View Poll Results: Interesting Heavyweight fight at UFN 23. Who ya got?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Matt Mitrione

17 80.95%
  • Tim Hague

4 19.05%
    NickBaragona
    NickBaragona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

POLL: Matt Mitrione vs Hague (UFN 23)

Interesting Heavyweight fight at UFN 23. Who ya got?

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

I still don't get how Hague is back in the UFC.

Shane
    Shane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Mitrione looks better every time out.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by urge2kill View Post
    I still don't get how Hague is back in the UFC.
    Two first round KO's and according to his interview on UFC.com a lot of texting and begging to Joe Silva following each of those wins!

NickBaragona

I was reading the Play by Play on Sherdog from his fight with Joey Beltran, and it sounds as if he was robbed of the decision.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Mitrione looks better every time out.
    And I still ain't diggin' his style yet.

He just looks sloppy. But he's tough, and he can be very successful without winning MadTiger completely over. Haha! (I voted for him in the poll, actually).

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by NickBaragona View Post
    I was reading the Play by Play on Sherdog from his fight with Joey Beltran, and it sounds as if he was robbed of the decision.
    He also fought that fight at short notice (3 weeks I believe) and has said that he was not in great shape. So if you take that in to account on top of the possibility that he beat Beltran then it sort of makes me see more value in his +215 odds. Afterall, we shouldnt forget that the 2 other dudes Mitrione has beaten so far are not exactly high-calibre and I believe Hague would/could also of beaten Kimbo and Big Baby! Hague has also got in better shape (apparently walking around below 260). All of this contributes to me not being very attracted to a straight bet on Mitrione at the -240 to -260 odds.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Sadly, this is the best competition that Mitrione has faced. Mitrione should maybe be a slight favorite, but -250?! Mitrione is very sloppy and doesn't have stellar cardio. Hague is more experienced and I guess you could say more technical too (which isn't saying much). Anyway, line is way too high. I'm on Hague +205.

NickBaragona

Hague will have more to fight for as well, with 3 previous losses in a row. His UFC career is on the line.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yee Hague will be hungrier than he's ever been, whilst Mitrione may be in his comfort zone a little too much and possibly even overlooking Hague. Only thing tht makes me unconvinced that this may be the case is due to his camp, Duke Rouffuss and training with likes of hardworking, down to earth, non Prima-donna fighters like Pettis, Askren, Downes, Barry, etc... should keep someone level-headed.
    Last edited by Vaughany; 01-12-11 at 02:28 PM.

NickBaragona

I didn't realize Mitrione trained with some stellar fighters. Ill have to do some more research tonight, and place my vote in the poll when I make my decision!

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

I don't like the line on Mitrione right now. If he gets closer to -160 I may bite. Hague shouldn't be in the UFC so I'd never bet on him.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

not too sure on this fight.if it stays on the feet then mitrione will win but if it goes to the ground we could see another upset.

MRDOG
    MRDOG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Voted for Mitrione

99Boxster
    99Boxster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4394

I've won serious coin on all of Meat Heads fights. Don't see a reason to fade him yet!

Riot
    Riot's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mitrone Trains with Pat Berry, Hague beat Berry after getting rocked and lading a desperate takedown then securing a guillotine. We have yet to see how good Mitrones ground game is, however he should have the advantage because Berry has already game planned for Hague once, so creating a camp for Mitrones fight should be fairly simple.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Riot View Post
    Mitrone Trains with Pat Berry, Hague beat Berry after getting rocked and lading a desperate takedown then securing a guillotine. We have yet to see how good Mitrones ground game is, however he should have the advantage because Berry has already game planned for Hague once, so creating a camp for Mitrones fight should be fairly simple.
    Yeah but on the flipside Hague was very green then (as was Barry). Hague was only just a blue-belt in BJJ and has just been awarded his purple belt I believe this week. Hague is also in much better shape now based on his fight with Wiuff.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Nothing against Mitrione -- He was my favorite play of 2010 versus Kimbo -- But, I think he's overvalued at these odds. Now, I'm not gonna go and make a play on Hague, but will rather just stay away.

Would much prefer to put money on his teammate (Barry) versus Beltran

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

My pick for the fight is Mitrione. As it pertains to betting, it's Hague or no play. As was mentioned, Hague is super motivated, Meat is still raw and has poor takedown defense. This could be who lands first.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Was Hague super motivated before the last 2 times the UFC cut him?