EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

West Virginia/South Florida

Can anyone enlighten me on why Pinnacle is the only book currently running a line on this game?

E

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4699

WV-QB-Bednarik-Doubtful

That could be why.

aje
    aje's Avatar Become A Pro!

Redshirt QB will start
    Monday, October 17, 2005

By Chuck Finder, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

No matter how West Virginia quarterback Adam Bednarik's sprained right foot feels or heals by Saturday, redshirt freshman Pat White apparently will get his inaugural college start at South Florida.

"More than likely, it looks like Pat White's going to start regardless," Mountaineers coach Rich Rodriguez said yesterday. Bednarik "will be very limited throughout the week. It looks like he's going to miss a lot of work. We're not sure he can play [Saturday]."

Bednarik sustained neck and shoulder injuries before his foot was sprained on the fourth play of the fourth quarter, with West Virginia trailing Louisville, 24-7, in a game that White won in relief, 46-44 in triple overtime. White completed 4 of 9 passes for 53 yards, rushed eight times for 64 yards and conjured a handful of critical plays on third and fourth downs, not to mention the winning points on a 2-point conversion pass to Dorrell Jalloh in the final overtime.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's not really much of a step down for WVU, except that it is a road game, and White may be intimidated. I feel South Florida would win the game either way, but this may make it easier for their defense to frustrate the Mountaineers.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Game cancelled because of hurricane.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4699

Officials at South Florida continued to monitor Wilma's progress Wednesday, but Saturday night's Big East home game with No. 20 West Virginia remained as scheduled.
    That was as of 10:40PM EST on ESPN.