The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Auburn +4 vs Clemson

Line just opened on bookmaker. What am I missing?

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Clemson is at home they will play lights out versus auburn. I expect it to be another close game, within a td. This is the beginning of a brutal three game stretch for clemson, and they will need some positive momentum going into the next cpl weeks games against fsu, then on the road to va tech.

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Death Valley is a tough place to play at. Clemson could be a sleeper especially since Auburn has been crazy so far. I like Auburn however.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Auburn had a shaky start against Utah State but the offense looks to be in top form now after putting up 41 on Miss State. Clemson was having some serious issues with Div III Wofford. I know it should be a close game, but 4 points for Auburn? I had to take it.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

you're missing he part where you're delusional for thinking this Auburn team is worth a shit

could be 0-2 at home and now they're on the road at Clemson in a huge letdown spot. Clemson struggled vs. Wofford, but should win by a TD+ here

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    you're missing he part where you're delusional for thinking this Auburn team is worth a shit

could be 0-2 at home and now they're on the road at Clemson in a huge letdown spot. Clemson struggled vs. Wofford, but should win by a TD+ here
    Totally agree. Clemson should of won against a much better Auburn team last year.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

I'm kind of liking Clemson here. I will wait till the public pound it down to atleast a field goal. I would love to get 3.

** people think about it... How will this young yes YOUNG Auburn team play on the road. I'm liking Clemson here. And as for as last week I think Clemson was looking ahead to this game

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by RGG View Post
    Death Valley is used to be a tough place to play at.
    The 80s and early 90s are a distant memory.

ck021
    ck021's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

I like auburn as a dog don't think I'd take em at anything less than 4 though

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hated Auburn last week against Mississippi St and I was wrong and I love them this week and could be wrong.

I think all the talk about how Auburn was Cam's team and how they can't live up to being defending National Champs without Newton has been inspiration for this team. Are they are good? No! Could they be better? Maybe.

I know how that sounds but I don't mean better as in winning another National Championship I mean better as in not having to rely on one guy to win them a game. they can become a better overall team. Especially if everyone and their brother (this includes me) keeps saying how they will fall flat this year and allows them to play all disrespected and with a chip on their shoulder.

Fact is this team has found ways to win. They came back against Utah St in a game they were expected to win big in. Former Auburn teams might have crumbled but this team found a way to pull it out. They were behind against Mississippi St but they fought back and they held strong in a goaline stand.

You can't look at this Auburn team and say WOW, look at what a loaded team they are but they have heart and they be all accounts so far are resilient.

I've already posted Auburn as a play and it may lose but I feel good about it for now.

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Auburn got so dam lucky lol. Miss st. clearly outplayed them for 3 straight quarters.

This should be the let down spot for them. But take Auburn + 4 ! right now for a middle oppurtunity/buy back later if interested. Public should overreact as usual and pound this by game time and you should be a -3 or better on Clemson. Clemson is the right side.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

wal you write all that and it's nothing but complete crap with no substance or facts whatsoever

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10536

clemson d is faster than they have seen in a long time , clemson is the play at home

wal66

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    wal you write all that and it's nothing but complete crap with no substance or facts whatsoever

Sunde, it's cool and what's more you aren't forced to read it.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Well we all know what the difference is between a team loaded with talent vs a team with a lot of heart. Auburn has proved the latter and that gets you a long way. Clemson isn't a powerhouse by any stretch of the imagination. I think Auburn goes in there and pulls out a 4th quarter comeback to win by a field goal.

Ca$hfloW
    Ca$hfloW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

The only reason I need to be on Clemson is the stat about unranked teams who are favorites vs. Ranked opponents. Not sure what the record is but it is VERY good. Clemson covers

wal66

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$hfloW View Post
    The only reason I need to be on Clemson is the stat about unranked teams who are favorites vs. Ranked opponents. Not sure what the record is but it is VERY good. Clemson covers
    I thought the same last week in the Missouri/Arizona St game, I even sent a text to a buddy about this. Then I remembered that while this is a general rule of thumb it applies more to college basketball than football.

Not saying Clemson doesn't cover just saw you post and made me reflect back to my thoughts last week.

Ca$hfloW
    Ca$hfloW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

Quote Originally Posted by wal66 View Post
    I thought the same last week in the Missouri/Arizona St game, I even sent a text to a buddy about this. Then I remembered that while this is a general rule of thumb it applies more to college basketball than football.

Not saying Clemson doesn't cover just saw you post and made me reflect back to my thoughts last week.
    Ya I know last week it didnt work out but I think a line of 10 is different than a smaller line like this one, I would never lay 10 points at the beginning of the season.

Lion4Life
    Lion4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    clemson d is faster than they have seen in a long time , clemson is the play at home
    That fast Clemson D gave up over 400 total yards to Troy, and 27 points and almost 400 total yards, including 272 on the ground to Wofford.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jarvol

wal66

I just hope it's a good game cover or not. Lose but keep it close and I can feel like while wrong I was justified in my opinion. Win and I win my posted play. Only real negative is a Clemson route.

Boxer300
    Boxer300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Miss. St. would have no problems with Clemson. This team is poorly coached, they have a terrible QB, and their D has looked bad. They do have a good RB, but overall they are overrated. I think it will be close, with lucky Auburn going 3-0.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Clemson struggled badly against Troy and Wofford......Their QB and offense as a whole is pretty awful and their D looks to be severly overrated. Auburn still has a lot of playmakers on their offense with very good coaching. Don't see how you can take Clemson giving any points here and feel confident, they're not a good team and have bad coaching as well. Auburn's offense will be too much IMO

Taking Auburn + the points, big

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Tough to bet against the home team in a sorta-rivalry game. Going to wait for this line to go down a little bit more hopefully, maybe will be able to get it at 2.5pts.
    Last year Clemson kept it real close and they have most of their guys back.

I am a little bit scared when it comes to Clemson's run defense. Did not look great last game, gave up 272 yards on 57 attempts, but at the same time Wofford only threw the ball 8 times all game!!

Run d looked better against Troy and without one long run of 56 yards the run d would look much better in that game.

Was thinking the over would be a good bet if the number was around 54pts, but they set it at 59pts, which is more difficult to bet.

Auburn has been outplayed in both games this year statistically, a lot like some of those games last year actually, and has won. Interesting game....