r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

okla vd oregon -4

who else likes the ducks in this one? oklahoma is overrated imo. cant wait to see their fall from glory start this saturday. i actually think the ducks can spank em by 10+. thoughts, and why?

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took oregon! I agree OK is overrated. I am excited to see this one.
    quack!!!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like OU on the ML in this game myself.

I really don't think we have seen the real OU team at all this year just yet. They have played up and down to there competition in both games.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Another initial comment: This has to do with last year's Holiday Bowl. This was a bowl game that Oregon thought they didn't deserve to be in; they thought they should have gone to a better bowl and proceeded to have their butts kicked by Oklahoma that night in San Diego.

From a motivational standpoint, I think with Oregon at home in front of their fans seeking revenge for, what I thought to be, an embarrasing outing in San Diego Dec 2005 that they should be fired up for this game. I haven't capped this yet but I think this motivation should come into play a bit.

E

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oregon was probably my #9 play, didn't make my top 7, but I like it a lot...

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

As a Sooner fan this one will be a very tough one too pull out in Eugene. If the OU D plays like it was billed t be and AD can have a another AD type of day, OU will win. If the OU D cannot stop that rushing game of Stewart, they WILL lose no doubt about it.

If you call having an 9-3 or 8-4 fall from glory, Ill take that. Cant really see how a #15 ranking is overrated, unless you think they should not be ranked at all.

BIG GAME BOB has lost alot of his luster over the last few years, so there is pressure for Stoops to pull this one out of the bag.

MAYBE A LIL SOONER MAGIC????
    CAN NEVER TELL!!!!

sportsfreek2184
    sportsfreek2184's Avatar Become A Pro!

peterson goes for 165 yards, sooners win by 3, bank it

pags11

just think this one comes down to Thompson being able to complete some longer passes...if he can't, it will be tough for OU to come out of there victorious...

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Oklahoma may be the most underrated team in the country. Oregon can't stop the run very well, and OU handled Dixon last year, and dominated that game much more than the final score indicated. A defensive dog is always worth a look, especially given Stoops' track record.
    With that said, I still can't take Oklahoma here. EBone's reasons for potential Oregon success are well taken, and - despite the Holiday Bowl - OU has had a little trouble with mobile QBs in the past.
    Still, in my opinion, it's a very small lean to Oklahoma, but I wouldn't be surprised to see either team win comfortably. Pass.

pags11

interesting angle razz...I've watched Oregon's first two games (also have watched OU's first two)...have been very impressed with Oregon and not too impressed with OU...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lets not forget that Dixon's ankle is not exactly 100% either for this game.

brusher
    brusher's Avatar Become A Pro!

This game could go either way. It all depends on how each team has progressed from the last game until now.

OU is probably ranked about right right now considering their performance in the last two games.

Specifically the D line has been pushed around the last two games and they got burned a few times on the deep ball. However, Lendy Holmes has taken the starting spot at the boundry corner in place of the now benched DJ Wolfe who was responsible for most the coverage probs. Holmes looked great when he played the remainder of the Washington game.

The offense has been steadily improving as Paul Thompson gets more comfortable under center. He's already proven to be much better than everyone thought he would be. He may surprise a few folks before the seasons over. I don't think OU's offense will have any problem putting some points on the board if they get the ball enough times. Look for AD to have his usual day of 100 plus yrd's.

So this game may very well come down to how OU's D line plays, and this may very well be the week that their D finally comes together and plays like they are capable. Like a Stoops led defense. If it does, OU will roll. If not, it could be UO's day.

Oregon didn't help their cause any by not allowing OU to practice on the field at the pre scheduled time. This was a low life move on Belotti's part. Consiquently OU had to practice on the Hotel parking lot. I'm sure this will give Stoops and troops a little added incitive. Not that they will need it.

I think OU puts it together this week.

OU to cover and win straight up.

ntgarrett
    ntgarrett's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oregon will be the play today...at home and with an overated Oklahoma team...it will be close but with revenge and being at home, I like the ducks!

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

i like Oregon in this one. A lot. Collin Hurd (sp?) on ESPN radio picked Oregon as one of his top 4 best bets of the weekend, FWIW.

mark09
    mark09's Avatar Become A Pro!

You have to be impressed with Oregon going into Fresno State and taking the "W" in a potential look a head game. I don't care how small a school Fresno State is they have a good program.

The one thing that bothers me about the Sooners today is they seem to be putting a ton of pressure on themselves in this game and in college football, emotion and pressure is everything.

The Ducks look loose and ready while the Sooners could be a little tight in this game. Advantage to the team with either the best or worst uniforms in college football depending on how you see it, the Ducks.

pickwinners
    pickwinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

is it worth taking oregon -6?

pags11

what a crazy game...really thought Oregon was going to be the right side in this one but OU showed us something...