RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Should drinking be allowed at NCAAF games?

I'm indifferent.

In college I would've thought yes 100%, but now I realize we have alot of rookie drinkers that get pissed by a bad call and shit can happen.

More security would be needed but I'm sure they'd make more back in the sale of alcohol.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

No. Also makes it more fun during halftime everyone goes outside and just starts shotgunning beers non stop for 15 minutes.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Guess I don't see the difference, given how hammered 70% of the crowd is before they go into the stadium anyway.

RudyRuetigger

Canuck where the hell are you sitting pal?

Freshman year I was in the peanut gallery. no way was i walking that far down.

Most just slide some small bottle of liquor in their pants or girl friends purse.

I've seen my fair share of thrown drinks over angry calls from the 300 level down to the first row...that was pretty fukkin hilarious and fukked up...esp when its from some frat boy wearing a suit and tie to the game

CanuckG

Whenever I go to U of W games we always had plenty of time to get out with lots of time left. Usually sat at the 40 yard line. They're playing where the Seahawks play this year so it will be even easier.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

The sell @ UNLV football, and basketball games.

CanuckG

Yeah I think they're starting to allow more colleges to sell beer. They understand money is to be made

West Virginia is one school that has started beer sales at games. Athletic Director Oliver Luck told the newspaper he expects profits of about $1 million from the sales

RudyRuetigger

Its like the lottery. Its a bad idea until 1 time they vote it in then it is permanent.

I think Cincy also sells beer.

I wonder if these places are on campus

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    Its like the lottery. Its a bad idea until 1 time they vote it in then it is permanent.

I think Cincy also sells beer.

I wonder if these places are on campus
    UNLV stadium is off campus which is why they allow it I think.

CanuckG

I know Oregon's stadium is across the fukkin bridge do they sell?

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

They should allow it at least in alumni sections

During games n Athens, we have no time to make it out to car/tailgate and back at halftime. Plus they do not allow reentry. Now of course we all sneak in a flask of crown but really wish they would sell beer inside.

However, probably not a good idea for students as there are quite a few that are rather new to the boozing game.

CanuckG

Over the next 5 years I bet 75% of schools will sell beer. $$$$

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

During games n Athens, we have no time to make it out to car/tailgate and back at halftime. Plus they do not allow reentry. Now of course we all sneak in a flask of crown but really wish they would sell beer inside.

However, probably not a good idea for students as there are quite a few that are rather new to the boozing game.
    at wisconsin games the suite level allows alcohol, plenty of indoor seating there in stuff like the "varsity club" or "buckingham club"

it is a ridiculous rule that there is no alcohol if the stadium/arena is on campus, the students are gonna get drunk if they want before the game, bring in airplane bottles, etc.
    and i never knew too many students that wanted to buy 5-6 beers at a game for $9 each, so the argument that they're all gonna get smashed off of beer at the game is a silly one

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

at wisconsin games the suite level allows alcohol, plenty of indoor seating there in stuff like the "varsity club" or "buckingham club"

it is a ridiculous rule that there is no alcohol if the stadium/arena is on campus, the students are gonna get drunk if they want before the game, bring in airplane bottles, etc.
    and i never knew too many students that wanted to buy 5-6 beers at a game for $9 each, so the argument that they're all gonna get smashed off of beer at the game is a silly one

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

did you go to uga? what year did you graduate?

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Our games are at Miami Dolphin stadium so yeah they sell alcohol

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    did you go to uga? what year did you graduate?
    Yes, 2002. Still go to all the home games and of course the cocktail party in jacksonville (stay in St. Simons now though as Ive gotten too old for the landing)

CrazyCarl
    CrazyCarl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2162

Up to the college.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Up to the college.
    i think its a state rule actually, not sure though.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Americans love chaos,

entertainment at its best............

nyyanks773
    nyyanks773's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

UConn I'm pretty sure sells beer at football (off-campus) and XL center for bball (off-campus) but not at gampel... I think... thought it had to do with NCAA

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Your allowed if its off campus, Like louisville's...

Students are going to pre game anyway, obv can't serve at stadiums on campus, too much under age drinking

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I think it's funny how they won't allow alcohol at the games, yet beer companies give them 100 of millions of dollars to use their adds.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

too many lightweights

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Doesn't matter, especially the late games. By the time the game starts with all the tailgating in CFB, its at least 50/50 when it comes to drunkards.

Doesn't matter where you sit, odds are at least 2 people in arm's reach around you have taken at least one drink.

rumnblack
    rumnblack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

It is allowed. Just not on campus - if you understand that.

The problem is the apathetic college football fans, those people are there merely for a party - so, they will take up seats in the student section for the first half or until their buzz wears off and then will bounce to a kegger up the street.

If you offer booze at the games, you tap into an awesome revenue source for the school, and allow the kids to remain fukked up.

To the OP - these rookie drinkers are getting shit faced before the game - the booze at the stadium will simply allow them to keep their buzz going instead of turning them into angry crashing drunks.

diveoregon
    diveoregon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oregon's Autzen Stadium doesn't sell in the stands, but the Mo center does sell and iside the ticketed area. There is always a mad rush going into the half, and a mad rush back when the bell goes off. Plenty of fans still run to the lots.
    As I get older I still like the beer inside, I still love the added intensity that comes along with it. Some people don't like the hazing, but I have a sick appretiation for it. I mentioned in a post the other day, there is nothing I enjoy more than heading out on the road to dish out a beat down to a conference foe. Trips to UW and Beaver games are the best, get heckled for hours, plenty of beer thrown on you, but always leave with an ear to ear grin watching their sorry fans all slumped over with their faces in their hands crying away another loss. Go Ducks!

merikson
    merikson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 790

Arizona State (on-campus stadium) starting serving beer and wine last season in the Loge section. They are still contemplating selling it in all sections in the coming seasons. There is a lot of money to be made.

painter10
    painter10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 376

who gives a shit !!!!,!,!,

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by merikson View Post
    Arizona State (on-campus stadium) starting serving beer and wine last season in the Loge section. They are still contemplating selling it in all sections in the coming seasons. There is a lot of money to be made.
    It's because ASU can't fill it seats, if you gave away the tickets for free. A campus of over 70,000 students can't be bothered to fill up their own student section. Only way you get these fukktards to figure out where the football stadium is, is to give them beer.

And most schools sell alcohol to the rich people able to afford the nicer club sections.

Went to an ASU basketball game last year, and had access to the booze.

merikson

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    It's because ASU can't fill it seats, if you gave away the tickets for free. A campus of over 70,000 students can't be bothered to fill up their own student section. Only way you get these fukktards to figure out where the football stadium is, is to give them beer.

And most schools sell alcohol to the rich people able to afford the nicer club sections.

Went to an ASU basketball game last year, and had access to the booze.
    Which game did you go too? You weren't drinking booze at your seats?

ChalkyDog

U of A game.

Went at halftime, bought a bud and some white wine for the miss. No, drank it while talking with Wildcat fans in the ASU club section.

merikson

I thought I smelled an angry kitty.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by merikson View Post
    I thought I smelled an angry kitty.
    HA! That game was tough in the moment - but in hindsight, I thank god.

Last years team was like a lame horse - needed to be shot ASAP.

12 Last