skers11
    skers11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 596

Why Nebraska runs the table

Game 1 Chattanooga: Dont gotta say anything

Game 2 Fresno St: FSU brings their anybody anywhere anytime philosophy to Lincoln, but lacks the athleticism to beat NU

Game 3 Washington: NU didnt give a f*ck bout the holiday bowl. This game is about payback

Game 4 @Wyoming: Dont gotta say anything

Game 5 @Wisconsin: This game scares me, but the 2011 badgers will look alot different, 4 returning starters on O and 6 starters on D, NU has a very good chance.

Game 6 Ohio St: Home Field advantage, rookie coach, 1st Big 10 Home game

Game 7 @Minnesota: NU coming off a bye, 2 weeks to prepare for Minnesota

Game 8 Mich St: ONE REASON NEBRASKA WINS: Yes, the Spartans were co-champions of the Big Ten Conference last year. But a lot of their wins were of the miraculous, nail-biting version. Typically, you don't see teams win a whole bunch of amazingly close games two years in a row. Instead, you tend to see those breaks go the other way the following year. Hangover. If you weren't convinced that much of Michigan State's record last year was smoke and mirrors, take a look at what Alabama did to them in the Capital One Bowl. It wasn't pretty. Plus the game is in Lincoln.

Game 9 Northwestern: ONE REASON NEBRASKA WINS: Depth. Northwestern's starting 11 on each side might match up with NU well but go a little deeper than those starters, and the Purples will struggle to keep up.

Game 10 @ Penn St: This game and the Wisconsin game concerns me the most. ONE REASON NEBRASKA WINS: Quarterback. Even with the drama of Taylor Martinez, the uncertainty of Bubba Starling and the departure of Cody Green, Nebraska's QB situation is still more settled than Penn State's.

Game 11 @ Michigan: ONE REASON NEBRASKA WINS: Transition. If Hoke is the guy to bring Michigan back, it's going to take him some time. Pelini is a defensive genius, he will have a scheme to stop Robinson.

Game 12 Iowa: Iowa returns 5 returning starters on Offense 4 on defense. nuff said

I

wookieehumper
    wookieehumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I don't think they beat Wisconsin at camp Randall. Plus they could slip in one game... It's not like their team is super talented

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

if Nebraska wins at Michigan, at PSU, and at Wisconsin, I will eat my shorts

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Nebraska has a very poor offense. They are anything but consistant, and if Martinez gets injured or does not play well, school is out. I can make a similar argument as to why Wisconsin will run the table, or why Michigan State can run the table, or why 10 other teams can run the table. The fact is that Nebraska is NOT going to run the table because their offinse will cost them games.

skers11

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Nebraska has a very poor offense. They are anything but consistant, and if Martinez gets injured or does not play well, school is out. I can make a similar argument as to why Wisconsin will run the table, or why Michigan State can run the table, or why 10 other teams can run the table. The fact is that Nebraska is NOT going to run the table because their offinse will cost them games.
    Taylor Martinez was a Heisman candidate and until his injury Nebraska offense was rolling. Do you remember how many 60+ scoring plays they had there first 6 games. Carl Pelini says this might be his best defense yet. NU got a conference all american at all 3 levels of defense. The refs in the big 12 had it out for NU when shit like this happened
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnKI80dYQsI&feature=fvst

and you cant make the same argument for Wisconsin cuz you have a brand new quarterback where is we have a returning heisman candidate at qb with a chip on his shoulder. You saw what Wisconsins high powered offense can do when they played a good d in TCU wait til they face another 1 in 2011 NU

We probably will lose 1 maybe 2 games but NU's offense will be much improved and its very possible for us to run the table. Bet them over season win total and to win big 10,
    Last edited by skers11; 06-04-11 at 02:28 PM. Reason: typo

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I agree that Nebraska has an excellect chance of winning the Big 10, but to say that Martinez is a Heisman Trophy Candidate reeks of homerism. Martinez is not close to the caliber of Luck, Moore, or Griffin. He is not mentioned in ANY Heisman talk. He is not even listed on the Greeks Heisman Candidate odds. He is nowheres close to being one of the top 20 players in the nation. You really have to quit being such a homer and making excuses for a poor offense. Remember, Nebraska is now playing in the Big 10, a conference that is a lot more physical than the Big 12 was. They also lose their PK and Punter, and that is significant. Nebraska winning the Big 10 is certainly possible. Martinez winning the Heisman is not possible at all. Nebraska running the table is a longshot at best.

skers11

I agree that Nebraska has an excellect chance of winning the Big 10, but to say that Martinez is a Heisman Trophy Candidate reeks of homerism. Martinez is not close to the caliber of Luck, Moore, or Griffin. He is not mentioned in ANY Heisman talk. He is not even listed on the Greeks Heisman Candidate odds. He is nowheres close to being one of the top 20 players in the nation. You really have to quit being such a homer and making excuses for a poor offense. Remember, Nebraska is now playing in the Big 10, a conference that is a lot more physical than the Big 12 was. They also lose their PK and Punter, and that is significant. Nebraska winning the Big 10 is certainly possible. Martinez winning the Heisman is not possible at all. Nebraska running the table is a longshot at best.
    Cam Newton wasn't on the Greek's preseason Heisman candidate list last year, but nice try.

You probably didn't watch a husker game last year cuz the offense was rolling until he got hurt. He actually led the whole ncaa in rushing tds after 5 games, he had 12 at the time. But he sucks offensively another good point.

You are just a hater

JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

They played against 3 legit teams last year with a defense texas, oklahoma, and texas a and m and scored a combined 39 points in this game texas wasnt even any good last year that wont happen in the big ten buddy... not saying nebraska wont be good but alot more defense in the BIG 10

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Skers11, I appreciate your thread my friend..that's what the college football forum is all about.

I personally think Nebraska has a chance to be good. My question, if your starting quarterback goes down...WHO replaces him????? The backup has transferred.

Nebraska may go undefeated, (Auburn) who the hell knows.....at Penn State, at Wisconsin causes me doubt. Hope your team does well sir.

Appreciate the thread...........................

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

skers, I saw Washington get the caca kicked out of them by Nebraska at home. I also saw Washington kick the caca out of Nebraska in San Diego. I saw that pathetic Nebraska offense score 13 points AT HOME against a Texas team that had given up 62 points in their prevoius two game, both losses, one at home against UCLA. I saw their offense score 6 points against Texas A&M. I also seem to recall that they scored 17 on FCS South Dakota State.

What I see this year is a team that has a good chance to win the Big 10, but has no runnning game at all. A team whose QB led the team in rushing last year. A team whose leading receiver had 44 receptions for 494 yards. One injury to Martinez and your season is over. Nebraska has an average offense at best. So stop with the homer B.S. Martinez is nowheres near as good as Persa, Cousins, or Robinson, and those are just the Big 10 QB's. Illinois Freshman QB Scheelhasse had better stats than Martinez did last season. And you think that Martinez, who is a head case, is Heisman material? Wisconsin's leading rusher last season is going to be their 2nd string RB this season. Nebraska does not even have a starting RB returning from last years team. It is up to your defense. Your offense is not going to win the Big 10 Title.

POISON
    POISON's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12889

Huskers will lose at least 2, maybe 3. Their offense isn't much. The 2 Qb's in the Big 12 were much better than Martinez (Weeden and Jones), not sure about the Big 10 Qb's.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

nebraska might not have depth at qb if martinez goes down

skers11

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    Skers11, I appreciate your thread my friend..that's what the college football forum is all about.

I personally think Nebraska has a chance to be good. My question, if your starting quarterback goes down...WHO replaces him????? The backup has transferred.

Nebraska may go undefeated, (Auburn) who the hell knows.....at Penn State, at Wisconsin causes me doubt. Hope your team does well sir.

Appreciate the thread...........................
    If Bubba Starling decided not to go to mlb if would be between him and Brion Carnes. Carnes is Tommie Fraziers cousin and tore it up in the spring game. We also recruited Jamal Turner who switched to WR and also had a huge spring game. Burkhead is a good RB and NU recruited the highly touted Aaron Green who was a 5 star prospect, and although not for sure, I think he was the highest rated RB coming out of high school.

Cody Green sucked. I'm glad he transferred.
    Last edited by skers11; 06-05-11 at 01:31 PM. Reason: typo

skers11

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    They played against 3 legit teams last year with a defense texas, oklahoma, and texas a and m and scored a combined 39 points in this game texas wasnt even any good last year that wont happen in the big ten buddy... not saying nebraska wont be good but alot more defense in the BIG 10
    All 3 of those schools were big 12 teams. NU didnt have a chance their last year in the big 12.

Case in point at Texas A&m, NU had 16 penalties for 145 yds where A&M had 2 for 10.

Texas game NU 10 penalties Texas 4

public was hammering NU in both these games by the way.

Big 12 championship Nu only had 3 to OU's 6, and they were up 17-0, but blew the lead

skers11

If wisconsin doesn't get russell wilson they will lose to nu @home

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love how you explain a game against Northwestern but not the one against Ohio State. Rookie Coach? He still has better athletes, and he's been with the program for a long time.

skers11

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    I love how you explain a game against Northwestern but not the one against Ohio State. Rookie Coach? He still has better athletes, and he's been with the program for a long time.
    Ohio St will drop this year, new system alot of negative energy with this program

NU's first conference home game

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lot of ifs involved there. Good luck though. I bet 50 on Arkansas at a huge price.

skers11

Ohio St Write-up

Nebraska could be coming off a tremendous opening to its Big Ten schedule with a win over conference co-champion Wisconsin when it hosts another conference co-champion. As far as schedules go, it doesn't open any tougher than this.

Ohio State meanwhile, could well be reeling from a letdown loss to Michigan State that sets the tone for an even bigger letdown of a season. The Buckeyes should have the suspended players from "Tattoo Gate" back for this game, unless the ongoing investigation of Terrelle Pryor leads to an extension of his sentence.

There's no doubt that Nebraska will bring every horse in its stable to make the biggest possible splash in its new conference.

The question is how badly will Ohio State be hurting from this NCAA mess and can it put the pieces together quickly enough?

The Verdict

I know that a lot of Ohio State football fans believe that their team is going to do exactly what it has done for the last decade. It's going to just reload and do it all again.

History is on their side in this argument. there are fans who weren't even teenagers yet the last time the Buckeyes failed to win (or share) a Big Ten title.

That doesn't mean that it will always be that way and I believe this year is the beginning of a slight downward trend for the Buckeyes. Not only are they dealing with all of the negative off-field issues, but they have a tremendous amount of turnover, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

It's in Lincoln, the Buckeyes are suffering a million different wounds and the 'Huskers have more to prove here.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for getting that write up for Ohio St., but I doubt they lose at home to an over rated Michigan State. I remember last time they played them and everything thought MSU would win, and well... 45-7.

LostDadat34
    LostDadat34's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RPP View Post
    Lot of ifs involved there. Good luck though. I bet 50 on Arkansas at a huge price.
    Love the balls on this prediciton, but a true freshman at RT means that Tyler Wilson is going to be hurt or out of the game at some point. Love Brandon Mitchell to death, but @Bama and @LSU... hope the odds were huge and it pays off!

WorkHorse

QB Martinez is mobile with talent, but he is also very inconsistent. Add to that, Nebraska will be starting three new offensive linemen. Surely if you know football, you know that the O-Line is one of the most difficult positions to play in football. It takes time.

I think Nebraska will be good my friend.....undefeated...No!

LostDadat34
    LostDadat34's Avatar Become A Pro!

QB Martinez is mobile with talent, but he is also very inconsistent. Add to that, Nebraska will be starting three new offensive linemen. Surely if you know football, you know that the O-Line is one of the most difficult positions to play in football. It takes time.

I think Nebraska will be good my friend.....undefeated...No!
    As long as Taylor isn't throwing a tantrum or calling his dad at halftime, things should be peachy in the Pelini-Martinez boat

WorkHorse

My first look at a team is do they have a returning starting QB, and second, how many starters on the offensive line are returning.

Then I look at defense...which is what wins ballgames.

Returning "good" quarterback with returning veteran offensive line gives you something to play with.

Might just have a good bet..............early on.

skers11

My first look at a team is do they have a returning starting QB, and second, how many starters on the offensive line are returning.

Then I look at defense...which is what wins ballgames.

Returning "good" quarterback with returning veteran offensive line gives you something to play with.

Might just have a good bet..............early on.
    Hey, I totally respect your opinion workhorse. we are only returning 2 on the O-line but 10 of our 11 defensive starters have starting experience. I think the big 10 will be down this year, and if we can get past Wisconsin and Penn st on the road I think NU can possibly do it.

We got a tough road, but Auburn had a gauntlet of a schedule last year in the toughest conference. There is a chance. A pre-season top 10 team can run the table, especially when their conference is down.

Not to mention NU has a chip on their shoulder. Watch out!

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Nebraska is a good team, no doubt, but they are not going undefeated.....They play all of the best Big 10 teams pretty much, very tough schedule. Will be too hard to go through that schedule when all of the Big 10 teams will be gunning for the new kid on the block, especially if Nebraska gets on a roll early

skers11

Nebraska goes from +2500 to win it all to +2000

skers11

Nebraska's 2 newest skill player recruits to play along side martinez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5DDClfQws0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1MDCQZF9SY

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

No one is saying that Nebraska is not a good team. What we are saying is that they do not have a National championship team. Not by a longshot. Alabama, OU, Boise State, Florida State, Notre Dame, Oregon, and Stanford would all easily handle Nebraska, or any other Big 10 team for that matter. Now no one denying that Nebraska has a good shot to win the Big 10, but running the table and winning the NC game is nothing more than a dream. You give a thousand examples laced with "if's". Way too many "if's" on that offense. It will be up to the defense.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 06-12-11 at 09:48 AM.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

i think starling goes to the royals. especially if he can be a part of the 2014 royals world series champs

bornselling
    bornselling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by bornselling View Post
    Nebraska -65?

skers11

No one is saying that Nebraska is not a good team. What we are saying is that they do not have a National championship team. Not by a longshot. Alabama, OU, Boise State, Florida State, Notre Dame, Oregon, and Stanford would all easily handle Nebraska, or any other Big 10 team for that matter. Now no one denying that Nebraska has a good shot to win the Big 10, but running the table and winning the NC game is nothing more than a dream. You give a thousand examples laced with "if's". Way too many "if's" on that offense. It will be up to the defense.
    NU played 1 of those teams last year, and at one point was up 17-0 on this years preseason #2 OU in the Big 12 title game. If martinez was 100% and if NU didn't leave the big 12 last year who knows how it might have turned out?

Luckily NU won't face any of those teams you mentioned until their bowl game. And our defense alone is why we can compete with any of those teams.

12 Last