xstud
    xstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Hawaii / Boise St analysis/thoughts

So after taking a huge hit betting on a BYU team that did not show up... I am really looking at friday's game...

I am thinking Hawaii +24...

Reason... last weeks turnover problems and Hawaii waking up a tad (obviously will not win but maybe can score a td or 2) but my only worry is if they get shut out... definate possibility...

Thoughts everyone?

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Boise seems to play well in Home ESPN games. I'm not sure how good they really are this year, but they're always tough at home. I think they pull away in the 2nd half and win something like 42-10.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

I would be scared to play Hawaii for the simple fact that BYU lost. I mean Boise St. can come out fired up with a chance now open to them to get back to a BCS bowl!

xstud

yeah, that's what I am afraid of. I am looking at past games this season on the smurf turf... how much better of a team is bowling green over hawaii? that was the only close game at the smurf turf... they blew out idaho state and La tech... both are horribly shitty teams.

i just figured hawaii looked somewhat decent against a very bad la tech team... if they can even be remotely as good the bet has a chance...but I definately see boise jumping to a 7-14 pt lead by half

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am leaning towards hawaii at the half

Hawaii +13.5 (+100)
    Hawaii team total over 7 half (-120)
    Hawaii team total over 13.5 game (-110)

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

interesting thoughts here...I can't seem to get a feel for the game, but can see cases for both sides...GL gentlemen...

infamousdx
    infamousdx's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wanted to do Boise at home, all fired up on ESPN again... but I'm too new to this so that's a gut. Anyway it's a no play for me.

xstud

I feel if Hawaii can score 14pts in the game taking the points should cash...

This is a bit of a rivalry game as Hawaii beat BSU last year...I have just seen Hawaii play so shitty but they have started to gel a tiny bit.

Mic Lowrey
    Mic Lowrey's Avatar Become A Pro!

so far i'm leaning towards Hawaii who did beat a solid fresno st @ fresno st. Granted Boise St does run the score up @ home.

Therefore i'm most likely going to take hawaii and also bet the over.

Granted the lines and %'s stay the way they are.

tab

Hawaii is going to cover this inflated spread. Boise St struggles against qbs that can scramble and run. ECU QB ran all over boise st last december. From scouting reports, Hawaii QB can really run. Boise St has a very soft schedule like BYU. Boise St did beat an ORegon st team missing 2 qbs. Boise St has covered 3 in a row and now find the spread inflated. Boise St will be without WR Titus Young who was suspended for 3 games. This does leave Boise st shorthanded at WR position. Young has 10 catches for 168 yards in 3 games. Young caught 44 passes for 639 yards and 5 touchdowns in 2007. Wihout Young, Boise St stuggled offensivley against Southern Miss last week. Boise St freshman QB Kellan Moore had his worst game in college football. In the 2nd half of the southern miss, Moore was 5/10 for 26 yards.

Hawaii +24
    Hawaii team total over 7 (h) -120
    Hawaii team total over 13.5 (g) -110
    Boise St team total under 38 (g) -115
    Last edited by tab; 10-17-08 at 12:27 AM.

tland22
    tland22's Avatar Become A Pro!

OVER TOATAL of 51 seems solid as hell here....

xstud

staying away from the O/U in this game. Hawaii will be lucky to score 2 td's so you are assuming that BSU scores 37+ in a rivalry game.

BSU is very tough at home.. no doubt
    8/30Idaho State1-0 (0-0)W 49-79/13Bowling Green2-0 (0-0)W 20-79/20@ No. 17 Oregon3-0 (0-0)W 37-3210/01Louisiana Tech4-0 (1-0)W 38-310/11@ Southern Miss5-0 (1-0)W 24-7

They have only went over 51 2 out of 5 games and only 1 time at home against a very very shitty idaho state team.... Only play here would be +24 in my opinion.

abc
    abc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

What do you think for the 1H? O/U26.5?

ICE-BLOOD
    ICE-BLOOD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7656

pointspreads depends alot on what hawaii gets out of qb funaki
    few other players give good contributions regularly
    hawaii also has a shorter week and travel
    boise has shown they can shut down bad teams
    hawaii worst in nation on 3rd down conversions
    also worst in penalty yds per game
    hawaii wont get all those turnovers again
    can't see hawaii getting much in this one

WarAdmiralRox
    WarAdmiralRox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take Hawaii

Being from Boise, I follow BSU closely. Have made some dough betting Boise at home, against them on the road. This has been a simple, profitable play.

Last year, Hawaii bounced BSU. Hawaii whipped Fresno at home, should have beaten SD or SJ State (get em mixed up!) two weeks ago. (6 second half turnovers in a freaky game) La. Tech is not a good team but it is improved. Would have liked to seen a better score last week.

I absolutely hate trying to cover a 40 point reversal in a year's time. Take the points. Not out of the question on the m/l. Fresno looked tough in the WAC early this year.

Thinking this will be one of those rare times BSU will not cover at home.

tab

Quote Originally Posted by WarAdmiralRox View Post
    Being from Boise, I follow BSU closely. Have made some dough betting Boise at home, against them on the road. This has been a simple, profitable play.

Last year, Hawaii bounced BSU. Hawaii whipped Fresno at home, should have beaten SD or SJ State (get em mixed up!) two weeks ago. (6 second half turnovers in a freaky game) La. Tech is not a good team but it is improved. Would have liked to seen a better score last week.

I absolutely hate trying to cover a 40 point reversal in a year's time. Take the points. Not out of the question on the m/l. Fresno looked tough in the WAC early this year.

Thinking this will be one of those rare times BSU will not cover at home.

I agree with you. I think it Boise St is going to miss WR Young in this game. He was suspended for 3 games.
    Weather in Boise: cold chily night, 48F with 5-10 mph winds ESE.

tab

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    What do you think for the 1H? O/U26.5?

I like the under. WR TItus Young is suspended for this game. Without Young, Boise is going to be conservative and run the football. Boise St plays good defense anyway. Both teams play really good defense in the red zone. This is a very total for the first half.

bdat2d
    bdat2d's Avatar Become A Pro!

Friday night lights

I'm thinking of taking Hawaii +24 for the game... possibly the half at 13.5 and i must agree the under looks pretty good. I really dont think this will be a blow out. I think if Hawaii's D can do alot of blitzing and throw the offense off balance and Funaki can get the offense to score at least 2Tds in the first half... they should be able to hang in there...