thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Saban losing twice in the same season to Les Nessman is what you need to be looking at

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by CBASS View Post
    Agreed. I will say this, Lee is going to have to play a considerable amount of time for LSU to win. He doesn't have to play mistake free necessarily, but he cannot turn the ball over in the red zone. LSU will need his passing game to be effective for them to win. Tigers cannot afford to put the game squarely on Jefferson's shoulders by running the option with a play action pass mixed in. Bama will be more than ready for the option game this time around.
    You overlooked the fact that Alabama still won't score.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    Saban losing twice in the same season to Les Nessman is what you need to be looking at

The players have covered up Les's deficiencies many times.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

i look beyond the players and all the numbers in situations like this. i trust saban more than i do less nessman. i just feel he will be more prepared, team more focused, and will be seeking revenge in this spot. i am also assuming lsu wins vs georgia, bama gets a second chance even though maybe they shouldn't if okie state wins big. trust me, i don't like the bama qb vs lsu defense but i just feel bama wins. it is my gut feeling and i don't love the game, it is tough for sure.
    Last edited by thebestthereis; 12-01-11 at 10:50 AM.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

i look beyond the players and all the numbers in situations like this. i trust saban more than i do less nessman. i just feel he will be more prepared, team more focused, and will be seeking revenge in this spot. i am also assuming lsu wins vs georgia, bama gets a second chance even though maybe they shouldn't if okie state wins big. trust me, i don't like the bama qb vs lsu defense but i just feel bama wins. it is my gut feeling and i don't love the game, it is tough for sure.
    Problem is, Saban's about the tightest guy in the world and his players are tight accordingly. He's at his best, and so is his team, when he has talented kids around him who overcome his white-knuckle coaching with sheer talent and experience.

I'm not sure if they have enough of either this year.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Problem is, Saban's about the tightest guy in the world and his players are tight accordingly. He's at his best, and so is his team, when he has talented kids around him who overcome his white-knuckle coaching with sheer talent and experience.

I'm not sure if they have enough of either this year.

Boy, you said a mouthful. So right.

Saban is not close to the best coach in college. He does an exellent job of recruting (maybe the best) He also does a great job of practicing and preparing his teams to play. They are very well coached and rarely blow an assignment. But, when it comes to playing against a team with equal talent he usually doesn't fare well because he is way to conservative. Saban gets ahead and tries to "manage" the game or "manage" a win by running the ball up the middle and punting.

Did you watch the ALA vs AUB game... Bama is so much better but Saban's conservative style kept Auburn around until Alabama wore them down. Auburn had no answers for the passing game an AJ Mccarren had a big 1H and did really nothing in the 2H because he elected to run,run,run the football.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Boy, you said a mouthful. So right.

Saban is not close to the best coach in college. He does an exellent job of recruting (maybe the best) He also does a great job of practicing and preparing his teams to play. They are very well coached and rarely blow an assignment. But, when it comes to playing against a team with equal talent he usually doesn't fare well because he is way to conservative. Saban gets ahead and tries to "manage" the game or "manage" a win by running the ball up the middle and punting.

Did you watch the ALA vs AUB game... Bama is so much better but Saban's conservative style kept Auburn around until Alabama wore them down. Auburn had no answers for the passing game an AJ Mccarren had a big 1H and did really nothing in the 2H because he elected to run,run,run the football.
    Exactly.

Look at Saban's track record at Michigan State. He NEVER coached them up or had them as consistent as they could have been. They were constantly blowing late leads and not finishing up games they supposedly had in the bag.

For instance, I look at Saban and Gene Chizik in one light and Mark Dantonio and Paul Rhoads in another. The former are considered "great" coaches as long as they have great players around them. The latter does a much better job of coaching up the kids they have and overachieving.

Why is the better coach? I guess that depends on your perspective. I think it's Dantonio and Rhoads, even if Saban and Chizik are the ones getting the headlines. But to each his own.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by dontazeme1 View Post
    lol thatd be funny as hell if u lost, thinkin all year u had it in the bank

It'd be funny as hell if Sandusky let you spend the night in his basement again.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

The funny thing about your reasoning is that all those points you made actually describe Miles moreso than Saban. And as far as the 'revenge' thing, we all know how that turned out. That will be the logic of the betting masses and it will lead them straight to the slaughter.

Miles' teams in big games are always more focused and play at a much higher level when people doubt them (ie..LSU can't beat Bama twice..). Trusting Saban here is fine, because it is your opinion. The problem is, the media plays Saban up like he is a coaching God, but he has several flaws as well that go unmentioned. There is no way one can feel comfortable 'fading' LSU in the Superdome. Beyond risky IMO. You also seem to realize that it will be a tall order for McCarron to play well under the given circumstances this time around. I think you know what your gut is really telling you. Don't fall for the okie doke. GL to you.

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Exactly.

Look at Saban's track record at Michigan State. He NEVER coached them up or had them as consistent as they could have been. They were constantly blowing late leads and not finishing up games they supposedly had in the bag.

For instance, I look at Saban and Gene Chizik in one light and Mark Dantonio and Paul Rhoads in another. The former are considered "great" coaches as long as they have great players around them. The latter does a much better job of coaching up the kids they have and overachieving.

Why is the better coach? I guess that depends on your perspective. I think it's Dantonio and Rhoads, even if Saban and Chizik are the ones getting the headlines. But to each his own.

Don't get me wrong I would take Saban any day of the week over most because he does run an awesome program and he gets results but it has been proven that other coaches that can recruit at his level and resemble the same amount of talent Alabama puts out they beat him. He restricts his athletes best performances by holding them back. He also tries to take there "blackness" away and does not allow them to be themselves. He takes the fun out of the game and teaches those players to act like robots and that is the difference between LSU (Miles) Alabama (Saban) Miles lets his players WIN the game and let's them be who they are. Alabama has a team full of "football" players and LSU has "playmakers" with just as much if not more talent and depth.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

LSU all in, they are way too good.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

major disrespect for Saban here

last big game no one gave Saban a chance was in 09 SEC title game vs. Florida (Bama +4.5)

Untouchable Florida got cleaned out 32-13. Tebow cried like a baby in his last SEC game, Meyer ran his fingers through his hair as he stood in disbelief

Saban got his revenge that game for the year prior when Florida ruined #1 Bama's 12-0 season

Couldn't draw up a more pefect parallel

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    major disrespect for Saban here

last big game no one gave Saban a chance was in 09 SEC title game vs. Florida (Bama +4.5)

Untouchable Florida got cleaned out 32-13. Tebow cried like a baby in his last SEC game, Meyer ran his fingers through his hair as he stood in disbelief

Saban got his revenge that game for the year prior when Florida ruined #1 Bama's 12-0 season

Couldn't draw up a more pefect parallel

The parallel you make is actually more fitting for Miles. They are giving Saban the trophy already. It is Miles that they are doubting.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

LSU would be the play against anyone other than Saban
    x2....gun to my head I'm on LSU though, small action play for me depending on final line mov't, should be a hell of a game though

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

BAMA ML ROll TIDE!!!!!!!!

lyon804

Sunde,

You are a sharp fella. I happend to be at the Georgia Dome Dec 5 2009 and did not even bother to take the points. I knew who the better team was that year. Actually Alabama was better the previous year but Tebow "tebowed" Alabama in the 4Q by doing what he does. In all honesty the 2011 LSU Tigers is a good bit better than Florida was in 2009. The only way Bama beats LSU is if Saban gets outside himself and allows the offense to be very agressive and take some chances. LSU is to good to play straight up and rely on defense because LSU will ultimately win the field posistion battle and execute on special teams... FFS Alabama's PK not only can't make a field goal but he can't even kick the ball in the endzone on kickoffs, which will allow LSU to start at minumum 30 yrd line every time. Not to mention Alabama kick coverage is weak at best. LSU's punter happens to be a good bit better than Alabama's as well. LSU also gets more turnover's than Alabama. The one advantage Alabama has is if they are allowed to be agressive than can score on LSU, but they will have to take some chances and throw the ball.

Sunde91

+3 5D now. down at pinn

Easy to be enamoured with LSU's trickery and playmaking, but the only team it didn't work against was Bama

LSU might have the best special teams of all time, will need to be huge. Bama has the better chance to move the ball on O than LSU

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

There really is no edge in this game...

Two great teams, gonna come down to a big play, turnover, penalty, or missed kick...

When you learn how to predict this, let me know...

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

like the last time they played i will most likely take the points as these 2 teams are equal in my eyes... hopefully bama will get 3.5 by game time

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by testertips View Post
    like the last time they played i will most likely take the points as these 2 teams are equal in my eyes... hopefully bama will get 3.5 by game time

+1

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

Just watch and enjoy this game. Don't let a wager ruin it for you.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

It might sound square, but I would still bet the Under. Both teams will still have great trouble moving the ball and we already know Alabama can't kick fg's.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

+3 5D now. down at pinn

Easy to be enamoured with LSU's trickery and playmaking, but the only team it didn't work against was Bama

LSU might have the best special teams of all time, will need to be huge. Bama has the better chance to move the ball on O than LSU

LSU didn't use any trickery against Bama. However, the Tide used some against LSU and you're correct..it didn't work. As for the playmaking, LSU made several big plays in that game. A blocked fg comes to mind and a badass goal line int.

I agree with LSU having great special teams. Their kickers are phenomenal. Not to mention, their return game with Claiborne, Beckham, and Mathieu (Honey Badger).
    I would also agree about Bama having the better chance to move the ball on O, except for one thing:
    McCarron is still inexperienced and will be starting in essentially an SEC road game. The Superdome will be very loud and LSU's D will cause him to make the same mistakes as the last game, if not more.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by aggieshawn View Post
    Just watch and enjoy this game. Don't let a wager ruin it for you.
    That is oxymoronic for me. (translation: I rarely watch games UNLESS I have a reason to). If I have no action on this game but there is some CBB game going on at the same time that i do have action on, I'll be watching my money.

LT Profits

That said, I do like LSU so I will be watching.

Sunde91

major disrespect for Saban here last big game no one gave Saban a chance was in 09 SEC title game vs. Florida (Bama +4.5) Untouchable Florida got cleaned out 32-13. Tebow cried like a baby in his last SEC game, Meyer ran his fingers through his hair as he stood in disbelief Saban got his revenge that game for the year prior when Florida ruined #1 Bama's 12-0 season Couldn't draw up a more pefect parallel
    13-0 2nd half that game. 12-0 here. really wish I checked the 2h score of that game before doubting Saban's revenge over a clown like Miles

Saban is a top 3 coach of all time and all doubters are hereby buried forever

First 12