Dr. J Trotter
    Dr. J Trotter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 195

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    When did I say the Iraq war is a good one? Obama has caused more debt than any other president. Spend spend spend. That's all you Democrats know. Spend other people's money.
    So Obama sent us to Iraq?

I thought that happened in 1990 with Bush Sr.

Then his son followed suit?

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. J Trotter View Post

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/story...an-diddy-combs

Mo money, mo problems.
    As Justin Combs, the son of rap mogul Sean "Diddy" Combs, prepares to head to UCLA to play football for the Bruins next season, some are questioning whether the cornerback should pass on the $54,000 athletic scholarship awarded to him by the university because of his family's wealth.
    UCLA released a statement Wednesday explaining that athletic scholarships are not based on finances and do not rely on taxpayers' money. The University of California school system is currently facing financial problems.
    "Unlike need-based scholarships, athletic scholarships are awarded to students strictly on the basis of their athletic and academic ability -- not their financial need," the statement read. "Athletic scholarships, such as those awarded to football or basketball players, do not rely on state funds. Instead, these scholarships are entirely funded through UCLA Athletics ticket sales, corporate partnerships, media contracts and private donations from supporters.

More On UCLA

For the latest news on UCLA, check out ESPN Los Angeles' blog on the Bruins. Blog

"Each year, UCLA awards the equivalent of approximately 285 full athletic scholarships to outstanding student-athletes. The scholarships are used by the UCLA Department of Intercollegiate Athletics to pay students' tuition and fees, as well as room and board. In this respect, UCLA is no different from the overwhelming majority of Division I institutions."

Combs, a three-star recruit who chose the Bruins over Iowa, Virginia and Illinois, went to Iona Prep in New Rochelle, N.Y., and reportedly graduated with a 3.75 GPA. He helped lead the Gaels to the semifinals of the Catholic High School Athletic Association Class AA playoffs last season, primarily playing cornerback but also quarterbacking at times. The 5-foot-9, 175-pound corner had one interception and threw four touchdowns.

KKoz9

So Obama sent us to Iraq?

I thought that happened in 1990 with Bush Sr.

Then his son followed suit?

No, actually the 2nd time the authority was given by Clinton in December 1998 when his administration launched operation Desert Fox, an unprovoked bombing campaign against Iraq, and passed the Iraq Liberation Act which declared the policy of the United States to be "To support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and promote the emergence of a democratic government"...with no further reason needed.

Just the facts...
    (which liberals choose to ignore or are just plain ignorant about)

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Isnt it interesting the paths threads can go...

Anyhow:

Earlier today, I ordered Americas armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraqs nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.

Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle East and around the world.

Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighborsor the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    When did I say the Iraq war is a good one? Obama has caused more debt than any other president. Spend spend spend. That's all you Democrats know. Spend other people's money.
    Ah nevermind. A guy like u is just to unreachable. I will just try this one for u. A majority of the deficit Obama occurred were because of the George Bush tax cuts and George Bush wars. Do u have that now stupid? I know u don't hear this on nitwit neo-con right wing radio or Fox right wing News but those are the facts. Do u have it NOW dummy?

KKoz9

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Isnt it interesting the paths threads can go...

Anyhow:

Earlier today, I ordered Americas armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraqs nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.

Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle East and around the world.

Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighborsor the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons.

Clinton 1998

"The hard fact is that so long as Saddam remains in power, he threatens the well-being of his people, the peace of his region, the security of the world. The best way to end that threat once and forall is with a new Iraqi government - a government ready to live in peace with its neighbors, a government that respects the rights of its people...

Heavy as they are, the costs of action must be weighed against the costs of inaction. If Saddam defies the world and we fail to respond, we face a far greater threat in the future. Saddam will strike again at his neighbors. He will make war on his own people...he will develop weapons of mass destruction. He will deploy them, and he will use them."

KKoz9

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Ah nevermind. A guy like u is just to unreachable. I will just try this one for u. A majority of the deficit Obama occurred were because of the George Bush tax cuts and George Bush wars. Do u have that now stupid? I know u don't hear this on nitwit neo-con right wing radio or Fox right wing News but those are the facts. Do u have it NOW dummy?

just because you say it doesn't make it so

Sam Odom

George Bush tax cuts and George Bush wars.

However both of those belong to Obama now he has signed off on them several times since taking office

Thor4140

However both of those belong to Obama now he has signed off on them several times since taking office
    right he did and this is why i have a legitimate claim to think they guy is a big disappointment. Now u right wingers for some reason now hate that he signed off on these when u were thrilled by them 5 years ago. This would make u guys nitwits or hypocrites

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post
    just because you say it doesn't make it so
    let me show u a chart u brain dead assholes who always talk about Obama's spending. Look who has done all the spending. For some reason u brain dead assholes somehow have the democrats doing all the spending. Either grow the fuk up and have a mind of ur own or still stay the brain dead nitwit, who gets conned by right wing talking points over and over again

“Slowest spending in decades”

By Mary Hough on

Source: Market Watch
    Mitt Romney claims that federal spending has “accelerated without precedent in recent history,” but that’s just not true. Under President Obama, we've seen the slowest increase in federal spending in decades. Take a look at this chart to see how the past three years stack up against former presidents.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

http://theweek.com/article/index/228...e-scholarships

Do any Romney supporters have a problem with this?

Or is it just the system?
    Also, how much is the free publicity UCLA gets from having this kid go there worth ?
    Much more than the scholarship I would imagine.

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Does not seem right but like Illini said he deserved it
    It's inefficient.

If your family is worth $500 Million, there are ways other ways to reward the kid that benefits both the kid and the rest of pool of students eligible for the same merit-based scholarship.

Let the kid have first dibs at registering for classes or some other perk. I'm sure if given the choice, both the pool of students who have another scholarship up for grabs AND Diddy Jr would approve.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

So in your eyes the American taxpayer should pay for his college fees?

Something tells me you dont pay American taxes.
    Injecting partisan bs into the beginning of your OP ends the discussion before it really begins. If more CA schools offered merit based (undergrads usually come from the endowment, UCLA endowment is currently @ $2.4 BILLION http://www.uclainvestmentcompany.org.../About-Us.aspx, athletic are self funded) scholarships to children of wealthy families, do you know what they get in 10 years? Alums that are wealty as **** and guess what? They need tax breaks. I have no problem with public schools planting $200K seeds to grow multimillion dollar trees.

Also, kid is smart as shit, his dad is one of the most successful entrepreneurs of the last 50 years. When the son gets into business, guess who he's going to hire? ALUMS

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
    Injecting partisan bs into the beginning of your OP ends the discussion before it really begins. If more CA schools offered merit based (undergrads usually come from the endowment, UCLA endowment is currently @ $2.4 BILLION http://www.uclainvestmentcompany.org.../About-Us.aspx, athletic are self funded) scholarships to children of wealthy families, do you know what they get in 10 years? Alums that are wealty as **** and guess what? They need tax breaks. I have no problem with public schools planting $200K seeds to grow multimillion dollar trees.

Also, kid is smart as shit, his dad is one of the most successful entrepreneurs of the last 50 years. When the son gets into business, guess who he's going to hire
    ? ALUMS

Dr. J Trotter
    Dr. J Trotter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 195

That was when the Repubs held the country hostage in January earlier this year correct?

Thor4140

That was when the Repubs held the country hostage in January earlier this year correct?
    Yep Trot he had no choice in order to get people who really needed the money the people who were unemployed. So he had to keep extending those tax cuts for the rich which is killing the deficit. Those tax breaks for the rich that these assholes here were all for, and still are, but somehow don't realize it is creating a huge deficit. It is similar to the one tea party fella i once saw during the health care fiasco. He said "keep gov't out of my health care and leave my medicare alone" LOL. This is what we are up against. Unreachable people.

Sam Odom

1st two years Dems controlled all THREE BRANCHES of the govt

^ just a reminder ^

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

This kid will get murder on the practice field

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    So what? The kid worked hard on the field and on his grades. What his family is worth is besides the point.
    disagree with this completely. and don't tell me race had nothing to do with this either. you know how hard it is for high school seniors with 4.0 gpas, great act scores to get a 'full ride' into a great school.

his dad making hundreds of millions should def. negate him. there are tons of kids going to that school getting in thousands of dollars in debt because their parents are not rich, and because they can't play a sport, but work hard, get great grades, had 4.0 all through high school. but get nothing.

the whole scholarships all going to the sports is anther major problem in our education program in america. most of them don't graduate,, dont take school serious, but they get a top of the line education.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tons of Dr's kids get scholarships

Guys let it go..not an issue here

Kid might play..UCLA not wasting a scholarship

Thor4140

1st two years Dems controlled all THREE BRANCHES of the govt

^ just a reminder ^
    I guess u never heard of filibusters or blue dog democrats who are nothing more then republicans. U can't get anything done sammy unless u can get 60 votes. Republicans set a record for number of filibusters. So when u blame Obama why don't u take a look at the things that are still in tact. Those would be the shit rightwing policies that put us in this mess to begin with. So continuing shitty policies has us still here. Now u clowns loved these policies 5 years ago but somehow hate them now.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    disagree with this completely. and don't tell me race had nothing to do with this either. you know how hard it is for high school seniors with 4.0 gpas, great act scores to get a 'full ride' into a great school.

his dad making hundreds of millions should def. negate him. there are tons of kids going to that school getting in thousands of dollars in debt because their parents are not rich, and because they can't play a sport, but work hard, get great grades, had 4.0 all through high school. but get nothing.

the whole scholarships all going to the sports is anther major problem in our education program in america. most of them don't graduate,, dont take school serious, but they get a top of the line education.
    This is an athletic scholarship, not academic. Paid for strictly from funds raised by the athletic department. You sound like a freaking communist.

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

His dad is already employing hundreds of people and paying a small fortune in taxes, but because he is successful, his son shouldn't accept what he EARNED, even when it has nothing to do with taxpayer funds? I can't believe there are people who think like this.

KKoz9

let me show u a chart u brain dead assholes who always talk about Obama's spending. Look who has done all the spending. For some reason u brain dead assholes somehow have the democrats doing all the spending. Either grow the fuk up and have a mind of ur own or still stay the brain dead nitwit, who gets conned by right wing talking points over and over again

“Slowest spending in decades”

By Mary Hough on

Source: Market Watch
    Mitt Romney claims that federal spending has “accelerated without precedent in recent history,” but that’s just not true. Under President Obama, we've seen the slowest increase in federal spending in decades. Take a look at this chart to see how the past three years stack up against former presidents.

Oh educate me you pompous kool-aid drinking liberal a$$hole...

we all got charts

Foosball Champ
    Foosball Champ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10486

It's smart for UCLA they will get 20 times that back in contribution from Diddy and 100 times if he starts as a freshman.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Very simple.

The kid earned it, his dad didn't. Just like Barry Sanders kid.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

The next primetime

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

UCLA is straight retarded. Looks like they just want to get the sons of some big stars. Now they have offered a football scholarship to Snoop Dogg's son. Kid is a sophomore who has only played 1 year of FRESHMAN football!! How about getting some actual athletes?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highsc...180530922.html

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Athletic scholarships arent state supported, they take take funds from the money generating sports and use that.

In the end it is a publicity stunt and a way for UCLA to hopefully get some money in the future. Kid is 5' 9' 175 QB, how the hell does he get a scholarship anyway?

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

This thread lost direction a bit, but I think its laughable that people get pissed about him getting a scholarship. He did what he had to do to earn the scholarship - it wasn't awarded to him because he was diddy's son. Who cares if his dad is a billionaire? That is what is wrong with this country - too many people want it all to be "equal". Guess what - its not gonna happen. If your son got a 3.75 and was good enough to get a UCLA scholarship - he would have. Don't think he is "taking it away from someone who deserves it" - the person who deserved it got it. If he turned it down - THEN it would go to someone who didn't deserve it!!

I am really surprised at how many liberal pu$$ies are on this site! I shouldn't be probably because they are home posting all day and wondering why they aren't getting more money from the rich - but grow up!!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR Lou

possum11
    possum11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 948

Not a Romney supporter but would vote for him over Obama. Don't care at all about this kid getting a scholarship. But to the post saying someone complains about a single mom getting $100 in welfare I disagree. It's not like that at all. Where did you meet this person? My whole family votes Republican 99% of the time and not one of them would ever complain about giving someone a hand up that actually needs it. It's the people taking advantage of the system we have a problem with (and the way Obama has let them do it more easily to get re-elected). It's really not even about being fair anymore. I'm used to life not being fair. I am worried about the future of the country. We have 300 million people people and 150 million employed. What if it dropped to 125 mil employed? There is a point where we are done at a country - what it is exactly IDK but whos to say its not far off.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    This thread lost direction a bit, but I think its laughable that people get pissed about him getting a scholarship. He did what he had to do to earn the scholarship - it wasn't awarded to him because he was diddy's son. Who cares if his dad is a billionaire? That is what is wrong with this country - too many people want it all to be "equal". Guess what - its not gonna happen. If your son got a 3.75 and was good enough to get a UCLA scholarship - he would have. Don't think he is "taking it away from someone who deserves it" - the person who deserved it got it. If he turned it down - THEN it would go to someone who didn't deserve it!!

I am really surprised at how many liberal pu$$ies are on this site! I shouldn't be probably because they are home posting all day and wondering why they aren't getting more money from the rich - but grow up!!!
    Agreed. He earned it, period.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Publish the backgrounds and incomes of players who never step on the field until senior day at big time and small fry schools and you will find that a lot of parents are millionaires or upper class/crust. That shit never makes the news, know why? We look at them all as athletes first and break them down from there(can they play, are they good, classification, race and on down the line). Background and income seldom comes up unless they get in trouble or are academic all americans.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Maybe Shug Knight will have something waiting for Justin Combs on the West Coast and start this East Coast- West Coast thing. Would be awful, this kid doesn't have street smarts like Diddy.

First 123