BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Is the Oklahoma Sports Monitor legit?

Well there are two services that monitor the touts. The first and most well known is the Oklahoma Sports Monitor and the second is sports-watch.

A casual browsing of the OSM website reveals that every single tout being monitored has a winning record and winning at ungodly rates too. Knowing what I know about statistics I have to seriously question this. Is it possible not a single tout has a losing record? Here is the link to the OSM website:

http://www.thesportsmonitor.com/

On the other hand, sports-watch monitors far less touts but thier records are in direct contrast to the OSM. Most cappers monitored there are losing and it shows the units lost and what not. Here is the link:

http://sports-watch.com/

Anyone care to comment on this?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone else remember this one at all, because I can't remember all the details, but they did segment on this one a while back on HBO, and Bryant Gambal said that when he tried to find the place it did not exist.

paul Mordeeb
    paul Mordeeb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

I think they pay extra to turn in their picks after the Games!!! That is what Stu Feiner told me!

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

i always thought something was fishy about Thesportsmonitor myself. about sports-watch, a certain tout had his record and units won different than sports-watch in baseball this season. the tout on his site said he was up like 50+ units, but sports-watch had him at like +13. when i e-mailed him about it, he said sports-watch rates the units as a set rate and don't take in to account his GOTW or GOTM, blah blah blah.
    its all fishy, touts or monitoring sites, to me.

i guess if we can find someone who has alot of extra cash flow, maybe they could purchase some season picks from some well known touts and track it for us.

raiders72002
    raiders72002's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've never looked at a monitoring service but unless you see the plays and LINES beforehand I wouldn't put any stock in them.

raiders72002
    raiders72002's Avatar Become A Pro!

i guess if we can find someone who has alot of extra cash flow, maybe they could purchase some season picks from some well known touts and track it for us.
    get a group together and split it. I use to do this with guys before I learned that touts are just good salesmen.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72002 View Post
    get a group together and split it. I use to do this with guys before I learned that touts are just good salesmen.
    Save your money. A guy named Dino posts tons of touts picks at the rx forum. If interested look there instead of wasting your money buyinh the pick.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

frauds

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

nothing legitimate about monitors or the picks that the touts supply

hajune
    hajune's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Sports Monitor is legitimate. Think it through everybody. If there was phony plays from those who pay for picks it would be all over the internet. The Sports Moitor has been around for a long time and has a good reputation minus one handicapper. The handicappers who participate have been around a long time in many cases and have won many contests. If you think there is a conspiracy ,well that is up to you. It would be hard to control the 100+ handicappers and harder to keep em quiet.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

I was so excited! I thought BuddyBear had come back!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Who's ghost is hajune? He must be a harmless one. Used only for bumping. Someone is too chicken to bump a thread with their own name.

poetwarrior41
    poetwarrior41's Avatar Become A Pro!

Isnt buddy bear along time Gold ghost?

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

No.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

BuddyBear is someone that his IP address is banned at the moment.

bfis108137
    bfis108137's Avatar Become A Pro!

I won't say all the monitors are legit but I would say most of them are and here's why. If you look at the monitors archives usually you will see that most of the guys at the top this year weren't last year and in some cases were just pathetic. If they were paying I think they would get more play. Obviously you will see a few guys at the top this year and maybe last year were decent. Let's say he was 60% this season and last season he was 54%. That's believable.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

monitor is a stinking scam

they rated that mental retard WAYNE ALLEN ROOT at the top consistently

WAYNE ROOT is now bankrupt and his scam sport service, www.winningedge.com

if he is sooooooooo good, why is he sooooooooo bankrupt

ericc
    ericc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20509

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Well there are two services that monitor the touts. The first and most well known is the Oklahoma Sports Monitor and the second is sports-watch. A casual browsing of the OSM website reveals that every single tout being monitored has a winning record and winning at ungodly rates too. Knowing what I know about statistics I have to seriously question this. Is it possible not a single tout has a losing record? Here is the link to the OSM website: http://www.thesportsmonitor.com/ On the other hand, sports-watch monitors far less touts but thier records are in direct contrast to the OSM. Most cappers monitored there are losing and it shows the units lost and what not. Here is the link: http://sports-watch.com/ Anyone care to comment on this?
    sports watch doesn't seem to be active

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oklahoma Monitor (aka TSM) had rumors floated for years that the head of it (Ruth) was actually related to tout Special K (who knows if that could ever be verified)

My understanding is that the picks they monitor are legit, but there are a few things to consider:

#1 - While they track dozens (or hundreds) of guys, they only post the top few (hence the reason people see just winning records). As a tout, it's what you want. You get promoted when you're winning, and they hide you when you're losing. I think you go drill deeper into the site to see all the records - but I know it's not easy breezy to find.

#2 - They allow (or used to anyway) different Clubs. So if you're willing to pony up for it (as a tout) you could have

Joe LockHeads Super Steam Picks
    Joe Lockheads 5 System Winners
    Joe Lockheads Top Rated Picks

So without playing opposites (they wouldn't allow that) you can still basically be 3 cappers with 3 sets of picks. Hence the reason you see guys with big bank like Wayne Root, Big Al etc each year.

On a side note, it's amazing that with what touts pay to be monitored on that site, Ruth has not spent a dime on web design since they went with a geocities-esque layout years ago.

dfresh
    dfresh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cappers pay extra for their records to be "fixed" by TSM.

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

Quote Originally Posted by dfresh View Post
    Cappers pay extra for their records to be "fixed" by TSM.

You are wrong. I guarantee it. I have worked for many years for many different handicappers. The Oklahoma Sports Monitor was the main one I worked with. I actually had a couple of cappers, I won't say which ones, who asked me to try to get Ruth at TSM to change a record, eliminate a loser, or ad a winner. She would not do so.

The idiots who claim Special K got preferred treatment are just that: idiots. Why has Special K not continuously shown up at the top of the rankings if he is related?

What sucks with the Sports Monitor is they don't show losing records. But, they have all of the major cappers, the ones who actually make a living by capping, as compared to the other monitors because TSM charges hundreds of dollars to be monitored. Scammers or part-time cappers won't pay to be monitored.

orioles
    orioles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is this really a serious question?

BBQ Man
    BBQ Man's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by paul Mordeeb View Post
    I think they pay extra to turn in their picks after the Games!!! That is what Stu Feiner told me!
    I,ve heard this also!!

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Guyz, If Stu Feiner tells you something, anything.....it's a lie. He's a pathological liar. I do not know if the monitors are cheats but I know they have more credibility than that vile prick Feiner.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
    You are wrong. I guarantee it. I have worked for many years for many different handicappers. The Oklahoma Sports Monitor was the main one I worked with. I actually had a couple of cappers, I won't say which ones, who asked me to try to get Ruth at TSM to change a record, eliminate a loser, or ad a winner. She would not do so.

The idiots who claim Special K got preferred treatment are just that: idiots. Why has Special K not continuously shown up at the top of the rankings if he is related?

What sucks with the Sports Monitor is they don't show losing records. But, they have all of the major cappers, the ones who actually make a living by capping, as compared to the other monitors because TSM charges hundreds of dollars to be monitored. Scammers or part-time cappers won't pay to be monitored.
    This...

What people dont realize is they have a list that they will gladly send you via email has the record of every capper they are paid to track.... that list is much much longer than the list on the site showing winners...

I have emailed Ruth several times when I thought something was fishy (i.e. sudden number changes from week to week) and she always had reasonable and believable answers for everything... I also always complained about how crappy the website looks but beyond that she is a really nice lady who has ran a nice service to people who pay for picks for a long long time.