Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Usc vs. Cal

Anyone have opinions on USC? Just looking at their previous score results they appear pretty lousy. There only away game they got smoked. I haven't seen CAL play either besides a little against Oregon. My take is that it will be a close game and possibly a CAL win. Opinions appreciated.

Scuba Gooding Jr
    Scuba Gooding Jr's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd play the over at 55.5, both Cal and USC defense's are pretty lousy and both team's offense's average over 450 yards and 30 points a game.

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Thanks, where do you see the totals listed?

Scuba Gooding Jr
    Scuba Gooding Jr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bookmaker and BetOnline have it at 55.5 right now

AdamL2424
    The Dynasty Continues......
    AdamL2424's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 136

The play for me is SC -3. Kiffin has finally opened up the offense and they had a bye week to prepare. Keenan Allen is the Bears only weapon and Maynard is a below avg QB. The line should be more up around 10

zuluhead1``1
    zuluhead1``1's Avatar Become A Pro!

USC's yards per game has not Always translates into points in PAC-12 games. Turnovers and penalties absolutely kill this offense. Barkley throws for 300 yards but then they give the ball back before scoring. Take the Utah/USC game. Two "good" offenses and two mediocre to bad defenses turned out to be a snoozer. I like USC to cover better than the over, personally.

I had USC covering in the ASU game... By half time I was just praying that ever play either scores or was ended before entering the 20. USC is absolute shit in the redone right now. Just my 2 cents.

rainmaker82
    rainmaker82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Personally I think USC wins this game by 10-14 points. I think Maynard is too erratic and the USC offense will be too much for Cal.

bspring
    bspring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

as bad as I want to take the pts with cal... I cant... USC rolls in this one

Dkid
    Play to win.
    Dkid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 614

Quote Originally Posted by bspring View Post
    as bad as I want to take the pts with cal... I cant... USC rolls in this one
    i agree, usc has more talent and are playing pretty well right now.
    i dont see cal winning this one with that lousy qb

zuluhead1``1

Quote Originally Posted by Dkid View Post
    i agree, usc has more talent and are playing pretty well right now.
    i dont see cal winning this one with that lousy qb
    "pretty well" is very relative in this situation. They are playing well compared to, for instance, UCLA or Arizona. They are not playing well for a USC team, especially one featuring a school record breaking QB.

Mr. Peepers
    Mr. Peepers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

after watching Cal play Oregon its pretty hard to play Cal...So many holes on D and their QB might be the most overated in the Pac-12. USC should be able to rattle him easily...just my take

Mattn3236
    Mattn3236's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guys I'm a huge sc fan but this game smells. Sc defense is horrible. Cover 2 no press coverage. Only one good wr and rb fumbles. CAL is not great this yr. But at home hmmm. I see no reason to make a play...

Dkid
    Play to win.
    Dkid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 614

Quote Originally Posted by zuluhead1``1 View Post
    "pretty well" is very relative in this situation. They are playing well compared to, for instance, UCLA or Arizona. They are not playing well for a USC team, especially one featuring a school record breaking QB.
    playing pretty well relative to cal, obviously there not the #1 powerhouse they use to be, but there no chump team.

Pickma$ter
    Pickma$ter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

Like Cal at home +3. Cal has the Defense to match up well against USC, I do agree Zach is not very accurate but he has proven he can substain scoring drives. Dont look at the Oregon game as a comparison on how well Cal will perform against USC. Thats like comparing a Corvette to an Impala. Cal did prove that they do have the athletes on the defensive side to stop oregon....but in the 2nd half oregon wore down cal. With cal going 3 and out it keep there d on the feild way to long. Cal has always been a fade when on the road but not at home. This USC team is not the same powerhouse it once was, they dont have the playmakers or depth anymore.

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

I took the Over and have CAL in some parlays too.

Seaton420
    Seaton420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickma$ter View Post
    Like Cal at home +3. Cal has the Defense to match up well against USC, I do agree Zach is not very accurate but he has proven he can substain scoring drives. Dont look at the Oregon game as a comparison on how well Cal will perform against USC. Thats like comparing a Corvette to an Impala. Cal did prove that they do have the athletes on the defensive side to stop oregon....but in the 2nd half oregon wore down cal. With cal going 3 and out it keep there d on the feild way to long. Cal has always been a fade when on the road but not at home. This USC team is not the same powerhouse it once was, they dont have the playmakers or depth anymore.

they aren't the same #1 were used to ofcourse! But they are a bigger powerhouse than Cal! Cal has looked unimpressive all year..and i see USC winning by double digits. Oregon had a couple mistakes you you slowed them down for like 15 minutes..doesnt make your D too much to handle.

USC 34

Cal 24

Seaton420

also Cal's QB sucks gamec0ck and will be blizted and a few pick 6's
    Last edited by Seaton420; 10-12-11 at 12:23 PM. Reason: misprint

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

pete carroll will pull this one off, if you don't think he will do so in this game make sure you are on cal. good luck!

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

CAL ML and +3

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

As a normal Saturday game I'd stay away from this, but as a prime time Friday night game I think USC rolls. I took this game early and got it a 3 1/2.... its now at 3 almost everywhere, that kind of concerns me but I see USC by 7 or more

ken10
    ken10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 516

I took USC and now I'm worried with all the confidence in CAL... But their top CB Marc Anthony is questionable....

Seaton420

Quote Originally Posted by Vin_vermillion View Post
    CAL ML and +3

Nice Fail...were all gonna be laughing at you tomorrow night! Remember ME cause i will

eldian
    eldian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1062

Does CAL have anyone on D that can stop the combination of Barkley and Woods?

zuluhead1``1

Quote Originally Posted by Seaton420 View Post
    Nice Fail...were all gonna be laughing at you tomorrow night! Remember ME cause i will
    Your are a child. Go somewhere else.

ck021
    ck021's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

I'm gonna wait for the 2nd half line and probably gonna take USC there

Vin_vermillion

Deja Vu.

people said something similar to me last week about Iowa vs PSU...and I was the only one laughing at the end of the day.

cwsmith
    cwsmith's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    pete carroll will pull this one off, if you don't think he will do so in this game make sure you are on cal. good luck!
    LOL. Cal vs. Seahawks?

Numenor80
    Numenor80's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

I wouldn't bet against Cal at home. Look at Oregon vs Cal last year in Berkeley! I realize the teams are diff. but the qb this year is much better than the one last year for Cal! Cal proved they could hang w/ one of the most powerful offenses in the coll. fball last week for one half. I think they hang around longer this week and make this a very interesting game.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

Quote Originally Posted by Numenor80 View Post
    I wouldn't bet against Cal at home. Look at Oregon vs Cal last year in Berkeley! I realize the teams are diff. but the qb this year is much better than the one last year for Cal! Cal proved they could hang w/ one of the most powerful offenses in the coll. fball last week for one half. I think they hang around longer this week and make this a very interesting game.
    Just a friendly FYI, the game isn't in Berkeley man...its in AT&T Park (SF Giants Stadium). Cal is playing all their home games there this year.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Two horrendous coaches..

Lane kiffin needs no explanation, and Tedford kicking FG's @ Oregon.

Jhauglid23
    Jhauglid23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

I agree. I like USC's line much better in their favor!

Pickma$ter
    Pickma$ter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

they aren't the same #1 were used to ofcourse! But they are a bigger powerhouse than Cal! Cal has looked unimpressive all year..and i see USC winning by double digits. Oregon had a couple mistakes you you slowed them down for like 15 minutes..doesnt make your D too much to handle. USC 34 Cal 24
    Both teams are nothing to brag about...USC could have lost to Minnesota at Utah at home. Not much value in a USC this year.

SOUP
    One game at a Time.
    SOUP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1803

CAL +3 and ML. Small wager on the UNDER as well.

AdamL2424
    The Dynasty Continues......
    AdamL2424's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 136

Can somebody please come up with a legit reason for taking Cal except for "the line is fishy" or "I gotta side with the books". After Keenan Allen the bears have nothing. I will be the first to admit that SC has a soft defense but it's Cal. Arizona had a top 5 offense at the time they played SC... I just dont see this anywhere less than 10

Vin_vermillion

Quote Originally Posted by AdamL2424 View Post
    Can somebody please come up with a legit reason for taking Cal except for "the line is fishy" or "I gotta side with the books". After Keenan Allen the bears have nothing. I will be the first to admit that SC has a soft defense but it's Cal. Arizona had a top 5 offense at the time they played SC... I just dont see this anywhere less than 10

God write ups annoy me....

but since you want some reasons....here.....

1) Cal leads USC in offensive stats this far into the season, and I think has played a tougher schedule up to this point.
    2) While USC has a SLIGHTLY (AND I DO MEAN SLIGHTLY) better defense, Cal has a better pass defense. It is quite possible they could shut down Barkley making the run game more important for USC.
    3) The game is on a neutral Field.
    4) Regardless of USC being on probation - USC is still USC to people. They still have a target on their back even when they are down. For USC on the other hand, this is just another game on the schedule.

My play is Cal +3, but I realize most people still expect USC to be USC and pound Cal like last season.

12 Last