bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

2006 Usc Football Breakdown

this years USC squad is still perty stacked again, and with that great recruiting class they have comming in this year should keep them in the top 10 once again this year. the trogans have starters comming back on the offense and 6 returning on the defense.

QB John Booty should get the job after that off feild run in with the law won't be a problem with sanchez. the problem he's going to have this year is the inexperience as a starter that will be the problem.

even though both bush and white have left for the NFL, don't think they will be any let downs on the running back front. RB chauncey washington is more than capable of picking up that slack of both those former USC back field stars.

the trogans defense played great last year even with there young secondary, and with that secondary having expereince this year, there not going to miss a beat at all. not to mention there sack specialiest Jr. lawerence jackson returns once again to help anchor this squad.

heres the Trogan's 2006 schedule:

Sat 09/02/06 Arkansas Fayetteville, Ark.
    Sat 09/16/06 Nebraska L.A. Coliseum
    Sat 09/23/06 Arizona Tucson, Ariz.
    Sat 09/30/06 Washington State Pullman, Wash.
    Sat 10/07/06 Washington L.A. Coliseum
    Sat 10/14/06 Arizona State L.A. Coliseum
    Sat 10/28/06 Oregon State Corvallis, Ore.
    Sat 11/04/06 Stanford Palo Alto, Calif.
    Sat 11/11/06 Oregon (Homecoming) L.A. Coliseum
    Sat 11/18/06 California L.A. Coliseum
    Sat 11/25/06 Notre Dame L.A. Coliseum
    Sat 12/02/06 UCLA Pasadena, Calif.
    my projection is the trogan's will go 10-2

bigboydan

i wonder what that spread for that USC/Arkansas game will be. after USC scored 70 points on them last year i figured it's gonna be quite higher than i'd expect.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    i wonder what that spread for that USC/Arkansas game will be. after USC scored 70 points on them last year i figured it's gonna be quite higher than i'd expect.
    Last time I checked USC lost a few key players, so I doubt it's goes higher than last year.

bigboydan

the trogans are a very deep team this year. besides, it's the razorback were getting like 38 points last year at USC. so i doubt it will be that high since there playing at fayetteville.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Depth is great but when you have to replace the skill players they lost...it won't be that easy.

bigboydan

USC player tested positive for steroids

LOS ANGELES (AP) -Southern California defensive back Brandon Ting, whose father reportedly testified in the Barry Bonds case, tested positive for steroids before his surprise decision to leave the team last week, the Los Angeles Times said Wednesday.

The newspaper, citing unidentified sources, said Trojans coach Pete Carroll declined to comment about the allegation.

A message left for Carroll by The Associated Press on Wednesday was not immediately returned. Tim Tessalone, USC's sports information director, declined to comment on the report.

No telephone listing for Ting was found in Los Angeles and he did not immediately respond to an e-mail seeking comment.

NCAA rules bar athletes who test positive for banned drugs from playing.

Ting's father, Arthur Ting, is an orthopedic surgeon in the San Francisco area who has operated on several professional athletes, including Bonds. The San Francisco Chronicle reported last month that Ting testified in the perjury investigation of Bonds - who had denied knowingly taking steroids - and turned over his medical records on the player.

A call left at Ting's office was not immediately returned.

Brandon and his identical twin, Ryan, are seniors who played mainly as backups and on special teams with the Trojans last season. On Friday, less than a week before the reporting date for training camp, the school said the brothers had decided to give up football to concentrate on a post-baccalaureate program to prepare for medical school.

``We realized it was in our best interests to end our playing careers. We realized we couldn't balance both if we want to be serious about med school,'' Ryan Ting said in the statement.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think USC will have a legit shot at winning it all again...