jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

jason guida started his career off at 0-5

you think after losing 5 fights in a row you would find somehting else to do

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

....and Clay says his brother was his inspiration for getting into MMA.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Certaintly something to admire imo, if he was training his ass off and kept coming back. But, he could have just been taking fights for a little bit of coin and basicaly showing up half drunk for all I know. Didn't Jon Fitch start out 0-2?

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

Check out this guy http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Shawn-Nolan-5080

I believe there is another guy that is something like 0-28, but I can't think of his name right now. He came to a gym that I trained at one time. He may have won by now though.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Squareguy View Post
    Check out this guy http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Shawn-Nolan-5080

I believe there is another guy that is something like 0-28, but I can't think of his name right now. He came to a gym that I trained at one time. He may have won by now though.

ha yeah quite impressive, the other dude ur thinking of might be Kenneth Allen 1-28!....http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Kenneth-Allen-13050

Makes u wonder at one point are these guys gonna realise that maybe they aren't cut out for fighting!

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

fighting clearly isn't supporting someone with a record like that, so i think guys like that are just doing it as a hobby because they enjoy it.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Varker View Post
    fighting clearly isn't supporting someone with a record like that, so i think guys like that are just doing it as a hobby because they enjoy it.
    ha yeah who doesn't enjoy getting knocked out and choked out at least 4 times a year every year!

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    Certaintly something to admire imo, if he was training his ass off and kept coming back. But, he could have just been taking fights for a little bit of coin and basicaly showing up half drunk for all I know. Didn't Jon Fitch start out 0-2?
    really? i suppose admiration is one way to look at it, but he's clearly not training his ass off given his body type.
    fitch was 0-1 before getting a win. and his loss was against a veteran.

perosnally, I look at jason guida and see somebody wasting his time. but to each his own.

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by jin2daj View Post
    really? i suppose admiration is one way to look at it, but he's clearly not training his ass off given his body type. fitch was 0-1 before getting a win. and his loss was against a veteran. perosnally, I look at jason guida and see somebody wasting his time. but to each his own.
    Mike Pyle was no veteran, he was 0-1 himself at the time of the fight, his loss was to Rampage -- who was also no veteran, in fact that fight was Rampage's MMA debut! But of course a lot of guys lose their first fight band go on to become great fighters... the man most consider #1 pound for pound is a perfect example.

NickBaragona
    NickBaragona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Didnt Jason Guida miss weight on TUF and didnt even get to fight?

99Boxster
    99Boxster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4394

yes he did...and he is the greatest MMA autofade that has ever lived