t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Purdue +3.5

I like the Boilermakers here. Penn State is in an emotional letdown spot here. They were on a roll there for a few weeks but Ohio State brought them back down to earth. Purdue almost always gives PSU a tough game and I think they will once again today.

Take the 3.5 points here. I think they have a very good chance to win outright but if it comes down to a field goal I'm in good shape.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Also I think Texas +6.5 and ML is a good play. Similar situation. Texas Tech was rolling with big wins over WVU and TCU and then they got embarrassed by Kansas State. Another letdown spot angle pick.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Texas is an interesting one, ML isn't too bad of a gamble.
    I like Purdue too, I think everyone has overhyped this Penn St team, and Purdue has the capability to hang with the big boys as they showed vs ND.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

sorry sir. i like penn state

ZachShalack420
    ZachShalack420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Idk if I like this, Im pretty sure Penn St is DEF. gonna cover 3.5 and win. But I also followed The Prick with UK +6.5 vs Vanderbelt.. So dont listen to me.

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

I backed Purdue. They have played a much tougher schedule(most of the top conference teams) in much tougher spots(at ND). Purdue lost by 7 at OSU, Penn St lost by 12 to OSU in Happy Valley. They also played ND as we as any of ND's super tough opponents have thus far.

I felt this game should have been Purd-2 to E, so Purdue seems like definite value. Their D line is actually alot more solid than some of their scores would indicate. I expect Purdue to bring their best game at home in an all out effort get their first Big 10 win(0-4 with losses to Mich Wisc and OSU). Penn St has had a favorable schedule to be 3-1 in Big Ten, and lost in a horrible performance at Virginia.

Gl win you plays!

MeatWad

Although I bet Purdue, several writers who I respect and who cover the Big Ten very closely predicted Penn St 3-7 pts. Seems like the touts were on them also, but 90% of those guys are jokes.

MeatWad

Quote Originally Posted by ZachShalack420 View Post
    Idk if I like this, Im pretty sure Penn St is DEF. gonna cover 3.5 and win. But I also followed The Prick with UK +6.5 vs Vanderbelt.. So dont listen to me.
    That UK pick was a travesty. I believe the dsi guy said the sharps were on UK as well. I know sharps can differ in opinions, but anyone who has seen UK and Vandy play 2-3 games this season, knows this game was a complete mismatch, despite Vandy's struggles on the road. They have a stud D vs one of the most inept offenses I have seen in big conference play.

I felt like a jackass giving the opening 8.5 when it dipped below 7, now I don't feel soo bad.

ZachShalack420

Quote Originally Posted by MeatWad View Post
    That UK pick was a travesty. I believe the dsi guy said the sharps were on UK as well. I know sharps can differ in opinions, but anyone who has seen UK and Vandy play 2-3 games this season, knows this game was a complete mismatch, despite Vandy's struggles on the road. They have a stud D vs one of the most inept offenses I have seen in big conference play.

I felt like a jackass giving the opening 8.5 when it dipped below 7, now I don't feel soo bad.
    I totally hear you on that, good call not going with the sharps and taking UK. Hopefully Penn St can pull this one out for me.

ZachShalack420

buying a 1/2 pt and sticking with Penn St -3, FINAL ANSWER lol

just for 1 unit obv..

MeatWad

Sure wished I would have just tailed the trusted Big Ten beat writers who all predicted Penn St here. Just thought they were more evenly matched. Purdue undervalued and Penn st overvalued, guess not. Big Ten is such an anemic conference compared to the SEC and Big 12, shitty and shittier, mediocrity.