+Even
    +Even's Avatar Become A Pro!

5Dimes open parlays, this could be fun

Started using 5dimes recently after my old book closed and I'm liking the open parlays they offer. I plan to set up a 14 game open parlay for CFB and a 17 game open parlay for NFL and make one pick a week for each. Max parlay payout is $250K so I'm going $30 to win 250K on the 14teamer and $5 to win 250K on the 17teamer. My first play for CFB is:

Northwestern +2.5

And yes I do plan to win both and have 500K haha

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9255

Those last few legs will be terrifying to pick.

You'll deserve every cent of your half mill if you don't chew your fingers off by about leg 12

GL

hoku808pc
    hoku808pc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

Say i did this and by luck was to get to the final leg and end up hedging... $125,000 is a shitload of money to get wire transfered back to me in Hawaii... Is there any way the gov't finds out and somehow busts me for illegal gambling in a state where any form of gambling is illegal???

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by hoku808pc View Post
    Say i did this and by luck was to get to the final leg and end up hedging... $125,000 is a shitload of money to get wire transfered back to me in Hawaii... Is there any way the gov't finds out and somehow busts me for illegal gambling in a state where any form of gambling is illegal???
    Don't post retarded questions like this until you have atleast 10 wins in a row

hoku808pc
    hoku808pc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

HAHA... UFA!!!

Was just wondering buddy... No need for wise ass remarks...

crazymonkey
    crazymonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

how does this work? couldn't u place the bet at $30 dollars and just bet -500+ favs every week?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by crazymonkey View Post
    how does this work? couldn't u place the bet at $30 dollars and just bet -500+ favs every week?
    Yes.

Think you can pick 17 of them in a row?

Been trying it with Tennis for a month or so, where many matches go off with -2500 faves and I haven't got past 12 correct yet :\

easywinner
    easywinner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Yes.

Think you can pick 17 of them in a row?

Been trying it with Tennis for a month or so, where many matches go off with -2500 faves and I haven't got past 12 correct yet :\
    That's cause it's tennis. They don't give an all out effort unless it's a grandslam. It would be much easier to pick football games where every week matters for most teams then tennis matches imo.

Optional

Go for it then!

17 winners averaging -500 pays +2119. At -400 avg it pays +4341. -300 gets you +13300

mangina11
    mangina11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sounds like fun, I think ill try my luck as well

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by +Even View Post
    Started using 5dimes recently after my old book closed and I'm liking the open parlays they offer. I plan to set up a 14 game open parlay for CFB and a 17 game open parlay for NFL and make one pick a week for each. Max parlay payout is $250K so I'm going $30 to win 250K on the 14teamer and $5 to win 250K on the 17teamer. My first play for CFB is:

Northwestern +2.5

And yes I do plan to win both and have 500K haha
    I don't want to spoil your fun...because I enjoy parlays too but if you are going to pick just 1 game each week.... why would you do it in a parlay? If you played $30 and just doubled your -110 (or better) winnings each week you would have well over 250k at the end of the run of winning 14 games in a row.... Parlays are fun and great for events that start at the same time but with just 1 play a week you ought to just play straight while letting the original bet and winnings ride each week...

+Even

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlanta Steam View Post
    I don't want to spoil your fun...because I enjoy parlays too but if you are going to pick just 1 game each week.... why would you do it in a parlay? If you played $30 and just doubled your -110 (or better) winnings each week you would have well over 250k at the end of the run of winning 14 games in a row.... Parlays are fun and great for events that start at the same time but with just 1 play a week you ought to just play straight while letting the original bet and winnings ride each week...

The reason I'm doing it this way is because it will force me to pick just one game each week for each parlay, I think it gives me a better chance than a parlay where all games start at the same time. It also gives me more room to manuver if I get close to the end and just want big ML favorites to close it out. I could do what you're saying also and just roll over each weeks winnings, it works out the same way.

Ingram$
    Ingram$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Sounds interesting

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Open parlays are nonsense. Open teasers do offer an edge.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by +Even View Post
    The reason I'm doing it this way is because it will force me to pick just one game each week for each parlay, I think it gives me a better chance than a parlay where all games start at the same time. It also gives me more room to manuver if I get close to the end and just want big ML favorites to close it out. I could do what you're saying also and just roll over each weeks winnings, it works out the same way.
    It is not the same though... because I am just guessing that if you hit 13 in a row and were sitting on 125k you would want to stop and collect your winnings but you cant with the parlay unless you come up with hedge money... now I am not trying to guess at your bankroll but assuming you are playing a $30 parlay... I am pretty sure that you are not going to be able to readily come up with 125k to hedge your parlay at all the various outs...

Have some real discipline and bet each game each week without the thought of a big payout being screwed when you win 12 in a row and could have had 70k the simple and old fashioned way of winning lots of games but instead you take TCU to kill UNLV @ -800 and TCU lays an egg and you lose the lot....

+Even

Well I do bet games straight each week as well of course, I'm just doing this as something fun to see how far it can go with just one pick each week. Lets hope Northwestern covers Saturday otherwise it wouldnt have provided much fun haha