.

Saban has never, as in ever, as a head coach had a opponent score 50 points on his defense.
    Saban, as a head coach, has no flaws. Is flawless.

CBTN has a statistical detailed database devoted just to NCAAF head coaches.
    Very detailed.

From 2001 to present, Saban is the only head coach to have five across the board full stars.

Stoops, Myers, Beamer, and Brown come close, but that's it.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Auburn had half the Defense of Bama and shut down Oregon for 75 yards rushing/2.3 ypc and 19 points

LSU 95/3.4 ypc 27 points

Oregon has a far worse passing game than the last 2 years. Bama would face fuk Oregon, but that won't even be the title game

12 Last