TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Anyone think Navy is a live dog against Notre Dame in Ireland on Saturday?

Of course Notre Dame is the better team, but Navy might be more disciplined and focused in a foreign country with a big time difference. Lot of variables with a relatively inexperienced one dimensional red shirt freshman ND QB and the chokeability that is Notre Dame.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

probably are, no Michael Floyd could be rainy as well navy can run the ball all day

nvm 10% chance of rain but only 21C (69F) with decently strong winds

will be interesting to see the state of the field
    Last edited by rfr3sh; 08-30-12 at 12:44 AM.

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

golson is not one dimensional, he can scramble quite well too. no chance navy wins. cover is a different story. notre dame roll here, only question is by how much.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Problem is Navy lost their main playmakers from last year, but their offense is still an offense not about playmakers but about execution, so if they can execute they will be able to be a pest for 3 quarters or so.

Regardless, I am on Navy +17 because I expect a low scoring game, so 17 points in a low scoring game is a good bet. Plus, since its Game 1, I think Notre Dame will have a defensive breakdown or two when trying to defend the triple option which will result in a long TD run for the Middies.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

if nd loses you can bet kellys head will be on the line. Suspending a couple good players, before going overseas to be watched by the world. Not a good look for him. Not to mention he has proven that the better player you are the less likely you are to miss any games. He was ok suspending reese because he can easily be replaced. Wood not so much. The alumni run nd, these fancy new jerseys, changing the helmet, playing crazy train over the loud speaker, doesnt sit well with old money.
    I dont bet nd , because i cant bet against them. i will say that id go navy +17

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    if nd loses you can bet kellys head will be on the line. Suspending a couple good players, before going overseas to be watched by the world. Not a good look for him. Not to mention he has proven that the better player you are the less likely you are to miss any games. He was ok suspending reese because he can easily be replaced. Wood not so much. The alumni run nd, these fancy new jerseys, changing the helmet, playing crazy train over the loud speaker, doesnt sit well with old money.
    I dont bet nd , because i cant bet against them. i will say that id go navy +17
    The thing with the Triple Option is that it takes just one missed defensive assignment to result in a long TD run. Don't play the dive and cheat to the veer, the QB gives to the fullback and he goes up the middle untouched. Focus too much on the fullback and too many people collapse inside towards him, there are not enough defenders on the perimeter and its an easy gain. And if you cheat the run too much and stack the box, a simple play action pass can leave a guy wide open.

Watch highlights from Ohio State's season opener against Navy in 2009. Navy almost won that game. Yes Navy played well, but Ohio State's defense made too many mistakes which led to easy scores for Navy. I remember that long TD pass Navy had was because Ohio State stacked the box way too much.

So the real question is will Notre Dame's defense be disciplined and prepared enough to limit the mental mistakes?

TheCentaur

Where are you guys getting Navy +17? Hasn't been there for days I thought

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Where are you guys getting Navy +17? Hasn't been there for days I thought
    I got it a week ago at 17, but it has moved down since.

Another thing to point out, is if you want to see a textbook example of a team getting embarrased by the triple option because they aren't prepared or ready, look at the 2009 Texas Bowl highlights when Navy beat the shit out of Missouri. Missouri spent more time complaining that Navy was blocking low than focusing on stopping them.

That's another thing, can't complain about their low blocks, they are going to do it, so suck it up and try to beat it.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Think ND wins easy here.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Think ND wins easy here.
    If this game was being played in the states, I'd agree, but I think too many distractions overseas and such that will cause the game to be a bit uglier than usual, allowing Navy to cover, and since Navy's offense is all about running the clock, could easily see a 31-17 type of game here.

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    If this game was being played in the states, I'd agree, but I think too many distractions overseas and such that will cause the game to be a bit uglier than usual, allowing Navy to cover, and since Navy's offense is all about running the clock, could easily see a 31-17 type of game here.
    That, along with a red shirt freshman from Myrtle Beach starting his first game in Dublin Ireland I can see a few miscommunication interceptions and/or some fumbles from mishandled snaps, handoffs, and broken plays.

Live dog is too strong. But I think there is value in both the spread and ml at 15.5 still, 16.5 if ur lucky enough to be in vegas

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    That, along with a red shirt freshman from Myrtle Beach starting his first game in Dublin Ireland I can see a few miscommunication interceptions and/or some fumbles from mishandled snaps, handoffs, and broken plays.

Live dog is too strong. But I think there is value in both the spread and ml at 15.5 still, 16.5 if ur lucky enough to be in vegas
    I would be more concerned with Notre Dame's defense, just watch Ohio State's opener against Navy in 2009 to see what happens when one of the 11 defensive players on the field miss an assignment.

I expect Notre Dame to have a defensive gaffe or two which leads to an easy Navy score.

Hilljacademics
    Hilljacademics's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18799

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Anyone live dog vs nd

Take navy

jeffdane

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    I would be more concerned with Notre Dame's defense, just watch Ohio State's opener against Navy in 2009 to see what happens when one of the 11 defensive players on the field miss an assignment.

I expect Notre Dame to have a defensive gaffe or two which leads to an easy Navy score.
    Obviously i dont like saying any team is or will be prepared to face Navy but

this is not comparable to the games you mentioned. These two teams play each year, how often does Ohio State see an offense like Navy's? Notre Dame has a bunch of experience back on defense, including all world LB(TEO), and Navy has an inexperienced OL. Notre Dame played decent last year against Navy. Notre Dame better and Navy worse this year. Really cant see how this game is close. Wood being suspended is not good but Atkinson is a star just waiting for a chance and Riddick is pretty good himself.

Weather combined with an inexperienced freshman quarterback and the bullshit that happens in Notre Dame games may cause a Navy cover, but no chance Navy wins.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

lot of pressure on ND

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Have I got the start time correct?
    0900 EDT??
    0600 PDT

jeffdane

unfortunately yes. 600 am is not cool

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

i wouldn't take ND here...The points or nothing

jeffdane

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Game in Ireland =Irish win large! 34-13

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    There you go boys go large on irish!!!

BetKing
    BetKing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

It's Irish all the way in this one!!!!

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

I do not like betting against teams like Navy that are disciplined and run that option offense. Line now down to 15. ND has some good LB'S to slow Navy down, but would probably lean toward taking the points or at least teasing Navy to +21.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I am on Navy +16 and Under 55

Trampas
    Trampas's Avatar Become A Pro!

What will be good tomorrow with a slight breeze. Pitch might not be up to the normal ncaa standard

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

thank you!

anyway im pretty excited for golsen to start. He has a lot of hype around here and a lot of people were hoping he would of played some last year, but hendrix got the call instead. I think golsen is going to be a great match for nd football.

TheCentaur

ND it is then, big

Navy you've been Landered

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdane View Post
    Yeah he's good, but what NCAA Division I starting QB doesn't have a high school highlight reel? Don't know if he will be able to make those cuts on a field in Ireland

jeffdane

Irish look good, should woop Purdue and then the season begins. MSU and Michigan will tell us how good they really are.
    hoping kelly sticks to the run alot more this year, we got a lot of talent in the backfield.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051