jazzyj7
    jazzyj7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1160

WOW, clemson+7. get on it!

I live 15 minutes away from the chokies stadium. Tech is the most overrated team in the country. They've played three scrub teams. app. state, marshall, and east carolina. Against east carolina they barely won, and logan thomas threw for like 87 yards. The +7 for clemson is a garunteed money in the bank. I'd take clemson for the moneyline as well. chokies will indeed choke in this one.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

App State is not s scrub team.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    App State is not s scrub team.
    he goes there..

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

was expecting and hoping for a thread like this. please drop the line to hokies -6.5

caseyking2
    Clemson Tigers!!
    caseyking2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

I'm a huge Clemson fan and Alumni and I don't know if I would touch this one. I may jump all over it by Saturday but the thing that scares me is Clemson's punting. FSU almost blocked 2 punts and Va Tech is known for their superb special teams. Special teams may be the deciding factor in this game. Watch out for Sammy Watkins the freshman is something special

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    he goes there..
    Nope I went to another college in North Carolina but many of my friends have went to App St. Calling a three time FCS National Champion a scrub team is about stupid as you.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

clemson sucker bet of the week

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyj7 View Post
    I live 15 minutes away from the chokies stadium.
    Damn you really live in the middle of nowhere.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    Nope I went to another college in North Carolina but many of my friends have went to App St. Calling a three time FCS National Champion a scrub team is about stupid as you.
    C'mon man......they couldn't even score an offensive TD against Chattanooga last week and gave up 66 points and over 500 yards to VaTech. This ain't the Appy St team from 3 or 4 years ago.

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I like Clemson in this game. They are on a roll and VT hasn't shown much yet. It should be an interesting game.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

VT is the play.

If you can get it at -6.5, get it.

funnyman
    funnyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5616

Guy goes to a college in North Carolina and says "have went". Good luck when you write a resume applying for a job.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    was expecting and hoping for a thread like this. please drop the line to hokies -6.5
    I'm starting to get a man crush on you dude.

CindyCryBaby
    CindyCryBaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2143

tech special teams

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

Va tech has yet to show anything. Thomas doesn't seem to be qb that I could trust. But I'll probably play Tech.

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24844

Got to love Clemson on this one +7!!!!! It will be a good game but Clemson is tough and will not lose by that line.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    VT is the play. If you can get it at -6.5, get it.

• Tigers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games as a road underdog of 3.5-10.0.
    • Tigers are 11-2 ATS in their last 13 games as an underdog of 3.5-10.0.
    • Tigers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
    • Tigers are 10-2 ATS in their last 12 games as a road underdog

Tigers were terrible last year and still managed to play a 3 point game on the road against Cam Newton and the #1 team in the country This is the best underdog play I have seen so far this year in college football

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

lean tech here, clemson on road is a totally different team... and no matter what u think of va tech they have been on of the most consistent teams year in and year out... they win games like this ...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    • Tigers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.

Tigers were terrible last year and still managed to play a 3 point game on the road against Cam Newton and the #1 team in the country This is the best underdog play I have seen so far this year in college football

you and those dam trends...

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    you and those dam trends...

the trends are pretty incredible here. Even as a really bad team last year, they were a great road dog choice. We're talking about a 6-6 team that played a 3 point game against the best team in the country on the road

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    lean tech here, clemson on road is a totally different team... and no matter what u think of va tech they have been on of the most consistent teams year in and year out... they win games like this ...

Vtech also had tyrod taylor for several years

their QB position right now is a disaster with the way their new guy is playing. You take away Taylor from last year's vtech team and they would not have covered the spread any of their games against good teams

look at FSU game last year, they scored 44 points and covered the spread because Taylor had an immaculate game. Put in logan thomas and they lose that game like 33-20

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Clemson Tigers were up by 17 and managed to lose by 3.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Holy fuk
    Brahma likes a dog

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by priskilla22 View Post
    The Clemson Tigers were up by 17 and managed to lose by 3.

so?? they were a 6-6 team facing the #1 team in the country, the fact that they didn't lose by 50 is impressive enough on it's own

I think the people wanting to take Virginia Tech are just looking at the Vtech name without analyzing their roster. This is really not that good of a team and the only reason reason they're getting so much love is because of their history

-their main QB logan thomas is a guy who is only completing 57% of his passes with as many INTs as Touchdowns against 4 of the worst teams in all of college football

- this defense, though it has played well so far, is projected to be slightly above average

the only thing Vtech has going for themselves is a great running game, but how can you really expect a convincing win being 1 dimensional??

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

The more brahmabull talks the more i like VT
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jarvol

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    The more brahmabull talks the more i like VT

you really want me to post all my college football plays this year??? My record is something like 12-4 on my posted plays

miketp223
    miketp223's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's a night game in Blacksburg? That's a tough place to play. Most of you folks are betting Va Tech because you think Clemson will be rattled. While Clemson's Defense is overrated their offense is not, primarily their speed weapons Andre Ellington and Sammy Watkins. Does Tajh Boyd have to throw it deep or into coverage? Not really. He just needs to get the ball into their hands whether it be an outside sweep or handoff, rb screen or wr screen.
    VT defense has been strong though always, top in the nation this year, that is against mediocre teams. Arkansas St, ECU, Marshall, not bad teams but not good either. ACC game, this will be close.
    Clemson's first road game, and they're usually not good on the road.
    Clemson 28 VT 24

brahmabull117

I don't understand the people saying Clemson is not a good road team

clemson, for gambling purposes, is an awesome road team. Who gives a sht if they lose as long as they keep it close?? This is a spread play not a moneyline play

Road games 2010

- 3 point loss @ Auburn
    - 5 point loss @ UNC
    - 6 point loss @ BC
    - 3 point loss @ FSU

- 3 point loss at Gtech
    - 3 point loss @ Maryland
    - 3 point win @ ranked Miami
    - 20 pt win @ NCST
    - 17 point loss @ South Carolina

and Clemson was a terrible team in 2009 and 2010. This is the best version of the tigers in a long long time

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

you really want me to post all my college football plays this year??? My record is something like 12-4 on my posted plays

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

This line is confusing. Logan Thomas hasnt shown anything except when u rush him he can make plays and avoid the sack. David Wilson is having a heisman like year vs some bad teams. the rest is a bunch of unknowns, and dont bank on beamer ball coming thru this game, beamer ball hasnt been the same since 2 yrs ago. 3 games went as planned, ECU always plays us tough they beat us 2 yrs ago on opening day so that 17-10 score doesnt surprise me. what the ECU score doesnt show is how we dominated a pretty good offense and held the ball for 38 minutes, in all the games they dominated TOP. we had 12 penalties that game to ECU's none. the other thing VT has done so far is stop u on 3rd down, and kicking to Jayron Hosley is a bitch and he can make u pay. VT is young and not disciplined if u want to make a play, do clemson in a teaser or take the over, im not sold on these hokies just yet.

stevenash

^
    Why are you still posting here attention whore.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

^ why arent u a pro yet?

btw i said i would stop posting, didnt specify a time length, read the fine print before u sign bitch

stevenash

I'm not a pro yet because I know it pisses you off.

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Gonna be a game to watch but my money is on Clemson to win outright.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011

Quote Originally Posted by funnyman View Post
    Guy goes to a college in North Carolina and says "have went". Good luck when you write a resume applying for a job.
    doubt you even make close to what I make funnyman

Coach Jake
    Winning
    Coach Jake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 480

I think it will be a good game. Looking at this season's stats Clemson is a better team by far. Looking at pre-season stats, VT is clearly the better team. The last time these teams played Virginia Tech went up 24-3 at half with only 43 yards of offense and won 41-23. Tech is the 6th in the nation in scoring defense, Clemson is 66th...has anyone even mentioned the 27 points Clemson gave up to Wofford?

Clemson's offense is on fire at home, but if Tajh stays down on one of the 10+ times he hits the turf a game then the game is over Oregon-LSU style. Boyd has already been sacked 9 times and the Clemson backup qb has 1 pass attempt all season. Virginia Tech has 14 sacks so far, 8th in the country. If it does come to a close game then Clemson wins the battle of the kickers, but not by much.

Overall i'm an offensive coach so I like Clemson and hate VT's scheme, but there are alot of potential blowout factors for Tech if they get rolling or if Taj goes down. Very small play on Clemson just to make the game exciting, lol

12 Last