Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Brian Kelly takes a shot at Ohio State

Life is frustrating for Brian Kelly right now. He's the head coach of a Notre Dame team that really should be 2-0 on the season, but is 0-2 thanks to ten turnovers -- five in the red zone -- in two games, and Denard Robinson. Kelly also believes that Notre Dame's schedule is a big reason why the team is 0-2, as he believes his team is playing tougher games this early in the season than some of its counterparts, like, say, Ohio State.

“We’ve made so many mistakes against two pretty tough teams coming out,” Kelly told the Chicago Sun-Times. “Again, as you see the schedule, Ohio State is playing Toledo. I mean, teams are playing easy games early on in the schedule. We don’t get that luxury. We have to go play in front of 115,000 [at Michigan Stadium]. Those mistakes are more glaring against opponents that are physically pretty good, as well.

“I believe that we’re going to be a good football team. We won’t be until we clean up the little things that keep popping up on Saturdays.”

Why Kelly felt the need to take a shot at Ohio State's early season schedule, I'm not sure. What's further confusing about it is that Kelly is also taking a veiled shot at Toledo, a school that gave Ohio State just about all it could handle on Saturday, and one of the best members of the MAC conference which is exactly where Kelly helped make a name for himself coaching at Central Michigan. It was hardly an "easy game" for the Buckeyes.

Personally, instead of making excuses for the team's start by pointing out how tough Notre Dame's schedule is, I feel like Kelly should say that his team just isn't that good right now. After all, whether the Irish were playing South Florida, Michigan, Toledo or some tiny FCS school, it wasn't those teams fumbling at the goal line or making terribly advised passes in the red zone.

It was Notre Dame and the Irish have nothing to blame but themselves for this start.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

deflect.

Toledo would give a lot of teams fits... particularly teams missing their #1 rb, wr, and OL, in addition to 5 other key players

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

poor Kelly must've just realized that there is no Army or Western Michigan on ND's schedule this season.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

All of the big time schools play scrubs.

Florida St just got done playing Charleston Southern, Alabama played Georgia St, which was having its inaugural season.

That is how you play in bowl games.. schedule wins.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oompa loompa doopadee doo its bad when your coaches face turns purple and blue, oompa loompa doopadee dee it only gets worse when u go 0-3

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

ND's "prestigious" schedule comes with the allure and territory of the job. If you can't handle the schedule, don't accept the job...or the millions of dollars it pays.

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

At least Ohio State is winning...

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Tell Mr. Kelly he owes me some money for that performance. BTW THE OHIO STATE beats wolverines like a red headed stepchild!

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

as if it werent clear enough Kelly is the biggest cry baby in the country

bitches non stop at individual players and coaches for the overall incompetency of the team (his responsibility)

Notre Dame's schedule is typically filled with teams like Cuse, Navy, PITT, UCONN, Purdue, BC. They've lost to all of them in the last few years.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Very nice Bet Master

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

tell him to sht the **** up, everyone schedules baby teams, but you cant as are independent and must get decent wins to make BCS...SHUT UP ALL YOU ND HOMOS

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kelly is another bright bulb, about to go black

I'm sure NONE of this red zone stuff is his fault. I don't think he's yelled enough.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

So what does ND do now? They've paid buckets of money to a handful of guys to try bring back the glory years and they've all failed/are failing.

They'd be better off giving a few of those buckets of cash to the players like everyone else is...unless they're doing that too.

dozer
    dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!

ummmmm, osu is a disgrace, and isnt what he said true?

Sportsnut1968
    Sportsnut1968's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Everyone is taking shots at Ohio State.....Mr Kelly knew what he was getting into when he took the job.....Notre Dame is a big time college program....Get use to the pressure, or go else where....Now back to Ohio State....Not only do we have key starters gone...But, Jordan Hall and Travis Howard are both out....Miami will handle OSU this weekend playing the revenge card

thisisit
    thisisit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Cannot wait till he gets fired, still can't believe how little shit he got for killing that kid in the spring! The kid was scared as hell up there, but knew if he came down Kelly would have replaced him asap. I can guarantee that if it was one of his star players up there he would have brought him down in 20mph winds.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kelly should worry less about Ohio St and other teams and worry about his own sorry team.

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Notre Dame fan here. kelly is wearing thin on me all ready. There is nothing daunting about two teams that will most likely finish 7-5....

We have a bunch of average teams on our schedule. teams like PSU, OSU, LSU, BAMA, any big ten or SEC school schedule patsy's at the beginning but have an over all tougher season by playing more ranked and top tier teams.

This guy needs to STFU and do what he is getting paid for. Beat the average teams, and do the best we can against the top tier teams like USC and Stanford, We should be at least 9-3 each year if not 10-2 with our schedule.

He needs to STFU

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

The Irish lost those games. Gave 'em away. Whose to say they wouldn't do the exact same thing to Toledo?

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by dozer View Post
    ummmmm, osu is a disgrace, and isnt what he said true?

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

ND plays Navy, Wake Forest, Maryland, Boston college etc....Not exactly top tier teams.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ohio State always beats Michigan and what happened last time Notre Dame and Ohio State played???

anyways Notre Dame could soon be 0-3

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is Jordan Hall not playing again this weekend?

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Hey Brian, how about coaching up your DB's instead of chewing your QB all game from start to finish. You're starting to look like Jeff Tedford.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Brian fuked up when he left Cincy, except financially wise. Won 2 BigEast Championships and was in B2B BCS games.
    Yes u know what team i root for.

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMAN View Post
    tell him to sht the **** up, everyone schedules baby teams, but you cant as are independent and must get decent wins to make BCS...SHUT UP ALL YOU ND HOMOS

"......all you ND homos"........ I'm not following how Brian Kelly crying about playing Michigan and not Toledo classifies everyone posting as .... ALL ND homos

And I think his point is playing Charleston Southern or Appalachian State is not the same as USF and Michigan.... but loading up on Patsies, isnt that how the SEC pads their records? Ga. Southern...Elon ... Coastal Carolina .. yeah top tier teams

Sportsnut1968
    Sportsnut1968's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jordan Hall won't be playing this weekend

Pasadena69ers
    Pasadena69ers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Could this all be Bad Karma created by the death of the student who recorded the practices??

LittleLarryY
    LittleLarryY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

I'm pretty sure Luke Fickell would trade his season schedule for Brian Kelly's, except for the fact that ND doesn't have the strongest schedule. Kelly is being a baby about this. Like everybody is told in grade school: "Brian, you worry about what you are doing and let Ohio State worry about what they are doing".

As for OSU being a disgrace, yes and no. More and more, this stuff is coming out. If I were a betting man, I'd say the stuff that went down at OSU has been rampant for 30 years or better at most every school in the country. Tressel fell on the sword. I'd bet an arm that he notified who he needed to and they hushed it up, news came out and Tressel was the casualty.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

"the little sisters of the poor" that thing the ohio state athletic director or president said last year.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsnut1968 View Post
    Jordan Hall won't be playing this weekend
    Oops

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Relax. Early on in the season is when you need to be playing cupcakes cause- yes these kids will make many early on. Notre Dame needs to do this

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

How funny would it be if they go 0-12

Mich St, Sparty wins this game IMO, even in South Bend
    @ Pitt, if the Panthers' O is finally clicking, that's a L
    @ Purdue, on the road is never easy even if it is against Purdue
    Air Force, The Academy beats them
    USC, they play SC tough if my memory serves me right but Lane is a prick and won't let them lose to the bigger prick Kelly
    Navy, always play ND tough and this year will be no different... don't turn the ball over.. ND will bury themselves here
    @ Wake, Decons will beat them at home
    Maryland, Terps have a good shot, even at South Bend
    BC, banking on at this point they have no morale left, lol
    @ Stanford, ugly

I guess the only good thing for the Irish is they have Air Force, Navy, and Maryland all in South Bend because if not they definetly lose all 3 of those games. I am interested how this turns out but I don't see them getting bowl eligible and I only feel they have an outside shot because of having these teams listed at home.

Really hope they go 0-12, hate that Prick Kelly and not the biggest ND fan anyways.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena69ers View Post
    Could this all be Bad Karma created by the death of the student who recorded the practices??
    They have sucked for quite a while now.

thenatti
    thenatti's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Join a conference buddy and you wouldn't have to schedule the way you do!

12 Last