ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

About 9 hrs till Peen St. dies.

Some thinking Death Penalty or worse. Some thinking it can't be that bad.

The only unprecedented thing we know for sure is happening, is that the NCAA has come to an actual ruling in a meaningful amount of time (dare I say expedient?).

I have no idea what the penalty will look like, but I am guaranteeing loss of post-season for at least 3 years, and loss of TV for the same.

Terrible that they are punishing the current kids at this program, but something must be done.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I would say end the football program for two years and force the university to donate large sums of money and time into donsting and increasing awareness about child abuse and helping victims to heal from it.

Let the bad stench burn down and resurrect the football program anew in the 2014-2015 season.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

They say that the "death penalty" has only been meted out to schools already
    on probation(SMU).
    To my way of thinking the "death penalty" and w-a-y beyond should be imposed
    on Pedo State. Beyond disgraceful when a university has an institutional blind-eye
    to destroying and sodomizing innocent boys.
    Prosecute the Sandusky enablers--- athletic department zipper-mouths and alumi/ administrators who knew and chose not to act.
    Give them all a day in court.
    Absolutely disgusting what happened to these boys.

Give these Pedo State criminals and their abettors front row passes to the next opening of a super-hero movie in Aurora, Colo.
    Last edited by 19th Hole; 07-22-12 at 11:23 PM. Reason: punc

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Already leaked that no death penalty. You not read the ESPN article?

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Joe Schad doesn't know at all what is going to happen. He is just saying bowl ban(s) and scholarships taken away. I could of said that. Even if he did I hate when they ruin what is going to happen.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

getting kicked completely out of the big 10 for all sports is the next most impactful thing after death penalty

that would be fantastic

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

nice spelling and apparently they're not getting death penalty but they probably will have to suffer big time!

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

No worse than USC got for Reggie Bush

19th Hole

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    PWAD..This is what I've seen...
    "This is a fine like no fine before," an industry source told CBSSports.com.
    CBSSports.com's Dennis Dodd has reported Penn State will face "significant penalties that could severely damage the football program's ability to compete" when the NCAA announces sanctions against the football program at a 9 a.m. news conference Monday.
    To put the fine in perspective, Penn State's athletic department had $116 million in revenue for the 2010-11 school year, the most recent data available according to figures from the U.S. Department of Education's Equity in Athletics.

A source told CBS News correspondent Armen Keteyian that Penn State will suffer "unprecedented" punishment for its collective failure to report Sandusky, recently convicted on 45 counts of sexual abuse, to the proper authorities.
    "I've never seen anything like it," the source told Keteyian, indicating that both the football program and the school itself would face sanctions.
    Dodd (CBS), a person with knowledge of the process said there is a way to impact Penn State's competitive ability in football without applying the so-called “death penalty.” That term could be mere semantics by the time the NCAA sanctions are announced according to a source. Penn State, the source said, may prefer the death penalty.
    A source confirmed for CBSSports.com that there are indications the penalties could be so unique they would be different than any previously applied by the NCAA. They could last beyond one season.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

love that

if they cant literally emasculate sandusky then they'll just do it figuratively to his employer

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

The rumors I have read say that it's going to be so bad that ped state might shut down their program themselves and move down to 1-AA

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let's just wait. No need for rumors when we are 8 hours away. Should be interesting.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

7 hours.....

I'm an alumni and I hope they get slammed

19th Hole

Good Riddance

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Hopefully they allow current student athletes to transfer and keep/have immediate eligibility.... the guys who play for PSU didn't touch any kids they should be allowed to get out to another program with no impact on eligibility

19th Hole

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    7 hours.....

I'm an alumni and I hope they get slammed
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Exactly!!

Curious how you received degrees for multiple people.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

go Pitt

CoachJB
    CoachJB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2556

Quote Originally Posted by Iwinyourmoney View Post
    Hopefully they allow current student athletes to transfer and keep/have immediate eligibility.... the guys who play for PSU didn't touch any kids

they should be allowed to get out to another program with no impact on eligibility
    Solid post

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

next thing you know they will say paterno did the actual rapes

Paterno did nothing to cover up anything. Those emails were to the board asking what they found in the investigation and paterno assumed they were running things.

If anything thinks Paterno would harm a kid then your dillusional.

They shouldn't do anything but get rid of anyone on the board that was around back then
    and cash.

Funny how there are no McQueery threads. He saw sandusky several hundred times and did nothing.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Program is screwed for a long time regardless. What kid who has multiple offers from great schools is going to want to attend a school that condones pedophilia? Granted that fat tub of crap tt, who thinks Paterno did nothing wrong by covering up for and continuing to employ that piece of shit Sandusky, would send his kid there but that would mean he would have to spawn with a female and that will never happen.

I hope everyone involved with the attacks and coverup get raped by rhinos before they are executed.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    Joe Schad doesn't know at all what is going to happen. He is just saying bowl ban(s) and scholarships taken away. I could of said that. Even if he did I hate when they ruin what is going to happen.
    I agree with death penalty

Thing is joe schad and other guys do already know. The shit leaks. These guys have sources inside the school and inside the ncaa office. Scholarship losses and bowl ban for a period of time. Plus the fine.

Program should be scrapped but will never happen.

becketmcginn
    becketmcginn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

fsfalcons
    fsfalcons's Avatar Become A Pro!

whats the outcome?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    The rumors I have read say that it's going to be so bad that ped state might shut down their program themselves and move down to 1-AA
    After the sanctions, they wont be able to compete at the 1-aa level

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Adios Penn St. Trying to figure out since they stripped school of fb wins from 1998-2011 if that lowers Joe's number as well. Hope it does. I'm sure tt is overdosing on Yoo Hoo and Cheetos right now.

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Let the football program rot in hell with that scumbag Paterno

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Adios Penn St. Trying to figure out since they stripped school of fb wins from 1998-2011 if that lowers Joe's number as well. Hope it does. I'm sure tt is overdosing on Yoo Hoo and Cheetos right now.
    Dropped him from 409 to something like 280. 1st to 8th overall.

It is bad, at least 10 years before they are back. Penn St. isn't USC - where USC was still one of the better football teams during the sanctions. There is going to be a mass exodus by the players, and recruiting is going to be very bad. USC never dealt with either of that.