csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

Why Do People like SMU

Im not saying its dumb to pick them +16 but Im just wondering what the reasoning is besides ESPN saying this is an upset alert and praising June Jones like he won the national championship last year. I have a million reasons why I like A&M for this one but can't think of any for SMU. What has SMU done the past few years or this upcoming season for so many people to like that play. Not to mention its at a sold out home field in College Station, Tx where A&M crowd is going to be rocking with anticipation for the SEC announcement.

Just wanted to see what I was missing. I know SMU has a good QB but so does A&M and I know they have a good receiver but A&M has like 8 that would start for SMU any day of the week. Running backs wise, both of A&M's could probably complete a 400m dash before SMUs could run a 200m. Idk. Once again Im not trying to bash anyones opinions these are just mine.

Lastly, A&M has 10 returning staters on offense and 8 returning starters on defense. Are you kidding me. This is the same team that beat Oklahoma by 14 last year at the same field they are playing at tonight. BOL tonight.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

ESPN said Oregon was going to win last night (to make viewers watch the game) so if you are basing your picks on what ESPN says it's going to be bad for your bankroll.
    Points Awarded:

Darkside Magick gave pavyracer 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mrlegend28
    mrlegend28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 440

SMU is solid? June Jones high tempo air raid offense with Texas recruits? SMU is probably gonna be offered a spot if the Big 12 stays. I love them winning SU

csknight3

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    ESPN said Oregon was going to win last night (to make viewers watch the game) so if you are basing your picks on what ESPN says it's going to be bad for your bankroll.
    I said Im picking Texas A&M...Espn says SMU might upset them...I dont get what you are trying to say.

csknight3

Quote Originally Posted by mrlegend28 View Post
    SMU is solid? June Jones high tempo air raid offense with Texas recruits? SMU is probably gonna be offered a spot if the Big 12 stays. I love them winning SU
    Straight up? Thats a little bold. Have you ever been to Kyle Field or seen SMU or A&M play a football game?

ExperienceWins
    ExperienceWins's Avatar Become A Pro!

9 returning starters on offense for A&Mand 9 on D. SMU returns 10 offensive starters and 8 on D including one of the best players you will watch this year, kid is a play maker in Taylor Thompson. The coaching advantage for this game is WAY WAY WAY on the side of June Jones. SMU has some play makers all over the field and this is the only night game tonight for a reason. Don't get me wrong, Texas A&M could come out blazing and win by 300. However, with SMU you are betting on a team that is playing for everything, with a GREAT coach, and some very very quality play makers against a team that is not really playing for the same aspirations.

I don't think either play is a "dumb pick", just personally believe the "better" play is SMU. Doesn't mean it will win of course

grind4moneyz
    grind4moneyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 993

Late start today and I haven't looked over it thoroughly yet, but I'm liking the Over in this game, at first look.

mann2chc
    mann2chc's Avatar Become A Pro!

SMU will get smashed tonite... A&M are at home and if have been awake for the past 2 years u know that they are money machines at home ATS... Not sure of the record but they are an auto bet for me when at home (california is my other auto home bet team)... SMU has hope and hype on its side but A&M has players on their side and they should have this game in the bag by halftime... GL!!!

Greyraptor
    Greyraptor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like Pavyracer said, I don't listen to the talking heads on ESPN. Not sure if SMU will win SU like Mrlegend believes (that would be AWESOME) but because they DO have a good QB, because they DO play the Aggies tough (3-1 L4 ATS) I like them to keep it close and win again ATS especially since I was able to get it at +17. To me that is good line value.

csknight3

MY plays

Texas A&M over 36 Team Points (2x)

and

Texas A&M - 16 (1x)

Experience Wins I think youre a smart guy and I value your opinion. Good luck tonight my man even if we are on opposite sides tonight.

jasonw
    jasonw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

what he's saying is the way people are gonna watch is if they think it will be an upset or a close game, espn knows this and wants viewers for what should be an uneventful game.

ExperienceWins

Quote Originally Posted by Greyraptor View Post
    Like Pavyracer said, I don't listen to the talking heads on ESPN. Not sure if SMU will win SU like Mrlegend believes (that would be AWESOME) but because they DO have a good QB, because they DO play the Aggies tough (3-1 L4 ATS) I like them to keep it close and win again ATS especially since I was able to get it at +17. To me that is good line value.

Exactly, the value of betting this game lies on the side of SMU for sure. As we know, that doesn't always mean a lot lol. Good luck!!!!!

ExperienceWins

Quote Originally Posted by csknight3 View Post
    MY plays

Texas A&M over 36 Team Points (2x)

and

Texas A&M - 16 (1x)

Experience Wins I think youre a smart guy and I value your opinion. Good luck tonight my man even if we are on opposite sides tonight.

Good luck to you as well.....appreciate the compliment. What do you have the line at?

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

like has been mentioned in a few very good post. Jone Junes in his 3rd year (i believe) recruiting in the most fertile ground he has ever had the opportunity in, he has already made huge strides, the guy is i winner and his talent continues to get better. On the other hand it is hard to argue with what csk is saying about A&M, honestly feel like its a tough gm, gun to my head for a little degen junkie action id probably take the points (17 would be real nice but i doubt i see it), certainly wont be big though....BOL everyone

csknight3

Quote Originally Posted by jasonw View Post
    what he's saying is the way people are gonna watch is if they think it will be an upset or a close game, espn knows this and wants viewers for what should be an uneventful game.
    Ohhh okay I get what youre saying. But this game isn't on ESPN or even a national tv channel. Its only on locally in Texas

bmoy1920
    bmoy1920's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

SMU is 3-1 ATS in their last 4 but how long ago was their last game??? 1993 if I remember correctly... It hasn't been in the last 11 years. Aggies all the way. Tannehill will throw all over the mediocre at best defense.

csknight3

Like everyone is saying...I think we can all agree it wouldn't surprise us if A&M wins by 30+ but it also wouldnt surprise us if this one came down to the wire. The only big surprise would be if SMU actually beat A&M at home.

Greyraptor
    Greyraptor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ExperienceWins View Post
    Exactly, the value of betting this game lies on the side of SMU for sure. As we know, that doesn't always mean a lot lol. Good luck!!!!!
    You are so right. Doesn't always mean a lot indeed but thanks for the reply and GL to you as well tonight.

big cheyo
    big cheyo's Avatar Become A Pro!

yea i dont know if texas will win by more than 2 tds

csknight3

Hahahahah June Jones is such a better coach and SMU has so much more talent OMG!!!!! I dont even care if I win my bets and I jinx myself.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by csknight3 View Post
    Hahahahah June Jones is such a better coach and SMU has so much more talent OMG!!!!! I dont even care if I win my bets and I jinx myself.
    JJ has been a coaching nightmare in this game.

Just one bad decision after another.

csknight3

That was sarcasm. I chose ATM over 36 and -16