rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

i`m not a lesnar guy...i don`t find him all that interesting...and if he doesn`t fight again,i say,who cares?.....

i was never crazy about the guy bringing that wwe style bully boy schtick into the ufc...imo,it cheapens the product...mocks it...mma is a real sport....not some schlocky morality play...

but to hate on the guy irrationally is acting like a spoiled child denied another cookie...

who really cares?...

and how the hell do you turn off this damned italics feature?.....lol

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    i`m not a lesnar guy...i don`t find him all that interesting...and if he doesn`t fight again,i say,who cares?.....

i was never crazy about the guy bringing that wwe style bully boy schtick into the ufc...imo,it cheapens the product...mocks it...mma is a real sport....not some schlocky morality play...

but to hate on the guy irrationally is acting like a spoiled child denied another cookie...

who really cares?...

and how the hell do you turn off this damned italics feature?.....lol
    ha I agree

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by Rod1010 View Post
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ut-of-the-UFC/

took a beating last fight and now he wants to quit ...
    hes no fighter.hes a wrestler and u know how fixed that is so he always knew what was coming.know that guys can punck back.hes scared as hell.hes nothing but a little wimp

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Well I guess I am the minority here as I am a fan of Lesnar. I watched him all through his college wrestling career in Minnesota. Trust me, this guy has athleticism. It sounds like I would be the only one here to say that I still think he is better than half of the UFC heavyweights.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Well I guess I am the minority here as I am a fan of Lesnar. I watched him all through his college wrestling career in Minnesota. Trust me, this guy has athleticism. It sounds like I would be the only one here to say that I still think he is better than half of the UFC heavyweights.
    Yeah, I think a lot of his haters tend to forget that he was a legit Amateur wrestler before WWE! Im not a big fan of the guy but it's ridiculous to call him a pussy or whatever! And I agree, he is still a Top 10 HW in UFC due to his size and wrestling ability.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by spargament View Post
    What a puss, to take the Carwin 1st round beating and come back after that GnP 2nd round fresh as a daisy and sub an undefeated powerhouse who'd knocked everyone to obvlivion?
    Lesnar's health was extremely bad this time last year and he damn neared died. People can speculate all they want, but many get second thoughts about life when they have close calls. If you're in the UFC your heart and mind better be right or someone could do permanent damage. It's obvious losing to Cain has bothered him, and many forget a WWE dude got up in his face after the match as he was walking back to the lockerroom, so the hook was already set.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

After thinking about this, I dont see how people are so mad at him if he doesnt want to fight? Maybe because you want to see him fight so badly again, or you love to hate him. Either way, If I was him & I was making more $ doing fake fighting, why would I wanna fight for real? He came in, beat some of the sports best & if he wants to go back, he should be happy he has that option.

I myself am not happy because Id still like to see a Mir 3 or rematch with either Carwin or Velasquez

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

he knows cain valasquez will have the belt for a long time

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

If I took the beating of my life like he did when Cain mauled him I would have retired sooner.

Raynor21
    Cle/Ari Under
    Raynor21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Quote Originally Posted by Kav View Post
    im still waiting for him to do the F5 during a UFC match, i guess i wont see that happening...
    Glad I'm not the only one waiting for this.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

still Lesnar (if done) went out like a man unlike fukkin bobby Lashley.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

Not surprising coming off the loss, and that bad illness he had awhile back, If he s a smart business man he s doesn t come back...if he s in for the love of the sport and motivation hell be back fighting, he s not coming back

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Yeah, I think a lot of his haters tend to forget that he was a legit Amateur wrestler before WWE! Im not a big fan of the guy but it's ridiculous to call him a pussy or whatever! And I agree, he is still a Top 10 HW in UFC due to his size and wrestling ability.
    Agree. And I do think that sheer size and strength can be an overlooked atribute when considering HW fighters. I think it can be much more of a difference maker than in the lighter weights. I agree that his true MMA skills are novice to average. And everyone can see that he tried to use his size and stregth to the best of his ability.

I have had 1st row Minnesota Gopher wrestling season tickets for years now, and to date, there has never been anyone that has made chills go up my back the way Lesnar did when he approached the mat. The honest truth.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

If he does not return, now might be the time I need to change my avitar...

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

cant blame the guy, he took a beating in back to back fight, and he can make million in the wwe

AL1322
    AL1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

maybe lesnar can beat up ken shamrock and get back in the heavyweight picture haha

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's kind of weird because he went into the sport thinking he would make significantly less money than WWE. Now it's all about business or money when before it didn't matter to him. It's hard to really understand what's going on in his head, but I really doubt he thinks that if he put in the work he couldn't beat Velasquez. In the past every speech or anything he's said in an interview has indicated that in his opinion he was just scratching the surface of MMA. When he became champion maybe he thought he would dominate and easily keep the belt while getting better. It seems to me that he has just become lazy and lost interest in competing or he doesn't want to put in the work into something he maybe originally planned on retiring after a few years.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Doesnt he still have one fight left on his contract anyway? If he wants an easy fight he should fight Kimbo or Batista, that would sell Dana some tickets

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

With all the shuffling to get mir free, the theory of Dana letting Brock do wrestlemania 27 in return for coaching tuf against Mir carries some weight now.

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    With all the shuffling to get mir free, the theory of Dana letting Brock do wrestlemania 27 in return for coaching tuf against Mir carries some weight now.
    hmm, hadn't thought of that. hope so!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I think Brock would beat Koscheck and Rampage to being crowned the worst TUF Coach eva! Could imagine him being totally disinterested and going mental whenever one of his fighters lost!

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

haha ya, and what would he have to teach? But it would get a ton of ratings. Dana likes Vince Mcmahon but it seems improbable dana would let brock do a wrestlemania. But it was confirmed today that lesnar doesn't want to leave mma and he does want to do wrestlemania.

Yahoo Sports reports that, "Meltzer clarifies his statements and says there's almost no chance Lesnar will return to wrestling full-time. The former WWE star wants the best of both worlds. He desires the easy payday at Wrestlemania 27 and wants to continue making the big bucks in MMA."

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

He'd teach the how to master the F5 bro!

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Even if Brock sucks in TUF it would be a sweet season if he went up against Mir.

JKatrib
    JKatrib's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't confuse James Tony hype with Brock Lesnar hype... Brock may not have the best skill set but he is definitely a force to be reckoned with.

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

probably a good move for him. The guy knows he's just a freak of nature that can beat a few guys with just brute strength, but he experienced first hand what happens when he faces someone that has better technique and won't run out of gas like Carwin did. Velasquez exposed Lesnar for what he is, just a big strong guy with absolutely no technique and doesn't know how to take a punch without going into complete cover up mode.

FLO31
    Fidel CashFLO
    FLO31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Cain Velasquez beating people into retirement?

vassman86
    vassman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Damn, thought Lesnar was done with the WWE. He gave it a good run for the money, maybe he just doesn't like the pain of being punched in the face for real?

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    lol, smart move business wise.

i'm sure the wwe wouldn't mind having him back.
    Actually, that is rumored where he might be going next. Just in time for WrestleMania too.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

I doubt he will get out of his last fight without a legal battle with zuffa.

Dana should let him do Wrestlemania and then bring him back to the UFC with a bunch of new pro wrestling fans for a rematch with Carwin. I think Carwin learned his lesson and will pace himself better to beat up Brock decisively in a rematch.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    haha ya, and what would he have to teach? But it would get a ton of ratings. Dana likes Vince Mcmahon but it seems improbable dana would let brock do a wrestlemania. But it was confirmed today that lesnar doesn't want to leave mma and he does want to do wrestlemania.

Yahoo Sports reports that, "Meltzer clarifies his statements and says there's almost no chance Lesnar will return to wrestling full-time. The former WWE star wants the best of both worlds. He desires the easy payday at Wrestlemania 27 and wants to continue making the big bucks in MMA."

he definitely has some stuff to teach, plus he'd bring some really great coaches onto the show. Thanks brooks for shedding some actual proof onto this. I'd say let him do it, but it sucks for Dana. Dude's got two of his best HWs with roy and brock out of commission due to other organizations. Plus whats going on with JDS and Cain? The lines for it went down on bookmaker. Is the fight cancelled or postponed???

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

something flashed on the ds/cain fight on espn ticker but i didnt catch all of it. I kinda hope that fights off as im a cain fan and jds is a stud no doubt.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quote Originally Posted by kiefynugs View Post
    he definitely has some stuff to teach, plus he'd bring some really great coaches onto the show. Thanks brooks for shedding some actual proof onto this. I'd say let him do it, but it sucks for Dana. Dude's got two of his best HWs with roy and brock out of commission due to other organizations. Plus whats going on with JDS and Cain? The lines for it went down on bookmaker. Is the fight cancelled or postponed???
    Delayed due to Cain being out for a while

fsuox
    fsuox's Avatar Become A Pro!

MOney talks. Give him some time and he will reconsider

MRDOG
    MRDOG's Avatar Become A Pro!

"UFC boss Lorenzo Fertitta says flatly Brock Lesnar cannot participate in WWE event. "He's under exclusive contract with us."

Sorce is Lance Pugmire of The Los Angeles Times Twitter

First 123 Last