Gmen30
    Update your status
    Gmen30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1000

Live Blackjack at a NJ Regulated book

I was playing Live Blackjack and this happened. I had 12 and the dealer was showing a 3. I chose to stand but the dealer gave me a card anyway. Ultimately, I lost the hand. This particular situation never happened to me before so what should the ruling be?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9243

online with a live dealer or live in person?

And why did the dealer not think you wanted to stand?

Gmen30
    Update your status
    Gmen30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    online with a live dealer or live in person?

And why did the dealer not think you wanted to stand?
    It was online with a live dealer at a NJ regulated sports book. I pressed the stand button and that was clearly indicated

on the screen. I'm not sure why she gave me another card.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10776

Quote Originally Posted by Gmen30 View Post
    It was online with a live dealer at a NJ regulated sports book. I pressed the stand button and that was clearly indicated

on the screen. I'm not sure why she gave me another card.
    I would have said something. Unless it was a really large bet they would probably give you back your money. I do not think they would want to discourage a person from playing in the future on a smaller bet. If this was a larger bet then i can see there being problems but if it is a reputable site you should get it back.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

since it was live betting maybe take a picture or screenshot of what happened? maybe they can research the hand and what was processed on your end with pressing to stand?

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13863

In the settings in auto hits in certain situations. Also, some games it plays "by the book" and will auto hit you, auto split, auto double etc to give you the best mathematical odds to win. There are different rules and different settings for all games. Some versions will have multiple players per hand. Have to look at the rules and settings.

Chiefs83
    Update your status
    Chiefs83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1571

You gotta call and they can go back and see everything the hand and situation. Every hand is numbered. It’s a pain in the ass though