Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

No. Illinois/Louisana Tech

Took a step backwards yesterday. I'm now 7-3. Yesterday's games were pretty crazy and I don't regret my picks. The way the games were played I think I win more with my picks than lose.

ANYWAY...... we move on!

Tonight I like Louisiana Tech. This was one of my top 6 plays for the bowl season. I'm 1-0 with my "top plays" so far.

I bet LT +2 and then again at +1. Now they are favored by 1.5. I still like it and I'm going to put 3 more units on them. (7 total units)

I have MANY reasons why I like the Bulldogs tonight. Here is a little info that might help YOU decide.....

In one corner, we have 7-5 Louisiana Tech. The Bulldogs look legit, having scored victories over the likes of Mississippi State and Fresno State.

In the other corner, we have 6-6 Northern Illinois. The Huskies' biggest wins? They came over, well, no one. NIU beat no team that is going to a bowl. The biggest pluses on the Huskies' résumé are close losses to Minnesota (31-27), Western Michigan (29-26) and Tennessee (13-9).
    "We were picked dead last in our conference," said Northern Illinois coach Jerry Kill, in his first season after being hired away from Southern Illinois.

guru-t
    guru-t's Avatar Become A Pro!

As you may have read on my witeup as soon as this game got lined,this is one of my biggest plays of the bowl season.I got Latech at +1.5.Glad we're finally on the same side husker.I really feel that Latech wins this one by 10 or more!Lets get it!

Husker36

Now the REAL bowl season begins!

Kronc
    Kronc's Avatar Become A Pro!

I with u2 on this one!!! Go LaTech!!!

Husker36

Is ANYONE on N. ILL?? Speak BEFORE the game starts!

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    Is ANYONE on N. ILL?? Speak BEFORE the game starts!
    i'm on them. yesterday everyone seemed to be on them too. felt confident. now today everyone's on latech. unbelievable...

guru-t

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    i'm on them. yesterday everyone seemed to be on them too. felt confident. now today everyone's on latech. unbelievable...
    I've been on Latech since this game was lined so don't include me.I put them as one of my best bets in the best bet thread.Check it out!

jholl
    jholl's Avatar Become A Pro!

Took a step backwards yesterday. I'm now 7-3. Yesterday's games were pretty crazy and I don't regret my picks. The way the games were played I think I win more with my picks than lose.

ANYWAY...... we move on!

Tonight I like Louisiana Tech. This was one of my top 6 plays for the bowl season. I'm 1-0 with my "top plays" so far.

I bet LT +2 and then again at +1. Now they are favored by 1.5. I still like it and I'm going to put 3 more units on them. (7 total units)

I have MANY reasons why I like the Bulldogs tonight. Here is a little info that might help YOU decide.....

In one corner, we have 7-5 Louisiana Tech. The Bulldogs look legit, having scored victories over the likes of Mississippi State and Fresno State.

In the other corner, we have 6-6 Northern Illinois. The Huskies' biggest wins? They came over, well, no one. NIU beat no team that is going to a bowl. The biggest pluses on the Huskies' résumé are close losses to Minnesota (31-27), Western Michigan (29-26) and Tennessee (13-9).
    "We were picked dead last in our conference," said Northern Illinois coach Jerry Kill, in his first season after being hired away from Southern Illinois.

if they are that much better why arent they favored by more in a virtual "home game"

Kronc

I do think it will be a close game for at least 3 qts, but the running game of LaTech should prevail in the 4th qt.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

why are so many making this there best bet for the bowls
    someone explain how Latech is the play here. looks like a coin flip to me
    heres a writeup from sportsnetworks

The Bulldogs thought they had a find in Taylor Bennett at quarterback this season, but he had very little success during his time under center with just two touchdowns and six interceptions, while completing a mere 39.5 percent of his attempts. So, in steps Ross Jenkins to try and get something started and, while his numbers were better than Bennett's, the signal-caller finishing with seven TDs and three picks, the fact remains that the Bulldogs are far from a passing team.

"More than anything, I feel bad for the seniors with this being their last home game and us letting it slip away," said Jenkins after the loss to Nevada. "We really wanted to win it for them especially. I guess it does help a little that we are still going to a bowl game."

Tech ranked last in the Western Athletic Conference and 102 in the nation with a mere 157 ypg through the air, relying more on the running game to fight their way through opponents. With 195 ypg the Bulldogs were second in the WAC and 25th nationally on the ground, thanks in large part to Daniel Porter who was third in the league with his 90.5 ypg. Porter and Patrick Jackson each scored eight rushing touchdowns to pace the group. Giving the team a lift at receiver and on special teams was Phillip Livas, who can easily break a play wide open to change the complexion of a game.

Perhaps it had something to do with not being able to practice against a quality passing attack, but the Bulldogs had one of the worst pass defenses in the nation this past season. The squad allowed an unsightly 279.9 ypg through the air and had a pass efficiency defense rating of 138.34, placing them eighth in the conference and 93rd in the country. Opponents more than likely opted to test the secondary more than anything this season, which is why the run defense for the Bulldogs was ranked second in the WAC and 11th in the country with a mere 99.8 ypg allowed.

Antonio Baker averaged 9.25 tackles per game to lead the unit, ranking him second in the league and tied for 21st in the country during the regular season. With barely half the number of total tackles as Baker, D'Anthony Smith turned his 64 stops into eight tackles for loss and five sacks, both of which led the program in 2008. Weldon Brown (61 tackles) paced the group with his four interceptions.

The offense for the Huskies this season was rather scattered as several running backs had a chance to make an impression. Me'co Brown led the group with his 508 yards on 109 carries, but all of that action put him into the end zone just two times. Next on the list was quarterback Chandler Harnish, who finished out the season as the starting signal-caller, rolling up 478 yards and four scores on the ground. In the air, Harnish completed 57.3 percent of his attempts for seven touchdowns, but he was also picked off seven times along the way. Chad Spann carried the ball 74 times, but in his case he tallied a team-best eight touchdowns, providing the Huskies with several different looks coming out of the backfield. The team's passing offense (162.0 ypg) ranked 13th in the MAC and was 101st on the nation, while the running game produced 172.8 ypg and placed the group third in the conference and a more respectable 38th nationally.

The Huskies had the top-ranked pass defenses in the Mid-American Conference and ranked fifth in the nation overall this season with a mere 162.5 ypg allowed. However, a closer look inside the numbers reveals several opponents on the schedule that had trouble passing the ball in the first place. Bowling Green was allowed just 92 yards in late October and Navy, notorious for keeping the ball on the ground at all costs, generated a mere 32 yards through the air.

"Any time you lose a game you will be disappointed," coach Kill said after the loss to the Midshipmen. "If you are a competitor, you're disappointed. You can't control everything that happens. You just try to get better every week. That is all you can ask for."
    The group did surrender 298 yards passing to Minnesota in the opener and another 310 yards versus Ball State, so not all is perfect with the group even if the stats may say so. Although, in terms of total defense, the Huskies were ranked first in the conference and 20th in the country with just 303.7 ypg allowed, so they must be doing something right. David Bryant led the group with his 76 tackles and was tied for the lead with three forced fumbles, while Larry English turned in a huge campaign with 15 TFLs and eight sacks on just 36 total stops.

"I am proud of this team," coach Dooley noted of his Bulldogs after the regular season-ending loss to Nevada. "It has been a great season. We had a lot of injuries and we are young."

Unfortunately, even with the local ground supporting them, the 'Dogs will need a huge effort this weekend to close out 2008 on a positive note. Sports Network Predicted Outcome: Northern Illinois 31, Louisiana Tech 20

Husker36

Quote Originally Posted by jholl View Post
    if they are that much better why arent they favored by more in a virtual "home game"
    Why was Notre Dame only favored by 2? You can't judge the outcome of a game by the line!

Husker36

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    I've been on L Tech the whole time. Just have not gotten to posting about this game. Guru has been on this game as well.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I'm on Northern Illinois tonight. I have to agree that, if you look at this statistically, it makes some sense to go with La Tech combined with the home field advantage.

I don't know.......I like UNI's defense. They have had some problems on the offensive side of the ball. I guess, in general, I like the MAC. Not a lot of people are giving UNI a chance tonight. I'm going contrarian on this one. The heavy line move on this just doesn't feel right to me.

E

guru-t

Quote Originally Posted by guru-t View Post
    I've been on Latech since this game was lined so don't include me.I put them as one of my best bets in the best bet thread.Check it out!
    The Proof is in the pudding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Husker36

Here are my picks for tomorrow.

NC ST +7
    Missouri -12.5

I'll explain why tomorrow

guru-t

NC ST +7
    Missouri -12.5

On NcSt as well.Hooked them at+8.Don't know about the MIZZ game yet.I'm actually leaning over the 66.I think this is going to be a real shootout!

Kronc

NC ST +7
    Missouri -12.5

Those both look good

demize21
    demize21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

LA TECH ML 13u

Slate
    Slate's Avatar Become A Pro!

N Ill +3 it is for me and the over 46

I am new here but have been watching this forum for 6 months

guru-t

Quote Originally Posted by Slate View Post
    N Ill +3 it is for me and the over 46
    GL with that!

demize21

Quote Originally Posted by guru-t View Post
    GL with that!
    you can say that again brother dunno if its teh xanies but i just dropped an adittional 13 u on ml aside from last week wager of 3 units when they were plus the 1.5 this is come back mode for my boy GURU so go BIG or go HOME!!!

demize21

usually when the gut gets that felling its a w***!!!!! ytd on bowls 6-3 excluding teasers and half bets

guru-t

50 minutes from big$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.Talk to you at the half!My girl gonna get on the computer!

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

La Tech for me, NIU made me lost much money betting on them.

tbond10
    tbond10's Avatar Become A Pro!

Game looks like a coin flip to me... Shitty bowl game in my opinion. Sorry to those that root for one of these teams.

I'll take NIU ML small

demize21

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guru-t

Never a doubt!Congrats demize!Victory Valium and a Nug puff.No Xanies at the moment but Vs will do!