bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the over 47 in this game coach.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got this game just before kickoff...

Nevada -7
    OVER 46

At the half Nevada led 24-14...38 points total

That was with some of the worst clock management I have ever seen by Nevada which cost them at least 3 points just before half. In the second half I guess they thought they had the game won and they spent the entire half trying to run out the clock. Northwestern managed to score another touchdown and Nevada still made no effort to score. With two minutes left Northwestern had the ball and the best I could hope for was a win on the total which I thought was easy money since there was 38 points at the half!

Out of the blue, Northwestern throws a pick six and I cover the total and the spread.

Anyone ever heard that catchy tune by Huey Lewis and the News, "Hip to be Square"?

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap
    I got this game just before kickoff...

Nevada -7
    OVER 46

At the half Nevada led 24-14...38 points total

That was with some of the worst clock management I have ever seen by Nevada which cost them at least 3 points just before half.
    I was talking to looker about that. They spiked it on 2nd and long with 2 minutes left and then irrationally spike it on 3rd down with 25 seconds left. Congrats on the double hit, gotta love those crazy finishes when they go your way

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4747

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    I was talking to looker about that. They spiked it on 2nd and long with 2 minutes left and then irrationally spike it on 3rd down with 25 seconds left. Congrats on the double hit, gotta love those crazy finishes when they go your way
    I know it. It started to look like it was going to land on 45. That would of sucked to lose by a .5 a point on that total.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    They talked about that quarterback going pro. No way in hell he ever becomes a starter for any team in the NFL. Maybe the CFL.

Then they kept mentioning how their coach was the only active coach to be in the HOF. How did he make it in? By teaching his players how to be mindless? I mean there's two minutes left before the half (I won't even mention how the idiots managed to use all 3 timeouts in the first 20 minutes of the game), and the QB spikes the ball?!?! Then he spikes the ball with a minute left on third down! Then he spikes the ball with 25 seconds left in the half so they can line up a 42 yard field goal into the wind which they don't have a chance in hell of making. It was just painful. It was like the QB didn't take into account that spiking the ball costs them a down. I wouldn't have been surprised to see him spike the ball on fourth down.

Did you see the fumble on the kickoff at the end of the game? I felt like I was in the twilight zone. Why would the official decide the ball belonged to Northwestern when it had already been declared a fumble and it was BLATANTLY recovered by Nevada?

moses millsap

Nah, I didn't see that fumble at the end. Had no more interest in the game at that point. That coach is in the HOF??? LOL. I rarely watch the games with volume on. I'm usually blasting my music to keep my sanity. I was shocked when he spiked that ball near midfield on 2nd and 11 I believe with 1:50 or so left.

Even worse was near the end of the game on 3rd and 20 I think, Rowe was scrambling and had about 10 yards of field open in front of him and he wings a pass way off target. THEN, they go for it on 4th down?

Maybe you misread Hall of Fame. Perhaps it was the Wall of Morons. Like lemmings, they just walk into the wall, bleed, walk backwards, and then in an effort to do something different, run full speed into the wall of bricks.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4747

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap
    Did you see the fumble on the kickoff at the end of the game? I felt like I was in the twilight zone. Why would the official decide the ball belonged to Northwestern when it had already been declared a fumble and it was BLATANTLY recovered by Nevada?
    I seen that and was dumbfounded when I seen the officials giving it to Northwestern. With what happen in that Oklahoma/Oregon game, you would figure they would try to be a bit more sharper on calls like that.

moses millsap

BTW, ISC, need ya to break the tie in my thread in the private section. I'm assuming you won't follow in the Prick's footsteps and vote for the 3rd option.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

that game was damn close to the number in both the spread and the total...nice job oddsmakers...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought we had a no sweater tonight guys, but that sure wasn't the case was it. The bottom line is that we cashed the ticket

Pags, this line opened at 54.5, and quickly was bet down to 52. Then the public drove it down to anywhere from 45.5 to 47 at gametime.