AdamStock1983
    AdamStock1983's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 384

South Carolina Vandy

Have not paid much attention to lines thus far. Was listening to a podcast where Krackman said the line was 10 but you can find 10.5 out there.

I looked online today at some opening week lines and I saw 6.5

When did this steam come in on Vandy?

Is there new information on the game?

Thanks

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

No idea what's going on here.....I obviously expect SC to win, but Vandy always plays the Gamecocks very tough

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

vandy should have good value as a home dog in game 1

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

under for the max

CharlestonCock
    Achilles tendon rupture SUCKS!!!
    CharlestonCock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

I thought the original preseason line was spot on, I watched it bounce back from 9.5 to 10 all summer. I can definitely see Carolina winning this one by 10. Last year SC beat them 21 to 3, in 2010 at Vandy, SC won 21 to 7 and then in 2009 it was a SC win 14 to 7. I believe the total on this one is at 37 or 37.5 if I remember correctly.

All though its early in Fall practice, I keep reading great things about the Gamecocks practice reports. I also have been trying to keep up with Vandy practice reports. Co. Franklin was upset with his team following practice yesterday, as he said the heat really got to them and their efforts. However, he went on to say that the heat cannot be an excuse. Here is a link to the write up in the Tennessean http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...sey=nav%7Chead

Anyway, I think its still a little early in fall practice to speculate. I'm not sure why the line change either as there hasn't been any major developments at either camp. I see this game being tight in the first half for sure; Thursday night home opener for Vandy and the last time we went up there on a Thursday we lost 24 to 17 in 2008. Vandy should be very pumped for this game but I dont see it lasting the entire game. Vandy's D will be tested by a stable of running backs. SC under Spurrier has already proven to be a run first offense especially with All American and Heisman hopeful Marcus Lattimore. With good RB's behind him in Kenny Miles and Brandon Wilds, SC will be able to wear down defenses this year with a steady running game. Don't forget Connor Shaw has some wheels too.

SC will prove to just be too talented for Vandy. With that said I'm going to say Carolina will score 4 TD's and hold Vandy to 10 or 13. I like it SC 28, Vandy 10.

nutinicnthndl
    nutinicnthndl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

agreed with charleston. riding SC hard in this game, vandy is a basketball school cant hang in sec football competition, especially with clowney , quarrels, and swearinger on D this team is going in to handle business. i have them at -7 and i expect the spread to climb to about 9

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

this line stinks now

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

likely some investors had the opinion that a conference double-digit road fav was too many points.

however, spurriers gamecocks are 11-2 SU and 8-5 ATS as road fav.

so.car good for a teaser.

noles79
    noles79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 310

Think sc will by atleast 2 tds. Lattimore will start season off right to show he is back 100%