xjumpintwit
    xjumpintwit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whats up with these pt spreads?/

just wondering if anyone can tell me why LSU is favored by 23 to a team like auburn but oklahoma st. is only favored by 6 to a team like missouri?

i know lsu is at home and oklahoma st. is on the road .. but these are both undefeated teams and i feel like auburn is a way better team than missouri...

so shouldn't missouri be getting a little more points than only 6 against an undefeated team?

or do they just feel LSU is 10 times better than oklahoma st ever will be and will blow auburn out i just dont get it

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

they are playing 2 different teams man...completely different games. mizzou is the best team ostate has faced so far in my opinion. a+m fans will disagree, but i think overall they are. they also present a new challenge to a young ostate front 7 with the mobile qb that can pass it down the field as well. tough game for my boys who are really unproven and not beating people by a ton of points.

xjumpintwit
    xjumpintwit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    they are playing 2 different teams man...completely different games. mizzou is the best team ostate has faced so far in my opinion. a+m fans will disagree, but i think overall they are. they also present a new challenge to a young ostate front 7 with the mobile qb that can pass it down the field as well. tough game for my boys who are really unproven and not beating people by a ton of points.

yeah i understand that i am just new to college fb betting and was just curious how 2 top 25 teams can have a difference of so many points and you have oklahoma st who is undefeated only by so little .. thanks for ur imput i was just curious

sandman0713

just go back and look at the scores and the teams they are playing. lsu dominates and wins by a lot...against good teams...and they have one of the best defenses in the country, so their opposition may not score a lot. ostate can score on anyone, but our d is not the best and we just haven't beaten people by a lot. we give up points to everyone, which makes our games much closer than lsu who can hold their opposition down.

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's strange to me that Oklahoma St. is favored by the same amount of points they were vs. Texas, and Missouri is much, much better than Texas. Explain that to me.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    It's strange to me that Oklahoma St. is favored by the same amount of points they were vs. Texas, and Missouri is much, much better than Texas. Explain that to me.
    mizzou is not that much better than texas in my opinion...but that doesn't always matter in the spread. texas has a huge fanbase that mizzou does not, and these people will likely bet the horns no matter what. texas and the texas homefield have the perception of being great to the average follower, and they will bet according to this. spread is all about setting a line that ensures an equal amount of bets being placed on each side of a game, and not so much just that ostate is 7 points better than mizzou.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

I think auburn is under rated, the team plays with alot of heart, they only get better each game. I see a close score here, not very close, but again not 22-23 point blowout.
    LSU wins by 10 IMO

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    I think auburn is under rated, the team plays with alot of heart, they only get better each game. I see a close score here, not very close, but again not 22-23 point blowout. LSU wins by 10 IMO

heart my ass

they got their doors blown off by an arkansas team that would lose by 10-14 to LSU