tobydicesare
    tobydicesare's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

What Handicappers need and the Vegas Bookmakers behind the Madness

What we as sports gamblers need is the formula that Vegas books use to make accurate point predictions ourselves. It could be used by "us" at least for reference and as a baseline to begin our pathway to a successful plan each week. Apparently, the books in LV use consultants and farm most of this "mathematical" stuff out to 3rd parties. Does anyone know if the tools that are used are available to the public or whop we could contact to receive this information? I think it is vital to understand the "behind-the-scenes" to gain a better understanding into the Sports gambling scene, whether or not we end up using this info is purely only a possibility...it just gives us the insight we need to BEGIN our journey to success and wealth via sports gambling.

possum11
    possum11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 948

I can tell you a pretty accurate calculation for totals.. a little more goes into the sides.

It's kind of hard to put in words here but you should get the idea.

1. Team A avg points scored +- (difference of Team B points allowed and average opponents score)
    Plus
    2. Team B avg points scored +- (difference of Team A points allowed and average opponents score)

tobydicesare

That is a good start....I will add that to the arsenal. Thanks

cyptomcat
    cyptomcat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 213

Ever since a company with Wall-Street experience got into market (Cantor Gaming), I believe it has become a lot more complex computationally. Cantor is/was a major player in finance, so you can imagine the level of complexity they brought to sports betting. They have servers that can identify patterns and help set up the lines. The quote below is about in-game-betting, but you can imagine the same computational power applied to set-up the game spreads.

. Cantor says its computer servers, driven by the kind of algorithmic-rich software that fuels derivatives trading, spew out odds on events at the fastest rate ever in Las Vegas.
    http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...-bet-on-sports

tobydicesare

Cyptomcat...I think you are correct with regards to more complex formulas and I think now William Hill should be mentioned too.. I do know though on the ground floor in Las Vegas, at least since the Stardust has been demolished, the Hilton (now the LVH) are the folks in the lead with the know how on setting the lines....but I dont think Jay Kornegay does as much as he has been getting credit for at the LVH....there are a few articles out in cyberspace that say they have hired Sports consultants who are located near McCarren near the airport that do much of the math on most everything they post there...but if someone knows differently, please let me and others know. I am a heavy moneyline player only and have had my comps reduced by 7x with my strategies and subsequently, when I found this out, I reached out to Kornegay to ask not only why but explain it to me mathematically or systematically or whatver you want to call it, I just want to know the reasoning and math behind the madness (and Im not a math guy by any means). My reduction in comps went like this: every player at the LVH roughly earns $1 in comps for every $2200 bet (theoretically)...although a $100 bet for a local usually gets you a buffet comp...so now I receive $1 for every $15,400 wagered...you can imagine the reduction in comps, especially after having over $7-8000 in comps almost completely wiped out overnight.....now any sane person after finding out why...my betting strategy.....would want to know the mechanics behind the why....but I still haven't figured it out. So, instead of waiting for the massive amount dollars I spend on certain games and building the few comps I get....I just to the NGRC---Nevada Gaming Racing Commission and got my way......and nowadays...that's the way it has to be done....Jay Kornegay knows its a pain in the backend for me and that I wont waste my time...so I forget about the comps and stay off property.....Maybe Im in this too deep for you all reading, but thats a start into what is the craziness I live in.