Gmanpoke
    Gmanpoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Thoughts about Oklahoma State and TCU

It hurts me to write this because I'm an Oklahoma State Alum. But, I think the smart play is to take TCU and the points.

Oklahoma State is really beat up. About 4 weeks ago our starting QB (Lunt) was hurt (Lunt is a true Freshman). Our back up QB (Walsh) took over but received an season ending injury last week. It's questionable whether Lunt will be able to go Saturday. Even if Lunt can play, he is a true freshman and probably rusty since he has not played in 4 weeks. Further, our wide receiver group has also been hurt by a lot of injuries. Our most experienced receiver (T. Moore) is out for the season. Our next most experienced receiver (I. Anderson) is out for the game. We have several other receivers down the depth chart that are also out. Our best receiver to take the field on Saturday is C. Moore. We also have a slot guy named Stewart that is doing pretty good. But, past those 2, we have a lot of young kids I've never heard of before. And, they dropped a lot of passes last week against Iowa St.

If Lunt can't go, we are down to Chelf. He is a Junior and a good kid. He was the back up to Weeden the last two years. But, I don't think he had many reps in fall camp or early in the season. Coaches were trying to give the reps to the true freshman starter and the red shirt freshman backup. I just don't know how much Chelf can do.

The offensive line is the strength of this team. They seem to be pretty healthy. Our running back J. Randall is running well. But, the backup (Smith) who usually takes about 1/3 of the running plays is out. Our backup for this game is a SO names Roland. He has some carries but mainly in mop up rolls. I just don't know how he will do in the heat of the battle relieving Randall.

Or defense is pretty weak. Enough said about the defense.

I don't bet on or against my Cowboys, but it might be a smart play to take TCU and the points.

Just my thoughts

moneymaker22
    moneymaker22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 588

Yeah , thats some good reasoning there.... Ok state fan here also, but i'm fairly impartial not being a die hard local fan or alum. I really can't call this one, but I want to think Oklahoma state is deep enough to withstand a few of these injuries. I like your guys defense personally. I bet them last week vs iowa state, and they came through for me on a big line. Now I love the home field in stillwater, but i'm concerned about the qb situation and receivers dropping balls, but i dont think this the same dominant tcu team we seen in the past. We seen proof of that last week, so I would really prefer to lay the points on state but sort of in the dark on this right noow. Hope we get some more opinions to help us

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Good info.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

You left out the fact the tight end Horton is out for the season, and two safeties were just dismissed from or left the team (not starters, but I believe they were the 2nd-stringers). And a DT just wound up in the hospital after getting rear-ended while driving without a license, although it sounds like he's back practicing. But it sounds like Lunt is going to start, and really the injuries aren't that big of deal except for the WRs. The drops last week were brutal. T. Moore is out, but last I heard Anderson was upgraded to doubtful.

On the other hand, TCU lost their QB a couple weeks ago, and like half their 2-deep consists of freshman. People keep forgetting that OSU was a top-5 team last year, and there's no reason to think their talent has diminished significantly. I'm not going to let the absence of a couple WRs and a tight end stop me from taking advantage of the fact that OSU is underrated because of some flukey results this season and last.

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'
    TheBetBuysDanK's Avatar Become A Pro!

TCUs freshman QB has looked really strong the last 2 outings. Much better than he did in his first start against Iowa St, after starter was removed mid week. TT is one of the more under rated teams this season, being solid on both sides of the ball. TCU/TT couldve fallen either way, easily. This game looks to be the same way.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

I haven't seen the new TCU QB, but his numbers do look good -- better than I expected.