miketp223
    miketp223's Avatar Become A Pro!

Weird Lines For College Football Week 2

FIU(away) +4 to Louisville. Lousiville beat murray st by 12.
    Oregon St(away) +17.5 to Wisconsin. OSU just lost to Sacramento St
    DUke(home) +18.5 to Stanford. Duke just lost to Richmond.
    2 teams coming off losses to FCS schools. Lines seem a tad low.

Other weird lines: TCU only favored by 2.5 at Air Force. Does Airforce have RG3 and a passing offense like that?

Anybody checked out next week's lines yet? Any initial thoughts?

Greyraptor
    Greyraptor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry, haven't checked out the early lines yet. Evaluating the Thursday night NFL game currently between Saints-Packers.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Like the FIU bet, Louisville had a tough time stopping Murray St on the ground and FIU can pound a little bit.

Also will be on TCU

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

I like ND -4 vs. Michigan

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

awesome will check them later tonight. having a draft

miketp223
    miketp223's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    Like the FIU bet, Louisville had a tough time stopping Murray St on the ground and FIU can pound a little bit.

Also will be on TCU
    I like FIU a lot. A lot of Miami boys playing in that FIU Louisville game. Should be good. TCU i got to look at. I still think they're a decent team this year. Like a lot of underdogs.

I also bet everybody and their dog is going to be on MISS St -6 against Auburn

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Some other lines that look tempting,

Washington (at home) -3 vs Hawaii seems a little low, was thinking it would be about -4.5. UW gets all the kids Hawaii wants and it is in Washington. EWU had a Moniz type of qb and he did have a great game, but one would think that UW gets exposed in that first game and tightens up in this second game. Was hoping for some rain to sure up the play, but next saturday in Seattle looks like it is going to be sunny and 70+ degrees.

Cal at -4.5 at Colorado seems like a decent number, but I just don't see how Cal does not blow Colorado out. Cal is so talented and Maynard looks real good, and Colorado showed nothing against Hawaii, that team actually looks worse than last year.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Fresno +28 looks like way to many points.

madworld
    madworld's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    Some other lines that look tempting,

Washington (at home) -3 vs Hawaii seems a little low, was thinking it would be about -4.5. UW gets all the kids Hawaii wants and it is in Washington. EWU had a Moniz type of qb and he did have a great game, but one would think that UW gets exposed in that first game and tightens up in this second game. Was hoping for some rain to sure up the play, but next saturday in Seattle looks like it is going to be sunny and 70+ degrees.

Cal at -4.5 at Colorado seems like a decent number, but I just don't see how Cal does not blow Colorado out. Cal is so talented and Maynard looks real good, and Colorado showed nothing against Hawaii, that team actually looks worse than last year.
    This is a tough game to bet on. Initially Cal looks like the good pick, but 2 things detour me from betting them. 1) Cal struggles on the road, and they have consitently for the past 3 years. 2) It's hard to look at Colorado's first game in Hawaii and see what kind of team they are. Hawaii is a tough place to play, I think sometimes the players are still on vacation when game time starts.
    If there is RLM here on Saturday, I wouldn't be suprised and might even place a small wager for Colorado. The pac12 game I like is Utah @ USC. Utah has a lot of ?'s still, but so does USC. 10.5 points is a lot of points to give. espically after USC should have beat up on a weaker Minnesota team. I think Utah keeps this close in a low scoring defensive battle. If the line falls below 10 I will not bet it.

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

STANFORD -- the line was low in week 1 at -28.5 and they beat then by 54, hammer it