Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Quote Originally Posted by psufan View Post
    Matt Millen and Trevor Matich are keepin it real on ESPN. Love those guys. Definitely think the Board of Trustees was thinking of the best interest of the university and maintaining the Penn State name. I'm sure they are hoping that alot of the emotion will fallout with the firing of JoePa. Nevertheless, it is what it is, and the gravity of everything is profound. On another note, all you Penn State haters keep at it, we will rebound some day.

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    I may be in the minority here or even crazy, but I think Penn St. can win this game straight up. If the players love Joe as much as I think they do & it comes across, they will use the old cliche, "win one for the....". The stadium will have TONS of emotion and intensity from beginning to end and I think Nebraska will be in very tough here.
    Completely agree. I need to hedge my Nebraska bets that I made earlier in the week before all this came out. I think they win this outright.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick1382 View Post
    I don't understand how they fire Joe Paterno today and yet McQueary is still there? It's a shame ....
    mcqueary was the witness, he told paterno, who told the fukkin president. i guess the way it worked was that once the president didn't do shit they were supposed to do somehting (which obviously would have meant ending their jobs, since a full scale cover up was underway obviously if the school president didn't call the cops). correct me if i'm wrong, but i think the UNIVERSITY is the slime, and maybe didn't want paterno to talk.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

well my theory and just that, a theory is that mcqueery and paterno thought that the president did call the cops and or had something done about it and since years went by and they heard nothing else or anymore allegations that everything was okay. Make sense.

Paterno will talk and the truth will comeout that he himself did nothing legally wrong.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    well my theory and just that, a theory is that mcqueery and paterno thought that the president did call the cops and or had something done about it and since years went by and they heard nothing else or anymore allegations that everything was okay. Make sense.

Paterno will talk and the truth will comeout that he himself did nothing legally wrong.
    Are you serious?????????

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick1382 View Post
    I don't understand how they fire Joe Paterno today and yet McQueary is still there? It's a shame ....
    Can't believe he is still there, EVERYONE who knew about this and didn't alert the police should be removed. Hopefully the rest will be gone tomorrow.

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20517

This won't 'destroy' Paterno's legacy. It will always be remembered as the way he went out, but he is the winningest coach in DI history and a good man.

It reminds me of the quote though; "Evil flourishes when good men do nothing."

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

uh, yeah it will.

realitybias
    realitybias's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 140

I will have no part in this lynching of Paterno.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Ultimate Warrior.... There's no protecting Joe PA anymore. Ok? This thing is wide open... and I think other college officials know this. At first I believed Joe PA did everything right... in his power... but now... this is totally blown up... This college will suffer because of this now. It's going to be known as Penn "Pedophile" State for a long time.

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20517

Quote Originally Posted by bradthebloke View Post
    uh, yeah it will.
    Uh, no it won't. You don't know what he knew at the time; or do you have inside info.

He reported it. Do you really think if he knew that someone under him was raping a child that he wouldn't take further action?

When Paterno dies he'll be remembered fondly by most people as a good man and a great coach.
    Last edited by spurginobili; 11-09-11 at 11:44 PM.

Gmen30
    Update your status
    Gmen30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1000

If Penn State sinks any lower it might get invited to the Big East.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: moses millsap

face

fuk focusing on paterno, penn state fukked up. it's not like paterno is the only one who knew. all those higher ups kept everyone quiet. paterno should have done more though, he was older than all of them, could have got them fired. it's all spanier's fault, it was his call.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    fuk focusing on paterno, penn state fukked up. it's not like paterno is the only one who knew. all those higher ups kept everyone quiet. paterno should have done more though, he was older than all of them, could have got them fired. it's all spanier's fault, it was his call.
    So what you're saying is... many of Penn State's officials had this on their conscience for almost a decade and they went about their business as usual... amazing how the world stays quiet.

face

if you read the report it seems like tons of people were involved, i think a lot of people knew and didn't want to make penn state look like a pedophile school. bc sandusky was famous.

Double Bogey

Quote Originally Posted by spurginobili View Post
    Uh, no it won't. You don't know what he knew at the time; or do you have inside info.

He reported it. Do you really think if he knew that someone under him was raping a child that he wouldn't take further action?

When Paterno dies he'll be remembered fondly by most people as a good man and a great coach.
    Great coach, yes. Good man? Good men protect children from predators. They don't just do what they are legally obligated to do and go on about their day.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Yeah, I'm with Paterno here. He has been hard done by, particularly by the press.

We do not know all the facts.

What we do know is he was told something. He was a witness to nothing and could give no admissible evidence about what happened.

It is a big call to go to the Police against your school and ex-legend of the school if you do not know or have all the facts. As I say, its not suggested that he witnessed anything or had first hand knowledge that anything had happened.

All he knew is that an adult told him something. Who is not to say that Paterno didn't form the view that janitor was mad/mistaken/exaggerating/had a thing against Sandusky?

If I’d been TOLD something and didn’t see it myself, I’d report it to the appropriate people and trust them to investigate. It wasn't his job to second guess them. In this case, he deemed his superiors should look into the janitor's allegation and see if there was any substance to it.

We don't know what Paterno's involvement was from this point on.

The janitor should have gone to the Police; he was the one who witnessed it. Could Paterno have done more? Yeah, sure, but I understand the position he was in.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: face, and SlickRick1382

face

the university/president (spanier) should face criminal charges of knowingly harboring a pedophile.

Rous
    Rous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Well said Gee. This whole circus the media is creating is taking away from all the good things Joe Pa has done and stands for, and in a way is letting that low life scum bag Sandosky bad deeds off the hook for a brief moment. In my opinion, this whole thing reeks of a cover up going to the highest powers at penn state, and in due time, this will be exposed. From experience many people and critics talk the talk, but very few actually walk the walk. Joe Pa up to now is being crusixfied for someone else's actions and deeds. Public and media wanted someone to blame for this, unfortunately Joe Pa is one of the scapegoats. It's a damn shame where this country is going and how the media can treat a man who put his life and soul into a university. He made them lots of money and donated a lot as well. He was a leader men for generations who then raised families of their own with positive things they were taught by joe pa and on and on. It's a damn shame and travesty and sort of reminds me of the story about that guy who the bible is about..............

Rous
    Rous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Bottom line, the whole thing is sad and depressing..........

Double Bogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Yeah, I'm with Paterno here. He has been hard done by, particularly by the press.

We do not know all the facts.

What we do know is he was told something. He was a witness to nothing and could give no admissible evidence about what happened.

It is a big call to go to the Police against your school and ex-legend of the school if you do not know or have all the facts. As I say, its not suggested that he witnessed anything or had first hand knowledge that anything had happened.

All he knew is that an adult told him something. Who is not to say that Paterno didn't form the view that janitor was mad/mistaken/exaggerating/had a thing against Sandusky?

If I’d been TOLD something and didn’t see it myself, I’d report it to the appropriate people and trust them to investigate. It wasn't his job to second guess them. In this case, he deemed his superiors should look into the janitor's allegation and see if there was any substance to it.

We don't know what Paterno's involvement was from this point on.

The janitor should have gone to the Police; he was the one who witnessed it. Could Paterno have done more? Yeah, sure, but I understand the position he was in.
    As a citizen you should know that you don't have to have admissible evidence about something to alert the police of a situation. If that were the case, the police would rarely be called. It's the polices job to investigate.

It really astounds me the number of guys on here who would not call the police if they heard from a credible guy that he saw a 50 year old anally raping a 10 year old. Imagine if that was your child. Imagine if your child was the last one abused. Any one of these guys who had kniwledge about this could have prevented it from continuing. Sexual abuse of children is a huge problem. Check the sex offender database sometime and see for yourself. Its up to adults to protect children from these predators, because they cannot protect themselves.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

DB: I disagree. You call if you have some evidence, your own legitimate suspicious or if you actually heard something or saw something.

We do not know what view Paterno took about the credibility of the report or exactly what he was told.

There are people much more culpable than Paterno. At least he went to his superiors.

Many people did nothing.

I probably would have pushed for the janitor to go to the Police, but would not have gone myself. I also probably would have found out where the investigation took PSU.

Its openly conceded that Paterno could and probably should have done more, but I do not think he deserves to be stoned for this.

First 123