daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

I'm taking the 2nd half

easier

Surebet
    Utah Ute
    Surebet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

For Utah to win, Two things must happen (1) success at running the ball with White; (2) Defense will fall into place and do their job, as I expect them to, but step up and do scoring? This isn't the 2009 Sugar Bowl team. All this equates to: don't get your expectations up when Jordan Wynn is on the field.
    My wager is at -7 UTAH

Aaron Stasko
    Aaron Stasko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 712

I'm on Utah moneyline... This game Can play out in many ways. All depends on who shows up and plays the better game... I see Utah covering 7 but feel better with tthe moneyline.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Taking the points and buying the hook
    Salud

travismcilrath
    travismcilrath's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like utah

travismcilrath

-7 should be a lock

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Salud

travismcilrath

i parlayed cincy-4
    and utah-7

travismcilrath

lol

travismcilrath

hopefully i hit

kellen2811
    kellen2811's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 630

Alot of things going into this one, Utah without there starting LT and SS, their backup DT, and their nickel DB. Utah st questionable is their backup qb who did well in filling in for the injured starter they have now, could be needed to add a spark. I think the Utah Oline will be the difference, they are a massive front compared to the size of Utah St. Should be able to move them off the ball and allow White to run the ball on the road effectively. The offense is a different animal with Chrisopher at WR seem to move the ball well when he is in. If Wynn goes down Utah could be in trouble. Utah st has accurate qb's and their real strength is going to be their WR this year. It is strength vs strength as Utah has a good group of secondary players but are missing 2 key parts of it. This game is won in the trenches and how well utah st can protect their qb and stop the run on the other side of the ball. I think the home field advantage is overstated in this game. Utah -7 for +100 doesnt look bad in my opinion.

cutchemist42
    cutchemist42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5801

Utah St. has a decent chance to win this outright.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5433

Quote Originally Posted by cutchemist42 View Post
    Utah St. has a decent chance to win this outright.
    How so?

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3469

Quote Originally Posted by chopperocker View Post
    early release line was Utah -4.5

Utah is 12-0 SU vs UtahSt and 5-0 ATS last 5 away vs UtahSt

only line that matters is Pinny and they opened at -7...

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

article from sportsnetwork

DATE & TIME: Friday, September 7, 8:00 p.m. (et).
    FACTS & STATS: Site: Romney Stadium (25,513) -- Logan, Utah. Television: ESPN2. Home Record: Utah 1-0, USU 1-0. Away Record: Utah 0-0, USU 0-0. Neutral Record: Utah 0-0, USU 0-0. Conference Record: Utah 0-0, USU 0-0. Series Record: Utah leads, 77-28-4.
    GAME NOTES: For just the third time since 1954, the Utah State Aggies kick off a campaign with back-to-back home dates as they entertain in-state rival Utah on Friday night at Romney Stadium.
    Last week the Aggies, members of the Western Athletic Conference, were also up against another school from the Beehive State, defeating Southern Utah by a score of 34-3. The win marked the first triumph in the season opener for the program since 1997 when it took out the Utah Utes on the road, 21-14. The last time the school won at home to begin a campaign was in 1996 when the Aggies slipped by the Utes, 20-17.
    As for Utah, a squad which is now in its second year in the Pac-12 Conference after residing in the Mountain West, it too began the new campaign on a high note by conquering Northern Colorado in Salt Lake City on August 30 by a score of 41-0.
    Picked to finish second in the Pac-12 South by the media, Utah has a record against current WAC programs of 97-41-6.
    The Utes own a 77-28-4 advantage in the all-time series with Utah State, posting a 35-17 win in the most recent matchup back in 2009 to give them 12 in a row over the Aggies. Utah's record in road openers versus USU is 8-2.
    Although the two schools did not face each other the last two years, the rivalry is still the 12th-longest in NCAA FBS history.
    Back on the field for the first time since the fourth game of the 2011 season when he suffered a season-ending injury against Washington, Jordan Wynn moved to 14-6 as a starter with the victory over UNC. Wynn finished the meeting 19- of-27 for 200 yards and a pair of touchdowns through the air. Jake Murphy reeled in six passes for 78 yards and both aerial scores for the program.
    The rushing attack for Utah was also quite strong as the squad ran the ball 47 times for 193 yards, thanks in large part to John White who delivered 119 yards and a score on 24 carries.
    The hard-hitting defense for the Utes allowed Northern Colorado a mere 35 rushing yards and 114 yards of total offense. Utah caused five fumbles, but recovered just one of those miscues by the Bears. Joe Kruger registered the one interception for the Utes and brought it back 24 yards for the last touchdown of the game.
    The effort by the defense isn't necessarily anything new for the Utes because last season the team ranked third in the Pac-12 and 38th nationally with 350.9 ypg allowed. Gaining an advantage on turnovers was also a hallmark of head coach Kyle Whittingham's crew in 2011 with the team placing 14th in the country with a plus-0.77 turnovers per contest.
    Where the Utes have to really focus their efforts is on offense because last year the team was 99th nationally in passing (173.2 ypg) and 109th overall with just 310.9 ypg, a number which ranked the squad last in the conference. Hopefully the return of Wynn will solve many of those ills.
    As for the Aggies, their offense was right on point in the opener, thanks in large part to quarterback Chuckie Keeton who converted all but three of his 25 pass attempts for 304 yards and a couple of touchdowns in the win over Southern Utah. Matt Austin showed why he is considered a top receiver in the WAC as he reeled in five balls for 119 yards and a score.
    If there is an area that Utah State must pay special attention to it is the running back position because they are having to replace both Robert Turbin and Michael Smith, two players who helped make the Aggies tops in the conference and sixth nationally with a hefty 282.7 ypg on the ground. In the opener, the team leaned heavily on Joe Hill who stepped up in a big way with 116 yards and three touchdowns on just 11 carries.
    Holding Southern Utah to just three points was certainly a great way to kick off the new year and limiting the opposition to a mere 209 yards of offense will go a long way in helping the season average, but the Aggies have to understand that an opponent like Utah will not be as easily held down.
    Linebacker Bojay Filimoeatu started out a bit slow with just 1.5 tackles in the opener, but he has a long season ahead of him and knows that the unit will be asking him to help fill a huge void left by Bobby Wagner moving forward.
    Enjoying the comforts of home should aid in USU's preparation for this meeting, but the Utes simply looked too dominant on both sides of the ball last week to be taken down in Logan.
    Sports Network Predicted Outcome: Utah 31, Utah State 24

zoo youk

Utah ST was -9 in turnovers last year. Utah forced 5 turnovers their first game. could play a huge roll. also the Utes returning 9 starters on offense and 9 on defense while the Aggies return just 6 starters on both sides of the ball and lost 27 letter man. so they are certainly a young squad while Utah is the veteran.

teasing Utah with something

zoo youk

i for those that like trends...in this series utah state has lost 12 straight by an average of 24 ppg. their last meeting in 08 Utah won 58-10 out gaining the aggies 461 yards to 116

zoo youk

Utah PK and Penn State Virginia over 39 for me.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Last meeting was 09 utah won 35 to 17... but for years utah State was a bottom feeder now they are muched improved from thos years... mostly new guys for both teams since 09

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Also could be a look a head spot for utah with byu on prime time again next week...

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28703

Utah State is a hard place to play....Utah sucks this year

Utah St 6.5

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10380

I am taking 1st half

eraser

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

No one would even look at this game if it wasn't the only one on tv. It could seriously go either way...in fact Utes probably win by 7. That said, it's an in-state rivalry game...gotta go with the home team plus the points.

linemen07
    linemen07's Avatar Become A Pro!

easy money

utah -7 is a gift

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

On at -6. Betislands hanging -6.5 and got a free half point.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Utah St +240 small

Paul Kemp
    Paul Kemp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Utah St +240 small
    Same now down to +230

madworld
    madworld's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I am a Utes fan, and not sure about Wynn (very unpredictable). I think the best bet would be 1st half under. The Utes defense was tough last year and only got better this year. I think the 1st half will be a field position battle and very low scoring (but then I thought this last year against BYU and it was over by half time.) If Utah St. plans to cover the -7 it will have to be under 50.5.

madworld

Why does everyone say Utah sucks this year? They were picked to take 2nd in the south behind USC and they have only played one game this year, which they won 41-0 (all be it, against a bad 2a school).

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by madworld View Post
    I am a Utes fan, and not sure about Wynn (very unpredictable). I think the best bet would be 1st half under. The Utes defense was tough last year and only got better this year. I think the 1st half will be a field position battle and very low scoring (but then I thought this last year against BYU and it was over by half time.) If Utah St. plans to cover the -7 it will have to be under 50.5.
    Good info here, solid post

madworld

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Stasko View Post
    I'm on Utah moneyline... This game Can play out in many ways. All depends on who shows up and plays the better game... I see Utah covering 7 but feel better with tthe moneyline.
    Okay John Madden (Have to state the obvious)- The team that plays better will win!!!

trapezoid
    trapezoid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1341

utah gonna beat em on both sides of the lines..what im hoping to see anyway.. also got a 7 point teaser on the spread, the under...and one of tomorrows games..gl

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    Salud
    You, making a serious post?
    Shit the world ends tomorrow..

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Don't feel great about it but already locked in on Utah. I laid off Cincy because it felt too square, so I didn't want to lay off Utah too.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

on 1st half under, great write up ...

Pm me future plays please

First 123 Last