ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

ZBOIZ College Football leans!!

I will do some heavy research on these plays and narrow them down to the strongest ones!

Ole Miss -5.5
    Houston -6.5
    Michigan State -8
    East Carolina -7.5
    Arizona State +6.5
    Arizona +1
    Troy +21.5
    Tulane- 4.5
    Alabama -9
    Akron -7
    Tulsa -10.5
    Penn State -28
    Will be updating these plays as the week go by!

****MY FINAL PLAYS WILL BE UP THURSDAY AT 6:30 PM********
    Last edited by ZBOIZ; 09-15-08 at 07:08 PM. Reason: added Tulane -4.5 ,Alabama -9, Akron -7, Tulsa -10.5,Penn State-28

JRS21386
    The Oracle
    JRS21386's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where did you already get lines?

ZBOIZ

Thespread.com

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Is it consistant with the books?

ZBOIZ

yep

ZBOIZ

Updated Play!!!

Tulane -4.5

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Damn Alabama -9 @ Arkansas looks good!!

ZBOIZ

I really like the Alabama game also! I just have to see how Arkansas will aproach this game

ZBOIZ

Updated Play!!!!

Alabama -9

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    Updated Play!!!!

Alabama -9
    Lol... I don't think Arkansas can hang with them... Then again its the SEC opener..

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by JRS21386 View Post
    Lol... I don't think Arkansas can hang with them... Then again its the SEC opener..
    I know talent wise Alabama should cream them but I don't know how will Arkansas will aproach there home SEC opener!

The positive side about Alabama covering this spread is Petrino have yet to play a SEC opponent so he don't know how to mentally and physically prepare his team for the beating they about to receive.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

I know talent wise Alabama should cream them but I don't know how will Arkansas will aproach there home SEC opener!

The positive side about Alabama covering this spread is Petrino have yet to play a SEC opponent so he don't know how to mentally and physically prepare his team for the beating they about to receive.
    This is true!!! Im poundin it!!

ZBOIZ

Some of the strong plays and INFO!

Houston vs. Colorado State
    I wagered Colorado State at the beggining of the year and lost. I'm glad I did because I saw a lot of things that I learned from. Colorado State is a very slow football team that cant stop the pass. I been waiting on this game specifically because Houston will cause mismatch problems all over the field. This is why Houston is the fav. on the road here. I'm telling you guys Colorado State is horrible against the pass. Houston Spread Offense will cause a lot of problems against that slow Colorado State defense!

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I'm liking Wake Forest +5.5 @ Florida St. FSU has beaten 2 FCS teams and Wake appears to be the cream of the crop in the ACC. I think Wake wins SU. I'm planning a big play here

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpete57@ View Post
    I'm liking Wake Forest +5.5 @ Florida
    NO way... Horrible play...

ZBOIZ

Tulane vs. UL Monroe
    Tulane is in search for the first win. This team is very good team that can be sitting at 1-1 right now or 2-0. They lost close ones to Alabama and ECU. They should of got there first win against ECU but gave up the late touchdown at the end of the game. Loof for Tulane to handle business against a UL Monroe team!

ZBOIZ

Michigan State vs. Notre Dame
    I love these types of games! Everyone on this board knows that Notre Dame is a very awaful team. But hey they just blew away a struggling Michigan team. Notre Dame is in a great spot to get blowed out here against a Michigan State team who did'nt play well last week. Notre Dame also is riding high off a Michigan victory were they will get slapped back down to reality this week when they travel to Michigan State! This is the same set up as UCLA had last week coming off a high victory when you really not that good!

ZBOIZ

Alabama vs. Arkansas
    This game here will be a interesting one! And this is why, the SEC is the hardest conference to cap. We all know that Alabama has the talent to cream Arkansas but the question of this game is (DO PETRINO KNOW HOW TO MENTALL AND PHYSICALLY PREPARE HIS TEAM FOR A SEC OPPONENT?) Remember this is a Arkansas team that almost lost to UL Monroe and Western Illinois! I this Bama get Arkansas in this one as Saban try to get to a BCS bowl game this year!

ZBOIZ

Troy vs. Ohio State
    I personally like this game because I think Ohio State is overrated. They have a slow offense and a slow defense. If C. Wells is coming back then I will stay away from this game but if he's still out then I will slam Troy because Ohio State is handicap without this guy. Troy is one of these teams that can cause Ohio State all types of problems because there fast and they stick to the spread offense. If no Wells then possibly we can see our first major upset of the year here! Get on this before this spread go down!

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Petrino has had a pretty good history with SEC teams. At least with the whipping boy of the SEC (Kentucky). I know Arkansas has looked bad so far this year but I still think they're about to break out and win a game or 2 that they aren't supposed to

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Petrino has had a pretty good history with SEC teams. At least with the whipping boy of the SEC (Kentucky). I know Arkansas has looked bad so far this year but I still think they're about to break out and win a game or 2 that they aren't supposed to
    I don't think it will happen this early. But I feel what your saying.

TPowell

I guess people should have seen it coming. Bringing Bobby Petrino in as a coach with Casey Dick as the QB. Petrino might make Dick into a decent QB by the end of the year though. I always suck at SEC games though

ZBOIZ

Updated Play!!

Akron -7

ZBOIZ

Akron vs. Army
    Plain and simple Army is horrible! I'm leaning towards Akron for this game as Army cant stop the pass. Once I see how good Akron can defend the run this can be a big play for me!

ZBOIZ

Tulsa vs. New Mexico
    I really think this matchup is being over looked by a lot of people. Tulsa first home game was against Bowling Green where they blew them out 63-7! They been on the road for two straight games and now there ready to return home in the same fashion they finished. Tulsa # 3 ranked offense in the nation should put up nothing less than 28 points against New Mexico 46th rank defense! Watch for Tulsa to make a run also for BCS game! I really think they have a chance to go underfeated!

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tulsa vs. New Mexico
    I really think this matchup is being over looked by a lot of people. Tulsa first home game was against Bowling Green where they blew them out 63-7! They been on the road for two straight games and now there ready to return home in the same fashion they finished. Tulsa # 3 ranked offense in the nation should put up nothing less than 28 points against New Mexico 46th rank defense! Watch for Tulsa to make a run also for BCS game! I really think they have a chance to go underfeated!
    I like the Tulsa vs New Mexico pick I just think UCF,Arkansas,Tulane, or ECU (in the C-usa championship game) will stop them from going UNDERFEATED

TPowell

I like Tulsa as well, I saw some with New Mexico and didnt get it

Tigers1230
    Tigers1230's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

WOW!! alot of great lines out there. I jumped all over Akron, Mich St., Gatech, and the big one TULSA. Tulsa should win very handily. I am putting 1/2 my bankroll on this one early.

ZBOIZ

I just added Penn State this game could get very ugly. I have to do more research!

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

ZBoiz,

First of all, best of luck to you on all your picks. I hope we all beat down the books.

A few things for you to consider. There is a huge difference between UCLA going into Provo and Notre Dame going into East Lansing.

Michigan State is not close to being the team that BYU is, I think you would agree with that.

Don't let your hatred of Notre Dame cloud your judgement, I think there is value in ND, and I am not a fan of Charlie Weis. 7 of the last 8 ND-Michigan State games have been decided by 7 points or less, and Notre Dame has won the last three AT Michigan State.

Take a closer look at Michigan State's secondary. They are not good, they are not deep. They are small up front, and if you re-watch that Florida Atlantic game, you will see FAU should have won it. They had a 74 yard td called back on a phantom holding call, they botched a 20 yard FG attempt, and they were SOD inside Michigan's State 30 yard line 3 times, including one where Rusty Smith lost the ball trying to set up to throw it.

If you feel strongly on MSU, then by all means knock it out. But I warn you, take a close look at these two teams. ND isn't as bad as you think, and MSU is not that good.

Again, best of luck!!

ZBOIZ

Last year Notre Dame lost to Michigan State 31-14!

I see your point but this will be Notre Dame first road game! Michigan State is not a bad team they only lost came on the road to a real good Cal team by 7! I see Michigan State knocking Notre Dame back to reality. The line moved from 7 to 8.5 for a reason. Michigan State win this game handly!

** ALSO NOTRE DAME HAVE TROUBLE AGAINST PHYSICAL TEAMS! MICHIGAN STATE WINS BY NO LESS THAN 17!