AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN
    Go CARDS!!!
    AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Michigan -7 @ NW??? Is Michigan an EZ Play?

I know everyone has seen Michigan been rolling everyone....

Does NW 2-2, 0-1 in conference have a chance?

Why only -7??

Anyone injured?

Who's on NW and why?

Leaning:
    Michigan -7

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5457

Michigan -7 is easy play to me. They won 58-0 last game. I feel they can beat anybody by 7 especially an average team like Northwestern who lost to army and is one of the worst passing teams in the league.

bspring
    bspring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

I am on NW for a few reasons... first off Persa is back, they lost last week when he pulled himself due to a scare of a injury. He threw 4 td's... they had the undefeated Illini down and possibly out.

Road game, at night... ryan field (LOL) 2,342 sold out. (Sarcasm)

Michigan has not been tested other than ND, and we all know what happened in that one. My theory is this, if you have only played one game against a team that you recruit with/against, the talent pools are in the same neighborhood and you need a miracle at home that alarms me. The match up will be how the hell to stop drob, but hell no one can so at this point I think UM cant get the passing game going... Drob bust a couple of huge plays but NW uses persa's leadership and ability to make things happen while valuing the ball into a bunch of scores. I see a cover here easy, possible small ML

bspring

They beat a Minnesota team 58-0 that was coming of a loss to North Dakota State, and two weeks off a loss to New Mexico Teacher

AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN
    Go CARDS!!!

Hahah:
    I just locked in 5.5x to win 5x on Michigan -7... I didn't know NW was without there Star QB...

bspring

Persa is playing... he played last week came out from an apparent tweak which is completely normal with Achilles tears.. most of the time it is a fear thing because you are so uncertain of the strength of the tendon.. Trainers said you will keep tweaking it... but you can play through it....

I would be very careful locking in bets based upon a shotty injury bc most sign indicates persa will be playing

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Persa plays Northwestern covers, If not Michigan will. No reason to bet the game this early, I would wait until a few hours before.

caseyking2
    Clemson Tigers!!
    caseyking2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

Michigan 0-5 as a visiting favorite. Learned that this morning on chan 91 sirrius radio. They suggest taking NW and points. This is first road test for michigan this year

bspring

Every single source is indicating Persa is playing... and will take majority of snaps...

Betn247
    Past succes doesnt equal future results
    Betn247's Avatar Become A Pro!

NW starting RB Trumpy out....Persa is a good Qb, but Michigan def. covers this game...... Bad teams find ways to lose games last week was a perfect example for NW blowing a lead to Illinois, I expect denard to have a huge day and this is one of the easier plays this week IMO,Michigan D is gonna be the real deal again this week.....
    Mich 34 - 21

bspring

Trevon Green will be fine replacing trumpy... they practically have the same numbers.

when you say a starting back in NW system you are taking about a 10 carry a game type of guy... primary runne rin this system is QB.

Persa is a great QB.

Your bad teams find a way to lose games statement is fine and true, but I am worried about the 7 points not losing this game...

Michigan may be exploited for playing nothing as of yet...

Betn247

Well I will be teasing this -1 and Houston -4 even though I may also play the -7, plenty of time left to assure myself or change my mind BOL

Betn247

the only thing that kept NW in the game last week was the TO's by Illinois FYI an INT in the endzone.......

bspring

turnovers are a part of the game...Michigan has ball security issues, much better than last year so far... NW does not they have 1 turnover on the year...

Turnovers can swing a 7 pt spread game one way, and fast.

spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wasnt aware Persa plays Defense... Michigan is averaging 37 for 10 against, lets ignore that 10pts against and say Persa says "screw this defense Im keeping our team on our scoring average, 29" even if he does score some points do we expect the defense that allows an average of 24.3 pts a game to hold Denard and company to less than 36? After giving up 38 to Ill, 21 to the powerhouse ARMY (who went on the next week to lose to Ball State) and 21 to Eastern Ill. meh, I think Denard n Company throw up mid 40's hell maybe even hit their average at 37 and cover. Persa is concerned about his leg and Michigan brings the heat... he will leave before half and it may get out of hand.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Again... just like I posted in another Michigan -5?????? POST!!! Michigan hasn't played on the road yet. It's easy playing in front of 110,000 people in Ann Arbor who love you... now go play Michigan ball without fan support. Trust me... the game will be much closer... if not a Northwestern SU Win.

Betn247

Who has Northwestern played.....oh the game they choked away against the Illini????????

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I was going to play NW, but opted out instead. Michigan is still basically an unknown team. There are too many unknowns for me to play this game. NW may have injury issues, but have had success against Michigan of late. Michigan is also in a classic "look ahead" situation, going to Michigan State next week.

Betn247

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I was going to play NW, but opted out instead. Michigan is still basically an unknown team. There are too many unknowns for me to play this game. NW may have injury issues, but have had success against Michigan of late. Michigan is also in a classic "look ahead" situation, going to Michigan State next week.
    Think the last time the 2 schools played was 2008......Michigan is a totally different football team, it is tough to compare years past when a team is so different.....but if we are making comparisons, the last game played in NW was 2007 that Michigan won 28-16 FWIW espn insider like the cats

Betn247

I think a lot of stock is being put in Persa......he had 4 td's last week but only 160 yards...... I think Denard will be the star here

bspring

I think denard is good, persa has moxy bro... plain and simple.. when he is in the team and opposing team knows it is.

Spladle, I like your stuff man but leave the sarcasm out, of course persa doesnt play defense but when it is a track meet which michigan likes to get in as of late, and the only game they played talent was a track meet. honestly you sticking to the averages thing loses me especially when it is OOC games. Everything changes once you start playing kids that were in your own recruiting pool. Michigans defense GOT LIIIIITTTTT by a poor t/o prone offense in ND... Fitzgerald can scheme with the best of them.

And as stated above, its away... michigan state looms. and NW does not turn the ball over so far this season.. Maybe that changes when the competition steps up but teams that preach ball security usually hold onto the rock regardless.. esp bc they have struggled and been in close games.

Betn247

Quote Originally Posted by bspring View Post
    I think denard is good, persa has moxy bro... plain and simple.. when he is in the team and opposing team knows it is. Spladle, I like your stuff man but leave the sarcasm out, of course persa doesnt play defense but when it is a track meet which michigan likes to get in as of late, and the only game they played talent was a track meet. honestly you sticking to the averages thing loses me especially when it is OOC games. Everything changes once you start playing kids that were in your own recruiting pool. Michigans defense GOT LIIIIITTTTT by a poor t/o prone offense in ND... Fitzgerald can scheme with the best of them. And as stated above, its away... michigan state looms. and NW does not turn the ball over so far this season.. Maybe that changes when the competition steps up but teams that preach ball security usually hold onto the rock regardless.. esp bc they have struggled and been in close games.
    Sorry but throwing for 160 yds isnt gonna get it done against Michigan's offense, and who has NW played besides Illinois......nobody so they shouldnt turn the ball over. Persa has Moxy.........LOL thats too funny a guy that cant keep himself from getting hurt, you have a better chance of taking Persa to not finish the game than NW winning outright LOL

spladle08

Nice read on the game Bspring... I agree it was a track meet with ND, but dont forget ND has talent, ND lost to South Florida on a turnover plagued effort, then lost to Michigan on a last second miracle, beasted a decent Mich Sate team, got passed a scrappy Pitt team and beasted Purdue, after the shoot-out with ND, Michigan has given up a total of 10pt over 3games, I dont doubt that the road environment will be very different, but outside of a disappointing defensive effort against an under-rated ND team, Michigan's defense has looked as good as any in the country. NW did play Ill close at their house but...so did Western Mich, and ASU (ASU is very good) but point being I see the Illini as pretenders and think the oddsmakers may have used that performance to get a little $$$ out of the public in this game. Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by spladle08; 10-06-11 at 03:09 PM.

bspring

Fair to say and a good take spladle.... I think ASU is good.. So i was using that illini win as my measuring stick for them... NW played them tough. I just dont like road night in conf favorited when neither team has proven jack... mich looks better I will say but here nor there. I pounded Mich last week, I remember I dropped that one in your thread last week. This has NW all over it.

Betn247 I mean, I am not a NW backer, NW alumn... but Dan Persa is special... He has been hurt ONE time.. on a fluke jump after throwing a td... this is still stemming from the initial injury. as I wrote above, this is VERY common with Achilles tears and subsequent reconstruction. People are very hesitant and everything feels unnatural. Just tune into the BTN at 7pm to see what happens I guess lol...

BOL

Betn247

Quote Originally Posted by bspring View Post
    Fair to say and a good take spladle.... I think ASU is good.. So i was using that illini win as my measuring stick for them... NW played them tough. I just dont like road night in conf favorited when neither team has proven jack... mich looks better I will say but here nor there. I pounded Mich last week, I remember I dropped that one in your thread last week. This has NW all over it. Betn247 I mean, I am not a NW backer, NW alumn... but Dan Persa is special... He has been hurt ONE time.. on a fluke jump after throwing a td... this is still stemming from the initial injury. as I wrote above, this is VERY common with Achilles tears and subsequent reconstruction. People are very hesitant and everything feels unnatural. Just tune into the BTN at 7pm to see what happens I guess lol... BOL
    ANd I was just stating he hasnt plaed a full game in the one game he came back......I dont like to put too much stock in something until I see it.....last week I was more unimpressed with the Illini D than impressed by the NW offense.....but BOL as well

spladle08

Yes you did put me on them last weekend and it gave me a nice win, you're a good capper so you have me slightly nervous on this one but I hope your wrong good luck this weekend let me know if you have any other locks

bspring

Well my shit changes lol, so i may be off of NW by saturday morning I will let you know lol... I usually change and make some rush bets... I am a volume better... lol

Nothing stands out as of yet...

moneymac81
    moneymac81's Avatar Become A Pro!

what about my ballsack??????

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

NW should have beat Illinois, and you think michigan as a road fav is easy?

spladle08

Dont let one game sway you BettingWiz... you could also argue that Army controlled much of the game en route to a win by 7 so they should easily beat an Illini team that should have lost to NW, or that NW beat a very poor BC team by a touchdown so who would expect them to keep it close with mich? one 3pt effort vs Illinois doesnt mean much in the grand scheme. Would you take Western Michigan -7 after they already lost to Michigan by 24? Simply because they too only lost to Ill by 3... meh, dont get swayed game by game, throw some facts out and we will all listen

Betn247

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    NW should have beat Illinois, and you think michigan as a road fav is easy?
    What has NW done to make you think they can win....they choked away a close one they had like a 3 score lead in going into the 4th, so what makes you think they win a shootout against Michigan? I agree the 7 is gonna be tough but like I said I really cant see NW winning this game after choking the last one away, Michigan has done what they were suppose to, beaten ND no doubt a comeback lucky win but they did it, and have only had 20 points scored against them in the other 4, I am not mathmatician but that comes out to be 5 ppg.........so again I ask what has NW done besides lose a close one last week that they led 28-10???????????????????

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

NW isn't the one laying points, so it doesn't matter if they choke again and lose by a few points

michigan defense has been overachieving too

Betn247

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    NW isn't the one laying points, so it doesn't matter if they choke again and lose by a few points michigan defense has been overachieving too
    New coach new Team......dont think they are overacheiving just a different and better system

Betn247

Guess we will find out Sat and over may be the best play.......but my gut says Big Blue

AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN
    Go CARDS!!!

Cash It!!

12 Last