John Ryan
    John Ryan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3250

Texas versus Texas A&M with John Ryan

This will be the featured thread for this game. Initially, will Texas be able to move the ball against a very weak A&M secondary? Will the Aggies Gray be able to play? Is this more gamesmanship by head coach Sherman? Will a very stout Texas run defense dominate the line of scrimmage and give the Aggie offense fits? Let's discuss all fo this and more.

Believeland
    The Dude minds
    Believeland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 922

Nothing to discuss here A&M rolls

plc44
    plc44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 420

I like A&M too, but I'm biased. Scared to bet on my teams.

jakeloftin2186
    jakeloftin2186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1188

i live in austin and have seen both teams play....the big and i mean big difference is that A&M can stretch the field which will keep the LB's of texas on there toes the whole game....A&M has a pretty good run D as well only giving up 107 per game on the year...Texas is at 97 per game

This game is being played at the very loud and rowdy Kyle Field and it will be the last time these two teams meet for some time so know you the fans will be even more hyped for this game then any other game prolly in Kyle Field history. Kyle Field will be a factor with Texas youth.

A&M is getting back their number 1 CB in Judie who has been out or playing hurt for most of the year. Steven Terrell came back from injury last week playing his first game in quit some time and his impact was felt with an INT in the first half. But that doesnt matter because Texas passing game is as ugly as Mack Browns yellow teeth.

If Cyrus Gray plays on Thursday this game will be no brainer as I predict 31-13 type game....If he is a no go, which i think wont happen because thursday is senior nite and he is a senior, the game will be 17-13 type game.

The best play in this game will be the under but look first to see if Cyrus will play and if he does take both
    Points Awarded:

Dexter gave jakeloftin2186 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Believeland View Post
    Nothing to discuss here A&M rolls
    I like this!!! Rivalry lives large in America. I wonder what sort of responses I would get for the Iron Bowl? Laugh. There is a great ESPN documentary on the history of the Iron Bowl that is worth watching. I like your confidence. awesome.

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by jakeloftin2186 View Post
    i live in austin and have seen both teams play....the big and i mean big difference is that A&M can stretch the field which will keep the LB's of texas on there toes the whole game....A&M has a pretty good run D as well only giving up 107 per game on the year...Texas is at 97 per game

This game is being played at the very loud and rowdy Kyle Field and it will be the last time these two teams meet for some time so know you the fans will be even more hyped for this game then any other game prolly in Kyle Field history. Kyle Field will be a factor with Texas youth.

A&M is getting back their number 1 CB in Judie who has been out or playing hurt for most of the year. Steven Terrell came back from injury last week playing his first game in quit some time and his impact was felt with an INT in the first half. But that doesnt matter because Texas passing game is as ugly as Mack Browns yellow teeth.

If Cyrus Gray plays on Thursday this game will be no brainer as I predict 31-13 type game....If he is a no go, which i think wont happen because thursday is senior nite and he is a senior, the game will be 17-13 type game.

The best play in this game will be the under but look first to see if Cyrus will play and if he does take both
    Good research. wondering what you all think of the revenge factor from A&M knocking Texas out of bowl contention last year?

jakeloftin2186

None Texas is a totally different team this game is going to be about State bragging rights for the for seen future

Givemhell Horns
    Givemhell Horns's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you boys think the Aggies are going to roll this Texas D you are a bunch of fools. If the Horns are +1 in turnovers they will cover and +2 they will win the game. This defense is plain nasty.

John i said last week KSU would be lucky to score 14 and you strongly disagreed. KSU did score 17 but only had 121 yds. Not trying to blow smoke being a Longhorn fan because i also said KSU would cover. B&B are still not 100% but if Bergeron's hammy can come around watch out. With Brown's turf toe he will remain limited.

I honestly believe that if Gray doesn't play the Aggies will not score more than 17.

jakeloftin2186

An defense that has Blake gideon as a safety isn't nasty lol

Givemhell Horns

An defense that has Blake gideon as a safety isn't nasty lol
    It is a heck of a 10 man defense. You will never find a bigger liability than Gideon. Never wraps up and there is not a DB in all of CF that takes worst angles. The thing that irks Texas fans is that he carries himself like he's hot chit.

jakeloftin2186

Cuz he's a 4 year starter...I just don't see Texas scoring enough points to keep pace without a vertical passing game and like i stated above their run d is just as strong as Texas

gwills
    gwills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

Texas has a great Run D, all KState does is run the ball. Thats why they had success. A&M's offense is VERY well balanced. Texas will be on their toes the whole game.

Not to mention the 12th man...gonna kill Texas all game. A home field advantage that goes toe to toe with anyone's. Die hard Aggie fan here and I am not scared of Texas this year at all. We've had our struggles but should win easily.

Not betting as I don't pick my teams' games...but Aggies win by 20.

Givemhell Horns

Quote Originally Posted by gwills View Post
    Texas has a great Run D, all KState does is run the ball. Thats why they had success. A&M's offense is VERY well balanced. Texas will be on their toes the whole game.

Not to mention the 12th man...gonna kill Texas all game. A home field advantage that goes toe to toe with anyone's. Die hard Aggie fan here and I am not scared of Texas this year at all. We've had our struggles but should win easily.

Not betting as I don't pick my teams' games...but Aggies win by 20.
    more than 20? Bold talk from a fan of a program that has won ONE bowl game in 20 years and never had back to back bowl wins in school history. Not scared of the Horns? How about post the series record. Didn't realise it until reading the morning paper that in '84 was only the 4th win for TAM at DKR in 100 years of football. Crazy...

Givemhell Horns

Horns 75-37-5 all time. Also..just heard Shipley is a go for Thursday. He will not be 100% but he is going to give this O a much needed boost. McCoy to Shipley!

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

texas a&m as a favorite as a big favorite? Ill take the points in a rivalry game.

gwills

Quote Originally Posted by Givemhell Horns View Post

more than 20? Bold talk from a fan of a program that has won ONE bowl game in 20 years and never had back to back bowl wins in school history. Not scared of the Horns? How about post the series record. Didn't realise it until reading the morning paper that in '84 was only the 4th win for TAM at DKR in 100 years of football. Crazy...
    A&M has won 3 out of 5 and 13 out of 25. To be honest, thats all i care about! Could care less about the series record before my lifetime. Am in my twenties...

Not scared of Texas at home is darn right. You should know as well as i that my Aggies (little brother or not) get up BIG TIME at Kyle Field to play Texas. Who cares about DKR? This game is in College Station. Texas simply does not have the offense to keep up...It's that simple. Who will make a play? Honestly, who?

gwills

And the talk of bowl games is irrelevant as well because this isn't a bowl game....

So......

Saw 'em off. Enjoy the Big 12. Sure, we'll get it handed to us for a couple of years in the SEC, I'll admit it, but once things come together, I hope DeLoss will grow the balls to schedule A&M so our SEC defense can hold you to 10 points or less every year. It'll be beautiful...

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

KSU did score 17 but only had 121 yds.
    Really, really think about that statement. How in the hell could you put money on a team when their offense is so bad they can't overcome the opposing team getting only 121 total yards.

The Texas quarterbacks have regressed this year. The offense is banged up, and out of sync. I do not see either of these freshmen qb's walking into aggieland and having success. Texas D is really good this year, but not good enough to overcome the eventual turnovers.

Since the Ag's seem to fall apart in the second half, I think the bet here is for the 1h.

jakeloftin2186

McCoy to shipley??? Stop living in the past with colt and Jordan...your friend Bret musberger made them sound like faggets every time he did a longhorn game anywaz and if you truly know the history of the series u would know that in modern foootball era (1970) a&m actually holds the win lose record and that's even with Texas winning several straight in the early 2000's...Texas can't stretch the field everyone knows that...a&m will get after the qb like they have all season top 5 in sacks

Seaton420
    Seaton420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jake Ryan is on Texas! Yes!!!! time to fade away! 10 units on A&M

Seaton420
    Seaton420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry John Ryan it is. Stupid hillbillys with 2 1st names. like Ricky Bobby

Givemhell Horns

Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    Really, really think about that statement. How in the hell could you put money on a team when their offense is so bad they can't overcome the opposing team getting only 121 total yards.

The Texas quarterbacks have regressed this year. The offense is banged up, and out of sync. I do not see either of these freshmen qb's walking into aggieland and having success. Texas D is really good this year, but not good enough to overcome the eventual turnovers.

Since the Ag's seem to fall apart in the second half, I think the bet here is for the 1h.
    Robin, very true. Ash as been TO machine and as good as the D has played they are not getting the TO's to counter. Ash has 6 picks to 0 TD's. The bright side for the Horns is that with McCoy getting the start he has not turned the ball over yet this season and at least has 3 TD's. Hopefully he can just manage the game because he is not going to wow you with his arm or legs.

The Aggies are feeling so good about themselves because they stomped Kansas. This is the same Kansas team the Horns held to 43 total yards. At the half KU had 6 yards rushing...5 passing.
    Last edited by Givemhell Horns; 11-23-11 at 08:47 AM.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

love texas because they suck and nobody will bet them, there is no other real reason to bet them. good luck!

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

freeplays freeplays
    Texas A&M RB Cyrus Gray is out Thursday

jakeloftin2186

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    freeplays freeplays
    Texas A&M RB Cyrus Gray is out Thursday
    Not announced yet....but its senior night and I think he'll play

spike1519
    spike1519's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by Seaton420 View Post

get a life.........spike...........

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10512

Quote Originally Posted by Seaton420 View Post
    you just wish you was a hillbilly , just try real hard you can make it /gl man

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you boys think the Aggies are going to roll this Texas D you are a bunch of fools. If the Horns are +1 in turnovers they will cover and +2 they will win the game. This defense is plain nasty.

John i said last week KSU would be lucky to score 14 and you strongly disagreed. KSU did score 17 but only had 121 yds. Not trying to blow smoke being a Longhorn fan because i also said KSU would cover. B&B are still not 100% but if Bergeron's hammy can come around watch out. With Brown's turf toe he will remain limited.

I honestly believe that if Gray doesn't play the Aggies will not score more than 17.
    K State is not a real passing team with pocket passer, so Texas was able to stuff the run. And K State came off a few exhausting games A&M, OK St, etc.
    A&M can drop back pass and score.
    Texas cannot score, its just that simple. Are any of the RB's back? Is WR Shipley playing? Is A&M RB Gray playing. These all need to be known, huge factors.
    I lean to A&M pending info on the injuries. If Gray plays, its A&M. If Gray plays and the Texas players cannot, its A&M, BIG.

jakeloftin2186

Gray status is still unknown....shipley is suiting up and the UT Rb's are still banged up but will play

THE PLAY IS THE UNDER BUT IF GRAY PLAYS TAKE A&M AS WELL AS HE IS WORTH 10 PTS IN THIS GAME

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

Quote Originally Posted by gwills View Post
    A&M has won 3 out of 5 and 13 out of 25. To be honest, thats all i care about! Could care less about the series record before my lifetime. Am in my twenties...

Not scared of Texas at home is darn right. You should know as well as i that my Aggies (little brother or not) get up BIG TIME at Kyle Field to play Texas. Who cares about DKR? This game is in College Station. Texas simply does not have the offense to keep up...It's that simple. Who will make a play? Honestly, who?
    How many national championships does A&M have in your lifetime? BCS bowl wins? Little brother....

nickspen13
    nickspen13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

Quote Originally Posted by nj1035 View Post
    How many national championships does A&M have in your lifetime? BCS bowl wins? Little brother....
    "little brother" Wooo we got some Mike Hart fans...boys the real rivalry is Sat in Ann Arbor!

jakeloftin2186

Quote Originally Posted by nj1035 View Post

And the arrogant UT fan come out....let me ask you this why didnt UT want to join the big bad SEC...report is it was because of academic reputation of the SEC UT said SEC academics were not good enough but then UT went out and invited a school in WV who has a worse academic reputation then TECH...Just shows UT has no balls to play the big boys just like UT has no balls to play a&m after this year

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

And the arrogant UT fan come out....let me ask you this why didnt UT want to join the big bad SEC...report is it was because of academic reputation of the SEC UT said SEC academics were not good enough but then UT went out and invited a school in WV who has a worse academic reputation then TECH...Just shows UT has no balls to play the big boys just like UT has no balls to play a&m after this year

Oh ok, so what you're saying is 0 and 0. That's not arrogance, it's just facts.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Aggies are feeling so good about themselves because they stomped Kansas.
    Ummm... This is a source of celebration for no one...

John Ryan

5* graded play on Nebraska for Saturday. Report is posted on the site.

12 Last