sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    Oklahoma State is a shitty team.. No chance in hell they will be in the NC game.. They got beaten by an UNRANKED team.. for fukks sakes, that ends the argument here..
    give me a break. they got beat on the road...a day after 2 coaches died in a plane crash. i don't like excuses, so let's just exclude ostate...even tho they will win their conference which bama couldn't do. give me va tech all day instead of a weak ass bama team who couldn't score on this d at home. you guys ******* lost already...AT HOME FOR FUKKS SAKES...that ends the arguement right here..

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by BigTenSports View Post
    Oklahoma State has 2 games left don't they? Oklahoma and then the Big 12 champ.

They could jump if they play great those 2 games.
    There is no big 12 champ game this yr...

BigTenSports
    BigTenSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Djstucky View Post
    There is no big 12 champ game this yr...

Damn, out of the loop there. Guess it makes sense, it is too late to fit another 2 games in.

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by BigTenSports View Post
    Damn, out of the loop there. Guess it makes sense, it is too late to fit another 2 games in.
    I think ou will take out osu anyway...lsu and bama it is...

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    give me a break. they got beat on the road...a day after 2 coaches died in a plane crash. i don't like excuses, so let's just exclude ostate...even tho they will win their conference which bama couldn't do. give me va tech all day instead of a weak ass bama team who couldn't score on this d at home. you guys ******* lost already...AT HOME FOR FUKKS SAKES...that ends the arguement right here..
    On the bright side...your season ends this weekend so it gives you a quicker start at cryin' all that anger out pal. If you had lost to Oklahoma....voters would have given your team a shot still...but Iowa State??? Sooner Scooner will roll the Cowboys this weekend anyway...35-24 OU.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    On the bright side...your season ends this weekend so it gives you a quicker start at cryin' all that anger out pal. If you had lost to Oklahoma....voters would have given your team a shot still...but Iowa State??? Sooner Scooner will roll the Cowboys this weekend anyway...35-24 OU.

did you even read my post smart guy? it was actually an arguement for va tech...not ostate. i am not angry about anything...and i don't care if ostate goes to the nc or not. proud of our program for taking another step foward this season...and a win over ou and a bcs bowl will be huge for us. what i am saying is that bama does not belong in the nc game...it was proven on their own field. you guys will get the shit kicked out of you on a neutral field...and not many outside of sec homerland want to see it. 28-3 lsu...and a promise that bama will have more excuses after this game as to why they should play this game AGAIN...lol.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

it's not a tv show, it's the two best teams. i don't live in sec land and can't wait to see it. everyone knows the best college football is in the sec. i don't want to see LSU beat up on some little sympathy school

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good. A team that can't beat Iowa state shouldn't sniff the national championship game. Best 2 teams are obviously Alabama and lsu, no reason not to have a rematch.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

did you even read my post smart guy? it was actually an arguement for va tech...not ostate. i am not angry about anything...and i don't care if ostate goes to the nc or not. proud of our program for taking another step foward this season...and a win over ou and a bcs bowl will be huge for us. what i am saying is that bama does not belong in the nc game...it was proven on their own field. you guys will get the shit kicked out of you on a neutral field...and not many outside of sec homerland want to see it. 28-3 lsu...and a promise that bama will have more excuses after this game as to why they should play this game AGAIN...lol.
    I am not a homer to either team, and I want to see the rematch. Why shouldn't there be one? There's not an argument for anyone else. Virginia tech or Oklahoma state would get blown out and everyone knows it, which is why there will be a rematch. Also lol at thinking lsu will blow out Alabama, you have to be joking. Will be a battle like the last one

sandman0713

ccc
    Last edited by sandman0713; 11-28-11 at 03:20 AM.

sandman0713

ccc
    Last edited by sandman0713; 11-28-11 at 03:20 AM.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

OSU will have beaten 7 teams that have been ranked in the top 25 this season if they get by the Sooners. 4 of which have been ranked in the top 10. (5 of these teams are currently in the BCS top 25)

Alabama has beaten 4 teams that have been ranked in the top 25 this season. 1 that has been ranked in the top 10. (2 of these teams are currently in the BCS top 25)

Alabama is getting way too much credit over OSU.
    Last edited by Romocide; 11-28-11 at 03:24 AM.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post
    OSU will have beaten 7 teams that have been ranked in the top 25 this season if they get by the Sooners. 3 of which have been ranked in the top 10. (5 of these teams are currently in the BCS top 25)

Alabama has beaten 4 teams that have been ranked in the top 25 this season. None that have been ranked in the top 10. (2 of these teams are currently in the BCS top 25)

Alabama is getting way too much credit over OSU.
    yeah man...that is what these homers choose to ignore. bama has really done nothing this year worthy of the hype they get. lsu is clearly the best team in the country...tho many feel bama is only the 3rd best team in the sec. look at who bama has actually beaten this year and you will understand there is plenty of room for debate. i feel ostate, va tech, and stanford would all have a good chance to beat bama in a bcs game. sad all we get to see is lsu beat their ass again tho. 28-3 lsu in the weakest nc game to date. lsu is the sec.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

I completely agree man. Penn St., Florida, Auburn, and Arkansas is not very impressive to me. I could see unranked Texas A&M beating each of the 1st three, had they been scheduled. So big deal that the #2 team in the country did. Arkansas is overrated.

I'm not saying Bama is not a good team, because they are. They're just not the epic team that only LSU can slay, like everyone makes them out to be. OSU, V. Tech, and Stanford are all capable of beating them.

I'd much prefer seeing the LSU D vs. the OSU offense. Or seeing if Andrew Luck can have a legendary game against that elite defense.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post
    I completely agree man. Penn St., Florida, Auburn, and Arkansas is not very impressive to me. I could see unranked Texas A&M beating each of the 1st three, had they been scheduled. So big deal that the #2 team in the country did. Arkansas is overrated.

I'm not saying Bama is not a good team, because they are. They're just not the epic team that only LSU can slay, like everyone makes them out to be. OSU, V. Tech, and Stanford are all capable of beating them.

I'd much prefer seeing the LSU D vs. the OSU offense. Or seeing if Andrew Luck can have a legendary game against that elite defense.
    i think va tech or stanford are better suited to compete with lsu than my boys are. i have no doubts about ostate scoring 28+ on lsu, but we just don't have the athletes on d to make it a game. you are right too...bama is good. va tech and stanford are just as good tho as bama imo...and i feel either would have just as good of a shot as bama, if not better. if va tech wins the acc then they have the right to go play lsu...but it won't happen. one of two things WILL happen...

1. lsu will beat bama again on a neutral field. everyone will say in hindsight what a joke it was so and so didn't get a chance...and this is the most likely of the 2 by far.

2. in the off chance that bama does win, we have no true national champ. people will say lsu won AT bama, but bama won on a neutral field...a wash at best for bama. there will be thousands of barfights in the south over the next 100 years or so about who was really better in 2011-2012...while everyone not from the south will just laugh at the joke the bcs has become.

sandman0713

i think va tech or stanford are better suited to compete with lsu than my boys are. i have no doubts about ostate scoring 28+ on lsu, but we just don't have the athletes on d to make it a game. you are right too...bama is good. va tech and stanford are just as good tho as bama imo...and i feel either would have just as good of a shot as bama, if not better. if va tech wins the acc then they have the right to go play lsu...but it won't happen. one of two things WILL happen...

1. lsu will beat bama again on a neutral field. everyone will say in hindsight what a joke it was so and so didn't get a chance...and this is the most likely of the 2 by far.

2. in the off chance that bama does win, we have no true national champ. people will say lsu won AT bama, but bama won on a neutral field...a wash at best for bama. there will be thousands of barfights in the south over the next 100 years or so about who was really better in 2011-2012...while everyone not from the south will just laugh at the joke the bcs has become.

what will really be great is if georgia drops lsu in the sec championship. then we will have the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the sec playing for a national championship...lol. even boise could talk smack then...they beat down georgia this year. that is the best case for all the people like me who are hoping for a playoff...tho it seems unlikely. money is destroying college football in so many ways.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

V-tech should not even be in the top 15 they lost at home to clemson 23-3 and their biggest win? Against Virginia?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

I profit every year by fading whichever ACC team plays in the Orange bowl.

Oklahoma state is probabaly more deserving for the national title than Bama but the media loves the SEC and Bama has more fans than OKstate

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I profit every year by fading whichever ACC team plays in the Orange bowl.

Oklahoma state is probabaly more deserving for the national title than Bama but the media loves the SEC and Bama has more fans than OKstate

my last post in here because nothing will change, and i am fine with my boys just making it to a bcs game for the first time. your statement says it all tho man...how espn and money have corrupted college sports. we will never know in truth who is the 2-5 best teams in the country...tho i am pretty certain on 1...unless we line up and play against each other. all the people calling the shots tho don't give a shit who the best team is...just as long as people fill the stadium and watch on tv. this is the reason boys can be abused the way they are and it will be covered up by a school...or schools now it seems...millions and millions of dollars ride on the success and perception of the football or basketball program. money brings greed and corruption. anyways...later guys. not really interested in fighting with all the sec people. it is pointless and could go on forever with no result either way. just remember everyone is entitled to an opinion...and that opinion is largely shaped by what part of the country you live in and who you watch play every week.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

if oklahoma state beats oklahoma in a blowout they are in the championship i think. they will get their chance to show what they can do against a top 10 team on Saturday. it may hurt Bama having the weekend off

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

You really think they would put OSU in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME? Like I said "put!!" It's a business! Look back at all the teams who have ever been in the BCS Championship game - they are all football factories. And while Oregon may not be a football powerhouse they have the backing of Phil Knight.

P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

give me va tech all day instead of a weak ass bama team who couldn't score on this d at home.

ALL creditability (if he had any) of sandman0713 has evaporated into nothingness with that statement

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by P.F.Kasooff View Post
    ALL creditability (if he had any) of sandman0713 has evaporated into nothingness with that statement
    Granted it's been the last couple years...but hasn't Va Tech played BOTH LSU and Bama and gotten creamed each time?

This year's debate is simple....OK State is a really good team....best in the Big 12 I think...but they are not on the level of either Bama or LSU. They struggled twice against inferior teams AND lost to Iowa State? Bama and LSU could easily run up 40+ point margins against their entire schedules....but they have both sat in the top spots all year so they do enough to show it...then let off the gas out of mercy. Imagine if Saban put Trent in the entire game? We've ran Fowler, our 3rd stringer plenty this year.

I'll be glad to watch Bama v LSU for the big one....Va Tech v Oregon/Stanford....and entertainment with Okla St v Houston assuming Houston beats a 10-2 Southern Miss team and Cowboys can beat the Sooners in Bedlam.

Either way....the BCS has succeeded this year.....the best of the best will face off again to settle it.

P.F.Kasooff

Granted it's been the last couple years...but hasn't Va Tech played BOTH LSU and Bama and gotten creamed each time?

What do you think the line would be for Bama & Va Tech in a bowl this yr? Bama -14 1/2 perhaps

sandman0713

oh no!!!...what will i ever do without my forum-cred? bama has done nothing more this season than any other team in the top 5...actually less maybe. the sec schedule is usually brutal, but bama had it pretty easy man. look at the schedule before you start talking. bottom half of the conference is pretty weak this year...and bama missed out on georgia and south carolina this year. add to that games against n texas, kent state, and a d-2 team...not such a tough schedule. lsu is the best team in the nation, but bama is just a top 10 team who has done nothing more than most others in the top 10...and they will slide into the nc based on the perception of the sec, the wins of lsu instead of their own, and a game they lost at home. no need to argue with you tho. you have started like 8 or 9 threads with just about this exact same title. you are obviously about to jizz all over yourself in anticipation of the next bama beatdown by lsu.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    They can't put Ok St in with that offense because they would actually exploit an SEC defense and all the SECers would have nothing to rumble on about how great that conference is.... when in reality the offenses in the SEC are beyond pathetic, making the defenses seem invincible... don't get me wrong the SEC has some good defensive clubs but not as good as all the people that blow that conference every chance they get.
    Yep, oregon was too good last year, texas the year before, ohio state before that,,, the list goes on and on.
    Three words for you.

Iowa Fukking State.

P.F.Kasooff

sandman0713 only an idiot would say Bama is a weak ass team in any context

sandman0713

This year's debate is simple....OK State is a really good team....best in the Big 12 I think...but they are not on the level of either Bama or LSU. They struggled twice against inferior teams AND lost to Iowa State? Bama and LSU could easily run up 40+ point margins against their entire schedules....but they have both sat in the top spots all year so they do enough to show it...then let off the gas out of mercy. Imagine if Saban put Trent in the entire game? We've ran Fowler, our 3rd stringer plenty this year.

I'll be glad to watch Bama v LSU for the big one....Va Tech v Oregon/Stanford....and entertainment with Okla St v Houston assuming Houston beats a 10-2 Southern Miss team and Cowboys can beat the Sooners in Bedlam.

Either way....the BCS has succeeded this year.....the best of the best will face off again to settle it.
    dude get off. bama is getting beatdown again...end of story. it was settled on your own field when you lost. nothing you can do at a neutral site will convince anyone outside of bama you deserve the nc title. the most you can hope for is a push that will be debated forever...BECAUSE THEY ALREADY BEAT YOU AT YOUR HOUSE. THEY CAME INTO YOUR HOUSE AND SLAPPED YOUR MOM AND KICKED YOUR ******* DOG AND LEFT WITHOUT A FIGHT...already settled.

BigTenSports
    BigTenSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

dude get off. bama is getting beatdown again...end of story. it was settled on your own field when you lost. nothing you can do at a neutral site will convince anyone outside of bama you deserve the nc title. the most you can hope for is a push that will be debated forever...BECAUSE THEY ALREADY BEAT YOU AT YOUR HOUSE. THEY CAME INTO YOUR HOUSE AND SLAPPED YOUR MOM AND KICKED YOUR ******* DOG AND LEFT WITHOUT A FIGHT...already settled.
    I think Alabama outplayed LSU in that game in all honesty...

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

The BCS is outside of Bama and they think bama is deserving. I guess that is why they get paid the big bucks and you and I work for bread crumbs compared to them.

sandman0713

sandman0713 only an idiot would say Bama is a weak ass team in any context
    yes, i am an idiot because i don't agree with you. that is usually the comeback of an sec homer. anyone who doesn't see their point and would like to see it actually played out on the field must be an idiot. bama is the best d in the nation maybe...but a weak o makes them beatable. oregon, miss state, w virginia, kentucky, florida, tenn, auburn, w kentunky, and arkansas all scored as much or more than bama did against the lsu d. they have no chance to beat lsu at a neutral site. last post because i will never win.

P.F.Kasooff

yes, i am an idiot because i don't agree with you.

you are blinded or as stated , an idiot

you dont agree with USA Poll, AP poll, BCS poll and most of the betting public - got nothing to do with my assessment of Bama

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

LSU won...correct. But it was hardly a beatdown...Bama didn't execute on several aspects...FGs and the OT drops....but at end of the day you're right we lost. Listen to any of the pressers with players on both teams....they BOTH agree this one isn't settled...even LSU which is notorious for being assholes...players and fans....want the rematch to make it clear.

I'm not whining about it...and if we lose again in regulation or OT whatever....LSU gets 1000% of my respect and notice.

That said....I'm sure we're all interested to hear your argument for Va Tech laid out...since THEY lost AT HOME by 20 points to Clemson.....who they now get this weekend again. You're so gung ho that Va Tech after losing at home to a Clemson deserves more of a shot than Bama? Please elaborate

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

What do you think the line would be for Bama & Va Tech in a bowl this yr? Bama -14 1/2 perhaps
    Easily

Watching ESPN this morning on the debate and they were discussing calling Vegas and how all the lines for LSU vs anyone other than Bama was -7.5 and higher. So voters are decided as well as the books....best matchup is who we are getting.

sandman0713

LSU won...correct. But it was hardly a beatdown...Bama didn't execute on several aspects...FGs and the OT drops....but at end of the day you're right we lost. Listen to any of the pressers with players on both teams....they BOTH agree this one isn't settled...even LSU which is notorious for being assholes...players and fans....want the rematch to make it clear.

I'm not whining about it...and if we lose again in regulation or OT whatever....LSU gets 1000% of my respect and notice.

That said....I'm sure we're all interested to hear your argument for Va Tech laid out...since THEY lost AT HOME by 20 points to Clemson.....who they now get this weekend again. You're so gung ho that Va Tech after losing at home to a Clemson deserves more of a shot than Bama? Please elaborate
    see here is the thing man...i don't hate bama. i used to pull for them a lot before i started reading this forum. not saying they don't deserve a shot...just saying this entitlement by the fans and media and the thought they deserve it more than the other one loss teams is pathetic. i feel the nc game should be limited to conference champ's...and there is no way 2 sec teams should ever square off in a bcs game. let's see the sec against the other conferences. yes you are prolly right they would beat down ostate or va tech...but i feel we need to see that every year at the end of the season to honestly know where the conferences are. this debate can go on 4ever sadly because there will be no example of what would actually happen if bama or lsu were to play the best of the rest. the reasons for va tech are clear man...they will have avenged their only loss and they will be a conference champ. if ostate wins they will be a conference champ with more top 10 and top 25 wins than bama. not saying bama is not worthy of the nc...just no more worthy than the other one loss teams. i don't really care tho man...just a game. anytime you speak anything against the sec tho you have all these homers attacking you and calling you an idiot. people have a right to an opinion, and mine is always backed up with reasoning in my posts...regardless of if i am right or wrong.

First 12345 ... Last