JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

What NCAAF Conference should I focus on first?

want to start learning about college ball. I know basic stuff like the major one being SEC. I'm a little more familiar with the ACC due to UM. Some obscure one wouldn't be interesting. I read some where on these forums that the Big-10 was "money"??

With so many conferences, which one would you suggest for a newbie to start looking up?

appreciate any input

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Pac-12 is the most entertaining
    Points Awarded:

JayLA gave Chimneyfish 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

D Med
    War Eagle!
    D Med's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2365

SEC SEC SEC!! LOL, but in all seriousness, you should follow the SEC SEC SEC!! If Alabama and Florida are undefeated for the SEC title game, there should be a low line and you can pound Alabama for big money!
    Last edited by D Med; 10-27-12 at 01:26 PM.
    Points Awarded:

JayLA gave D Med 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

I would focus with the independents only like 3-4 teams to learn

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    I would focus with the independents only like 3-4 teams to learn
    thanks for the advice.
    not sure what you mean by independents but i meant division 1A. conferences that i can have a firm grip on.

I love learning new things so it should be no problem to devour this shit up.

this might all seem like a naive way to go about things but i know football pretty well, just have to learn rosters, coaching staffs...shit like that.

thanks for the replies!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Here's your list...

1)SEC
    2)SEC
    3)SEC
    4)SEC
    5)SEC

D Med
    War Eagle!

Independents are teams that do not belong to a conference. The independent teams are Army, BYU, Navy, and Notre Dame.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

If you want to study to become a better capper, I would recommend the lesser known conferences because Vegas doesn't have as many eyes on these games which means the lines can be inflated and you get good valued. The MAC is a good one to look at and they have some pretty good teams that have won against the bigger conferences.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Here's your list...

1)SEC
    2)SEC
    3)SEC
    4)SEC
    5)SEC
    LOL

99.4 of my high school class ended up at UF. Phuck Nick Saban. Has done great in Bama though.
    I hear you though, already on the SEC due to Miami Dolphin-Aggies 2012 lol

Quote Originally Posted by D Med View Post
    Independents are teams that do not belong to a conference. The independent teams are Army, BYU, Navy, and Notre Dame.
    BOOM!! See I'm learning shit already! And my peeps think forums are a waste of time, pshhhh

D Med
    War Eagle!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    If you want to study to become a better capper, I would recommend the lesser known conferences because Vegas doesn't have as many eyes on these games which means the lines can be inflated and you get good valued. The MAC is a good one to look at and they have some pretty good teams that have won against the bigger conferences.
    This is really good advice, but just as a heads up, betting on these teams has a drawback, which is inconsistency. One day a team can be world beaters and the next week they can lose to a cheerleader squad.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    This is solid advice brother thanks. I already considered it and I'm not really trying to pick on weak lines just yet, I need to learn trends and general knowledge of college rules first I think.