Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Klitschko-Solis today at 6pm est...

Any opinions? One again, it is another outclassed fighter up against one of the twins. Solis is a former Oly champion that didn't do anything great after he went pro. He's beaten a few decent guys, but no one I would call a contender. Solis KO's about 2/3 of the time, but that number might be inflated by his list of opponents. To Solis's credit, he took his training a bit more seriously. He's fighting at 250 (at 6'1), which is his lowest weight in a long time.

Klitschko is 39 now. But Vitali has been a machine, just wearing down and picking opponents apart.

Boxing is one of two sports I actually enjoy watching. I don't claim to be an expert at it, but it is the only sport I'll place a small "action" wager when watching.

My action wager: Under 9.5 rounds at +133. Can Solis get lucky and end the fight quickly? Or will Solis tire, and eventually end up on his back? Solis is not in the same league as Vitali. 251 at 6'1 is a lot of weight. Vitali's precise attacks (and the threat of a big right) will wear down Solis. When he tires, Vitali goes in for the kill.

I like Vitali also, but not at -600.

Justin7

You can watch the fight for free at EpixHD.com. You have to sign up for a trial, but there is no charge or cc required. It takes about 15 seconds to sign up.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Nice justin, ill tail you on that play. How many % of vitalis fights have been under 9.5 rounds?

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Enough of the pussy footing around. I like the Klitschkos. It is about time they faced each other. It won't happen, but if you want to inject some life in a big heavyweight fight, there you go.

I also like tomasz adamek, but think he would get eaten by either Klitschko.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Boxing isn't the same anymore. I used to look forward to those HBO and PPV cards. Klitschko was good against Lennox Lewis but that's well in the past. I'd rather watch old tapes of Muhammad Ali

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Boxing isn't the same anymore. I used to look forward to those HBO and PPV cards. Klitschko was good against Lennox Lewis but that's well in the past. I'd rather watch old tapes of Muhammad Ali
    I think they fought 4 or 5 rounds only. I remember Larry Merchant or someone interviewing Lennox after the fight.Klitschko was there with him, but the guy asked a question and Lennox looks at him and says something like, "look at the state of his ( Klitschko's) face.".

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

can we get a line the fight in sbr book? moneyline and total

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Lennox was also past his prime--Klitschko was much the better that night. Vladimir is a joke. He used to get tired very easily. He looks all buff and sports doctorate degree but he was never a good fighter. I miss Roy Jones Jr. in his prime. I miss De La Hoya, Chavez, and Pernell Whittaker. Sugar Ray Leonard and Muhammad Ali were my favorites. (I saw Ali when he was ready to retire)-

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

vitali is getting up there...and solis was a very decorated amatuer.....just hard to make up for the size/length advantage when vitali paws the jab out there......one thing in your favor for the under is vitali has a mean streak that his brother doesnt

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    vitali is getting up there...and solis was a very decorated amatuer.....just hard to make up for the size/length advantage when vitali paws the jab out there......one thing in your favor for the under is vitali has a mean streak that his brother doesnt
    Solis has freakishly long arms and shares a 79" reach with Vitali.

Vitali is getting old he has won 2 out of his last 3 fights by decision I see this being a points fight lots of jabbing. Vitali by decision again.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post

Vitali is getting old he has won 2 out of his last 3 fights by decision I see this being a points fight lots of jabbing. Vitali by decision again.
    i hear you...its still hard to get inside that vitali jab though when you are giving up a height advantage like that

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post

this..not getting briggs out of there surprised me quite a bit.....in spite of the size differential,i`m expecting solis to go rounds.....the over 9.5 was -150 at 5 dimes...

i always thought vitali had a little more hard bark on him than his brother...in their primes,i would have preferred wee-tah-lee to out-gut wlad....

but at 41, he just can`t do the same stuff at the same level...given these odds and the age...and solis`absolutely incredible amateur record(beat haye and felix savon twice),theres really no value in klit..not even in parlays,imo...

he wins here,i believe,but at 41,who knows...solis is carrying an extra 30 pounds over his amateur weight...ashamed the guy can`t push himself away from the buffet......

but i agree that it goes some rounds...

robmpink
    Update your status

Lennox was also past his prime--Klitschko was much the better that night. Vladimir is a joke. He used to get tired very easily. He looks all buff and sports doctorate degree but he was never a good fighter. I miss Roy Jones Jr. in his prime. I miss De La Hoya, Chavez, and Pernell Whittaker. Sugar Ray Leonard and Muhammad Ali were my favorites. (I saw Ali when he was ready to retire)-
    I don't think lennox was way past his prime. Maybe he was, he knew it, and retired.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    I don't think lennox was way past his prime. Maybe he was, he knew it, and retired.
    i believe lennox has said over the last couple of years...that he knew he wasnt at his best...and that he still busted vitali up and beat him...so he felt like there was no point in a rematch because he felt like he was in terrible shape and still beat him....of course we could chalk that up to typical boxer machismo

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Got Under 9.5 +156 At Pinny

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    i believe lennox has said over the last couple of years...that he knew he wasnt at his best...and that he still busted vitali up and beat him...so he felt like there was no point in a rematch because he felt like he was in terrible shape and still beat him....of course we could chalk that up to typical boxer machismo

The first 1 30 secs until 1 minute.

I really like LL. I saw him in person against Golota, who was my fav and Briggs.

robmpink
    Update your status

When was the last Klitschko, either brother, fight in the US?

rocky mattioli

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    this..not getting briggs out of there surprised me quite a bit.....in spite of the size differential,i`m expecting solis to go rounds.....the over 9.5 was -150 at 5 dimes...

i always thought vitali had a little more hard bark on him than his brother...in their primes,i would have preferred wee-tah-lee to out-gut wlad....

but at 41, he just can`t do the same stuff at the same level...given these odds and the age...and solis`absolutely incredible amateur record(beat haye and felix savon twice),theres really no value in klit..not even in parlays,imo...

he wins here,i believe,but at 41,who knows...solis is carrying an extra 30 pounds over his amateur weight...ashamed the guy can`t push himself away from the buffet......

but i agree that it goes some rounds...
    let me be clear...i don`t think solis is very good pro...he was a great amateur...but if you watched the ray austin fight,the guy looked horrible...austin is a journeyman....

personally,i might play the over in a par...that`s about it,,,i ain`t layin` odds on anything involving a 6' 1" fat ass vs vitali.....the only way i touch the over is in a par with something solid...

the over is by no means a lock...

Brian891
    Brian891's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3624

vitali is old, but i think hes only 39 not 41. his record is 41-2 maybe thats where u got that number. and solis is in his best shape in awhile, actually got down to 246. so he actually worked pretty hard. i still think vitali wins pretty easily tho.

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

I don't feel he was past his prime. It was a year between fights. He was rusty early.

James

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

that didnt take too long
    easiest bet i have ever cashed

Rich Boy

WTF was that?

Rich Boy

Fixed bout?

Guy just gave up

Justin7

Solis takes a dive at the end of the first round, faking a knee injury.

Rich Boy

Dumb guy cant decide which knee he blew out? is it left or right buddy?

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Solis takes a dive at the end of the first round, faking a knee injury.
    You are going to be under investigation for this Justin

rocky mattioli

mcguigan`s been talking for 10 minutes and still doesn`t realize the guy hurt a knee....

way to be in the moment,barry...

Justin7

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    mcguigan`s been talking for 10 minutes and still doesn`t realize the guy hurt a knee....

way to be in the moment,barry...
    It's not clear that he did.

Rich Boy

Will books honor this fight? Pinny still hasnt graded my Under 9.5 bet

rocky mattioli

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    It's not clear that he did.

i think the big clue was the guy grabbing his knee...unless that`s a cuban tradition...

sharpcat

Vitali was ready to kill him after that.

BL
    BL's Avatar Become A Pro!

even pizza did not arrive when the fight was over

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

lmao my buddies and i just drinking right now anticipating this fight. I head over to that site to sign up so I can be ready to watch...then I find out the fight was at 6pm est lmao. Damn at least we didnt miss much.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Thx for a great pick justin.

Rich Boy

Justin knew this fight was fixed, better watch out now.

12 Last