Jnots17
    Jnots17's Avatar Become A Pro!

JNots 2011 College Football Thread

I have been following different people on here throughout the season and thought I would try posting my picks on here and hopefully getting some opinions. I have been up and down this season like those I have viewed on here, but last weekend I took the biggest hit. I am in no way saying to bet money on games I choose, these are just my opinions on games I like and are hopping on. I will not post my record on here from the past because there is no point...just want to have some fun and hopefully win some money along the way! Good luck to all who decide to check this out, fade or tail!
    Last edited by Jnots17; 10-24-11 at 03:13 PM.

Jnots17

I would also like to add since these are my first posts that I have been following some people who put alot of time into their picks and writeups and who are much better then I will ever claim to be on here...so I want to say thank you to Donk, Spladle08, FrattyCapper22, SprtscapnGuru, Sonnybaby, Todays Locks and Machine Choice (and I am sure I am forgetting some). Not sure any of you will ever read my thread, but if you do thanks for all your hard work and sharing your opinions and picks!
    Last edited by Jnots17; 10-24-11 at 03:15 PM.

Jnots17

So far I have this teaser locked in and hopefully it hits...

3 team - 10 point teaser:
    Michigan -3.5
    Auburn -.5
    Arkansas -.5

Reasoning:
    Michigan off a loss and a BYE week @ home vs Purdue...I see this as a double digit win.
    Auburn just needs to pull off the W at home against Miss
    Arkansas really blew it for me last week, so lets hope this doesn't make 2 weeks in a row, but I see them coming out of their game at Vandy with the W as well...

Please share thoughts if you wish.
    Last edited by Jnots17; 10-24-11 at 04:06 PM.

Jnots17

Anyone have any thoughts about the following games:
    Pittsburgh
    Clemson
    OK State
    Penn State
    Texas Tech

Jnots17

FIU - 6.5 is the play for tonight!

spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im going to write on Tech and PSU tonight (I already have on the other games you listed). I am also going to look at that Michigan game.
    Without having looked I think Purdue could give them problems, but I may convince myself otherwise after looking at numbers.
    I will try to give you my opinion once I form one... but the chica is out of town and I got some moola on this FIU game so I will probably end up having too many beers to make much sense... from ~630 central to about 830 I will be churning out pure gold though. So if you have any games you want my 2 cents on just holla.

Side note: THANKS FOR THE SHOUT OUT. Look forward to reading up on your picks.

Jnots17

Thanks...I am still looking at the list and I didn't have a write up for tonight other then it is the Sun Belt...not much else to say. I will be putting a few back tonight and hopefully cashing in with you!

Jnots17

Holy turnovers...I feel like I was on the right side of that game, just didn't pan out.
    On to the next one...

Thread records:
    ATS: 0 - 1
    Teaser/Parlay: 0 - 0

Jnots17

I added two more teasers to my card for this weekend...I normally do not play too many of these but I liked them when I was doing my research and locked them in...I will most likely have a play for tonight as well.

7 pt 7 team Teaser:
    Stanford -1
    Wisconsin -.5
    Oklahoma St -7.5
    Oklahoma -6.5
    Texas Tech -8.5
    Penn St +1.5
    Clemson +2.5

5 Team 6 pt Teaser
    Houston/Rice Over 65
    Mississippi St -4
    Clemson +2
    Penn St +1
    Bowling Green +2

My rational in general are the teams that are + anything I just pegged to win the game in general...All other teams I like to win, and some to win big, but maybe not quite as big as their spreads are currently at, so I was not as confident to play them ATS. I do think Ok st, Ok and Texas Tech Roll though.

Thread records:
    Teaser/Parlay: 0 - 0

Jnots17

This game tonight has UGLY written all over it more so then Snookie....I know there is rain in the forecast which may effect the gameplay somewhat and we also have 2 struggling offenses. Despite the past few match ups going over, this is this year. I see it being closer and more so low scoring then in the past.

My bet:
    Teaser
    UConn +16
    Under 48

Hopefully tonight ends better then last!

spladle08

J: everything looks great to me. Im not crazy about OU cause I have no clue how they will play, but all the other games look like easy covers up and down. I think you got this. Good Luck man.

Jnots17

Not off to a good start here...Uconn was just terrible the first half, although I do not think they are very good in general and in the 4th quarter their D just decided not to play. Anyways, ended up losing it on the OVER. Tough break there, maybe tonights game will be better.

Locked in:
    Miami -14

Thread records on posted plays:
    Teaser/Parlay: 0 - 1

spladle08

GL man... Im only on the Houston Over tonight... but have been running bad... pray for me

Jnots17

Wow...Just got power back after 5 inches of snow. Apparently that is cause for not having electric for 4 days. Last week wasn't great, but I didn't get hit too hard winning my biggest bet of the week. Plays for this week are as follows...feel free to critique and good luck on all your plays.

10 pt Teaser:
    Miami(ohio) -4
    FSU -4.5
    USC -11.5

7 pt teaser:
    Arizona St -2
    Michigan +3
    Southern Miss -1.5
    Oklahoma -6.5

ATS
    Arizona St -9
    Michigan -4
    Southern Miss -8.5
    Oklahoma -13.5

Parlay:
    Arizona St -9
    Southern Miss -8.5
    Oklahoma -13.5

10 pt Teaser:
    Oklahoma St -11
    Iowa St -4
    Stanford -11

ATS: 0 - 2
    Teaser/Parlay: 1 - 2

Jnots17

Quote Originally Posted by Jnots17 View Post
    Wow...Just got power back after 5 inches of snow. Apparently that is cause for not having electric for 4 days. Last week wasn't great, but I didn't get hit too hard winning my biggest bet of the week. Plays for this week are as follows...feel free to critique and good luck on all your plays.

10 pt Teaser: Miami(ohio) -4
    FSU -4.5
    USC -11.5

7 pt teaser:
    Arizona St -2
    Michigan +3
    Southern Miss -1.5
    Oklahoma -6.5

ATS
    Arizona St -9
    Michigan -4
    Southern Miss -8.5
    Oklahoma -13.5

Parlay:
    Arizona St -9
    Southern Miss -8.5
    Oklahoma -13.5

10 pt Teaser:
    Oklahoma St -11
    Iowa St -4
    Stanford -11

Teaser/Parlay: 1 - 2

Good start to the week...Lets keep it going!

10 pt Teaser: W
    Miami(ohio) -4
    FSU -4.5
    USC -11.5

Teaser/Parlay: 2 - 2

Jnots17

Adding...

Air Force/Army Over 59

Iowa St/Kansas Over 60