brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I'm on WMU but Miami has been the better team.

It's Senior night, they're going to win.

did you watch the first half brah??

Alex carder has sliced and diced that defense - the only problem is that he's missed the deep wide open throws - WMU should have at least 21 points already in this game

I think this game will have like a 35-31 type final score and is basically a coin flip...

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

laying some of this off? trying to hit a middle?

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Not buying the "its senior night" reason...plus there's only like 9 people in the stands

ICXCNIKA
    ICXCNIKA's Avatar Become A Pro!

No 2nd half play. Sticking with the original

CallMeMrOMac
    CallMeMrOMac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Touchdown WMU but that 2nd down call was boneheaded, got lucky with the 4th and 9.

We'll see how the Defense does here

CallMeMrOMac

what was the 2nd half spread

CallMeMrOMac

Traded interceptions, there's the MAC for ya.

WinningIsKeY
    WinningIsKeY's Avatar Become A Pro!

Damn bro.. Could of fed your family for 6 mnths wit 5k.. Srry for salt in the womb,but damn really Mac is unpredictable..

CallMeMrOMac

Miami's offensive line disappeared. 8 sacks for WMU and counting now.

fooali
    fooali's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 579

daaaaaaaaaaamn Homie .. in highschool you was the maaaaaaaaaaan homie

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel for u bro. Lost a huge bet last year on Miami against Akron. Said I'd never go big like that on a Mac game again.

my6sen
    my6sen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

bye bye 5k

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

"salt in the womb".....classic

CallMeMrOMac

salty womb!

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

This is why you keep your big bets to yourself... not only does it suck losing 5k... it makes you look even worse trying to act like you know something on here

CallMeMrOMac

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Western Michigan Broncos

They won't be the only Broncos to win in the next 25 hours...

Tebowwwww

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

i dont get why people rub it in though.. does it make you feel better that someone else lost? because you dont know have that money to gamble or what?

WinningIsKeY

Lol wound* sorry man, still there is people starving, and to bet 5k let's me know why we suck as a society.. "MAC" pimped us once again

CallMeMrOMac

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    i dont get why people rub it in though.. does it make you feel better that someone else lost? because you dont know have that money to gamble or what?
    I bet on WMU and stated so when they were losing (and looked like shit) and I never taunted him.

Gotta keep it classy.

WMU's D was ridiculous in the 2nd half of Miami wins this by 7-17 in regulation.

"MAC" pimped us once again
    Favorite (-1 1/2) covered so technically not but this was basically a PK (and was a PK until like 10 min before game).

FWIW, his reasons for Miami winning were spot-on in the first half. Their D, along with WMU's lack of D, were the factors. 2nd half, WMU's D went HAM.

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

it doesnt get closer than that. (besides ot maybe.....)
    congrats on your win

Blannewk
    Blannewk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1395

What are the pol talking about? Did you not just win?

WinningIsKeY

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    I gamble recreationally and not rubbing it in, but if I had 5k I extra, I'd put it to good use rather than flip a coin. I know people struggling to pay bills,eat well, and live comfortable. It disgusts me the amount of greed this nation is full of. Trying to "capitalize" and reap profit when there use to be a time where nessecities (food,water,shelter, family, love)conquered material aspirations

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsKeY View Post
    Damn bro.. Could of fed your family for 6 mnths wit 5k.. Srry for salt in the womb,but damn really Mac is unpredictable..

Lol wound* sorry man, still there is people starving, and to bet 5k let's me know why we suck as a society.. "MAC" pimped us once again
    No offense, but you are way off base.

First, the OP already stated that a $5K bet is a standard wager for him. Therefore, this was not a huge bet or a loss that will have a huge impact on his BR. Therefore, he has no problem feeding his family.

What is your point? Are you trying to say that it's wrong to make a large wager because, as you say, "there are people starving?" That is ridiculous. Clearly, the OP is looking to profit through his sports investments just as he would if playing the stock market. Therefore, it's business; plain and simple.

Please explain to me how making a large wager as an investment in order to make profit is somehow "wrong." Why do we suck as society? Are you suggesting that democracy is wrong and we should revert to a communist state where no one can wager over a certain amount? I really don't get what you are trying to say, but I find it one of the most misguided, ignorant and ridiculous posts I have read in awhile.

CallMeMrOMac

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Therefore, this was not a huge bet
    Thread title says "HUGE 5K play"

And he says he plays "select" 5K games.

I think the people bashing him (not me) are calling him for "selecting" a pick-em MAC game to drop 5 g's on.

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Law of average..you'll get it back..win some lose some..today's not your day...live and learn to fight another day..

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeMrOMac View Post

I think the people bashing him (not me) are calling him for "selecting" a pick-em MAC game to drop 5 g's on.
    The title was probably just to get attention. He didn't make it seem as though he was bankrupt upon a loss or this was an all in type bet.

Regardless, what does it being a MAC game have to do with anything? If you find an edge in any game making it a plus EV wager and determine that wager deserves a large bet, then what it doesn't matter that it's a "MAC" game. There is going to be a winning side and a losing side and if he can find an edge to pinpoint the winning side then he should pull the trigger plain and simple.

The only reason this was a bad wager was because he got a bad number and got killed by the closer. Had he gotten the best price on Miami at +1, then at least he would have gotten the best number.

MAC games are no different than any other game as long as you set your own line and take out public perception.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by GoldRush7 View Post
    This is why you keep your big bets to yourself... not only does it suck losing 5k... it makes you look even worse trying to act like you know something on here
    He didn't imply that he knew anything... he simply shared his wager with us.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeMrOMac View Post

Do you think that losing $5,000 on the Ravens -7 against the Seahawks is a smarter play, or that the loss wasn't as bad?

The conference affiliation as well as the line shouldn't make a damn bit of difference in how much you wager. You handicap the games and play the ones where you feel like you have spotted an advantage versus the number.

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

night-tripper / love the action - well said. His post didn't say "I cant feed my family if I lose this 5k bet" lol for some people a large nickel is the same as a reg nickel to me or a $20 bet to you trolls.

DrSize
    DrSize's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I gamble recreationally and not rubbing it in, but if I had 5k I extra, I'd put it to good use rather than flip a coin. I know people struggling to pay bills,eat well, and live comfortable. It disgusts me the amount of greed this nation is full of. Trying to "capitalize" and reap profit when there use to be a time where nessecities (food,water,shelter, family, love)conquered material aspirations
    This is the dumbest thing I have ever read. It's not like he is making donations to the books. You win some you lose some. Some people bet on sports as a second income. Just because he is betting 5 dimes a game doesn't mean he is some rich asshole who blows his money on drugs and gambling. He is prob hard working with just as many daily bills as you and I. The only diff he has the balls to bet 5k a game.

GChild
    GChild's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1398

Sorry hate to see peeps lose a big play like that!!!

Get them next time

ICXCNIKA
    ICXCNIKA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not the first time I lost - Not the last time. Big NCAAB today

GChild
    GChild's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1398

What u like tonight NCAA

serc
    serc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 549

Where do you live that 5K is sufficient to feed a family for 6 months?

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by Night-Tripper View Post
    He didn't imply that he knew anything... he simply shared his wager with us.
    Saying "Huge 5K" play is just "sharing" his wager? No. Sharing his wager would be stating what the play is and how he feels about it. No one gives a fuk how much you gamble on a game and I give him major props for actually having a screen shot(most of these jokers are betting monopoly money anyway, so BIG props to this guy) But my original point was that posting it on a forum for hundreds to see and losing on top of that makes the loss even worse. I don't even tell my friends how much I have on a game just for the sole fact that it makes it hurt even worse if you lose

First 123 Last