brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

Does Washington even have a chance today

On paper, this should be a blow out. Washington did not play good football down the stretch. Getting beat by pathetic Oregon state, but also had a tough schedule playing Stanford, Oregon and USC.

It looks like they can score some points, averaging over 30 a game.. But giving up just as many on defense.

The line is at +9.5 can Washington find enough offense to cover this huge bowl game spread?

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

i really think washington needs to score 40 to have a shot at covering

CoachV
    CoachV's Avatar Become A Pro!

I haven't really looked at this game a lot (will do later) but my gut is not only can they cover I think they can win outright

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Baylor has a terrible defense. UDub could cover, but I doubt it. This is basically a home game for Baylor.

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

I wonder what the stat is for heisman trophy winning qb's in bowl games?

Grosshhit
    Grosshhit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

Both teams have atrocious defenses, I think Baylor is allowing almost 500 total yards a game. That said I think Washington may have a shot to cover but the best bet on the board is Over 79.5. Thats all I'm taking this game.

GoCougs!
    GoCougs!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11340

The UW has a strong offense and one of the worst D's in the game. Baylor has a better O than the UW, but they may be one of the few teams that has a worse defense than the Huskies.

Huskies should cover.

mikea33
    Why Canucks, why?
    mikea33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

baylor TT o43

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by CoachV View Post
    I haven't really looked at this game a lot (will do later) but my gut is not only can they cover I think they can win outright
    UW will not with this game outright.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew2k View Post
    I wonder what the stat is for heisman trophy winning qb's in bowl games?
    Of the 11 Heisman Trophy winners favored by more than -7, only 1 has covered ATS. That's 1-10!!!!!! That's a curse if you ask me! California won outright in last years bowl game as a 11.5 underdog. They are 4-0 as a dog in bowls.

Nivas the guru
    Nivas the guru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1002

Quote Originally Posted by firehoyt View Post
    Of the 11 Heisman Trophy winners favored by more than -7, only 1 has covered ATS. That's 1-10!!!!!! That's a curse if you ask me! California won outright in last years bowl game as a 11.5 underdog. They are 4-0 as a dog in bowls.
    What does california winning last year have to do with this?
    At any rate, Ive watched every huskies game the and the reason they struggled down the stretch was injuries to QB price. Hes healthy now and they can put up points and give up a ton of points too. Take the over and enjoy the fireworks.

veeds1690
    veeds1690's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 624

All signs point to the over.

4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

To me the the Big-12 is a tougher division than the PAC-12, and Baylor can hang with the big boys. The Texas teams (Texas, A&M, Tech, TCU), the OK teams and the Kansas teams to me are superior to the the Washington, Oregon & Arizona teams. Baylor 3 games ago beat #5 OK. Wash went 0-4 against top 25 opponents, none of which were in the top 5. Wash has only 2 wins in their last 6 games, and both wins were to teams who finished in last place in their divisions. Baylor has won 5 of 6, including 5 in a row, with the 1 loss to #3 OK ST.

Wash was an underdog twice in their last 5 games, and bigger dogs than they are today, and didn't cover in those games where the opponents are not as good as Baylor [+11 at USC lost by 23 & +16.5 home against Oregon lost by 17]. Though Baylor covered the -12 against TX TCH, they didn't cover the -20 against Kansas (probably due to it being a let down game after beating OK the week before as a 17 point dog).

Baylor doesn't get much spotlight, but when they do they maximize their play. When was Wash last in the spotlight? If Baylor can beat TX by 24, and they did in their last game, Baylor ought to beat Wash by at least 9. Frankly, I see Baylor winning easily by at least 3 scores. Of course all this on paper stuff is meaningless come game time, most of the Bowls so far this year have been 1 score games, and folks here seem worried about Baylor covering. Still, Baylor -9.5 is the play. Baylor is resilient too, as proven when down 24-3 in the 2nd half & down 24-10 in the 4th quarter against Kansas. Thus, if Wash gets the lead Baylor can come back, and if Baylor gets the lead they won't look back.
    Last edited by 4seasons; 12-29-11 at 08:27 PM.

AL1322
    AL1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

anything can happen in these bowl games...no one thought wash was going to beat nebraska either after nebraska stomped them the first time..but it happend..i wouldnt be surprised at all if wash won straight up..in fact i wil be putting cash on wash ml along with the pts..see this being a shootout 48-45 or something..gl whatever u take..im on the huskies

venture
    venture's Avatar Become A Pro!

When the Huskies lost to OS Montana (backup QB) started the game and was bad. Dawgs cover 9.5 and will have a lead sometime in the second half. Will they win, 38% chance.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Griffin is a stud, but Bear D? Huskie O can score. Keith Price is healthy again and Chris Polk should have a big game on the ground. Huskies have the firepower to trade points all night. I believe Baylor will win, but would not be surprised to see this game come down to the last possession or two. I'm taking the 9 1/2 and also like the over.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

The line scares me, as it seems Baylor should be -13 or -14, especially when they might be the biggest public play out of all the bowls. I think that we saw the line open at 10, drop to 9.5, then go back to 10, there's something fishy going on. -10 seems too easy here.

I am taking the RG3 angle though and expecting him to have a huge game to raise his NFL stock, and then hit the draft and skip his senior year. What better way to raise your value then just put on a clinic in the Alamo Bowl and then declare for the draft?

dondude
    dondude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3430

Rg3 will have a big game watch for Kendal wright to have a big game (has more yards than j Blackmon this season) also Terrance Williams has had some big games

DavieVegas
    DavieVegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Baylor destroyed Texas and Texas has a great defense. Even with baylors crappy d they beat them bad. What makes you guys think washington is any better??

AL1322
    AL1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

im looking good right now with +10 and ml..idk where the bears fans at lol...400 spread.200 ml be a nice 1k+ night if they hold on