Thunders77
    Thunders77's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is Clemson Done?

Where is Sammy Watkins and all of these explosive offensive players at?
    VA Tech looks pretty solid to cover the touchdown they are laying, anybody think Clemson has any chance?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Clemson is dogshit on the road. Been that way for quite a while. And their coach is dogshit also. Most talented offense in th ACC, but their idiot coach can not get it going on the road.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Thunders77 View Post
    Where is Sammy Watkins and all of these explosive offensive players at?
    VA Tech looks pretty solid to cover the touchdown they are laying, anybody think Clemson has any chance?
    what is the total? I think Clemson ML might be worth at shot. V-tech is the most overrated team in the country

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

5dimes says Clemson at home - I'm guessing this is a neutral site type thing?

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Clemson doesn't have problems on the road, and this isn't really a road game anyway.

The problem is the offensive line. They're soft. And there are problems on the defensive side of the ball as well. At the same time, Virginia Tech is vastly overrated. I hate to say it, but I think the Hokies probably will cover.

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

Clemson has been falling and I can't see them bouncing back now against VT, even though I do agree VT is a little overrated. But I actually feel -7 1/2 is too low and VT will easily cover.

bsutphi
    bsutphi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 317

The game will be played in Charlotte, 2 hours away from Clemson. It's not what I would call a true road game for the Tigers. There will be plenty more Clemson fans than V. Tech fans IMO. Clemson does traditionally suck on the road, but they beat V. Tech 20-3 on the road in Blacksburg earlier this year. I won't bet the game because I am a Clemson fan, but I just though I'd let you guys know to clear up some of the bull shit misinformation some people are posting.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

dont know about the 7 but you would have to be a fool to lay any money on clemson at this point. two teams moving in complete opposite directions!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

i don't know why you would be a fool to lay money on clemson they are talented group. Clearly they have had a rough stretch but they are talented.

Sammy Watkins is still fast as hell they just need to get him the ball. Clemson should score a bunch of points but Clemsons defense is horrible I think both teams put a bunch of points. The best play here is the over 52.5

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

another reason not to sell clemson short is they still have a TON to play for. A win here and they are in a BCS bowl game with a trip to Miami. Alll is not lost for Clemson and should not be hard for Dabo to rally the troops

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

realisticly for Clemson they could be undefeated right now and they would still be playing for a trip to the Orange bowl. There is no way in hell an undefeated team would make the national title game over a 1 loss SEC team.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9522

Boyd was playing way over his head the first half of the season. He's not that good and defenses have figured out the Clemson offense. And their defense is terrible.

They might play better here, but if they are favored in a bowl game, I'd go against them for sure.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    Clemson doesn't have problems on the road
    8-3

All three losses on the road

Should be 4 losses, if not for Sammy Watkins going crazy in that Maryland(ROAD) game.

bartman
    bartman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Clemson really hasnt played well since mid october when they beat UNC......... at home

Boxer300
    Boxer300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Quote Originally Posted by bsutphi View Post
    The game will be played in Charlotte, 2 hours away from Clemson. It's not what I would call a true road game for the Tigers. There will be plenty more Clemson fans than V. Tech fans IMO. Clemson does traditionally suck on the road, but they beat V. Tech 20-3 on the road in Blacksburg earlier this year. I won't bet the game because I am a Clemson fan, but I just though I'd let you guys know to clear up some of the bull shit misinformation some people are posting.
    It's true the game is closer to Clemson, but I don't think there will be that many more Clemson fans than Va Tech fans going to the game. I have many Clemson friends who went to the ACC Title game before, but they won't be going this year. They are expecting to be pounded by Va Tech. The Clemson fan base is really down right now. Va Tech is overrated, but I expect them to cover. Clemson's O-line is there biggest problem right now as a previous poster said and their D hasn't been good all year. Until the O-line problems are fixed Clemson will struggle to score. I actually think this game could go under.

M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    8-3

All three losses on the road

Should be 4 losses, if not for Sammy Watkins going crazy in that Maryland(ROAD) game.
    That has nothing to do with Clemson being bad on the road. The Georgia Tech game was a very tough spot, and it's just a coincidence that the other two losses were on the road.

M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer300 View Post
    It's true the game is closer to Clemson, but I don't think there will be that many more Clemson fans than Va Tech fans going to the game. I have many Clemson friends who went to the ACC Title game before, but they won't be going this year. They are expecting to be pounded by Va Tech. The Clemson fan base is really down right now. Va Tech is overrated, but I expect them to cover. Clemson's O-line is there biggest problem right now as a previous poster said and their D hasn't been good all year. Until the O-line problems are fixed Clemson will struggle to score. I actually think this game could go under.
    Clemson fans started buying tickets 6 weeks ago, and they ended up with most of the tickets that were available to the general public. However, a lot of Clemson fans are trying to unload their tickets now.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

i think clemson wins straight up

bartman
    bartman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Bear, why do you feel that way........... weather is getting colder, Clemson has been hibernating, just like you know....... bears!

M.W.

No way you can bet Clemson in this one unless you KNOW that Phillip Price will be playing. Even then, Virginia Tech probably still covers. Clemson is a train wreck right now. The DC says he's "in a submarine", and he only surfaces to blast the fans who criticize him.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    That has nothing to do with Clemson being bad on the road. The Georgia Tech game was a very tough spot, and it's just a coincidence that the other two losses were on the road.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Clemson ML might be worth at shot. V-tech is the most overrated team in the country

caseyking2
    Clemson Tigers!!
    caseyking2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

Sammy is supposed to be 100% by gametime. I've been listening the Clemson station 104.9 and some fans are looking to unload their tickets at this moment. It has been very very tough to watch them these past few games but I'll still be in Charlotte cheering on my tigers. I'm hoping the Clemson that was 8-0 shows up in Charlotte

Cobra07751
    Cobra07751's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clemson's running game (do not have one) is why VA Tech will win and cover. Va Tech was embarrassed at home and want revenge. Boyd had 78 yards passing against SC last week. Boyd has been hit so many times because of that O-line.

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    what is the total? I think Clemson ML might be worth at shot. V-tech is the most overrated team in the country
    .....Do you seem them play?

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10524

they realy havent played anyone and had to come from behind big time in 3 or 4 of the wins ,

Retrospect
    Retrospect's Avatar Become A Pro!

clemson is plagued with injury and its hard to take them

M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    they realy havent played anyone and had to come from behind big time in 3 or 4 of the wins ,
    When did Virginia Tech have to come from behind?

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think he was talking about Clemson.

cyptomcat
    cyptomcat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 213

Clemson got destroyed by USC in 2009 only to come back and play a close game against Georgia Tech. Clemson started the season pretty well, so I expect most of the Charlotte tickets were bought by Clemson fans. It should feel like home.

M.W.

Clemson was looking ahead to the ACCCG in 2009 when they lost to USC, so it was to be expected they'd play better against Georgia Tech. After losing the previous two to the Cocks, it's doubtful there was any lookahead this year. So don't expect any kind of bounceback like in 2009.
    Last edited by M.W.; 12-01-11 at 08:16 PM.

M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by ncsubowen View Post
    I think he was talking about Clemson.
    He said they hadn't played anyone, which would make you think he was talking about Virginia Tech. South Carolina and Florida State are the two best teams either team has faced, and Clemson was the team that played both of them. The third best team either team played was Virginia Tech, and obviously that was a Clemson opponent as well.