99Boxster
    99Boxster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4394

Kyotaro Fujimoto -265 vs. Gegard Mousasi +205

Any thoughts? Who is Kyotaro? He must be good at kickboxing. This is a K-1 Kickboxing Rules bout. Gegard's standup is not impressive.

99Boxster

Also, I Wish Gegard would have been defending his dream belt instead of this matchup

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Kyotaro fought Schilt in K1 Finals recently. Decent enough striker with some KO power as he proved against Peter Aerts with a right hook. Also has beaten Gokhan Saki and Manhoef.

99Boxster

my buddy likes gegard alot. he is really good at picking mma. i told him not to bet on a k-1 fight since he doesnt know who kyotaro is. i am not impressed with gegard's standup. if he has ko'd aerts and beaten saki and manhoef, he sounds like he will demolish gegard? right?

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

watched the aerts fight and was totally surprised how lame aerts looked against him....the guy isn`t real tall...but he`s powerfully built...nice kicks...

but his stand-up looked rough around the edges...actually,i`m being kind...his punches didn`t look all that impressive but he couldn`t miss aerts....

aerts looked like a wooden indian in this fight...

fujimoto just might walk through
    gegard...he walked through aerts...

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by 99Boxster View Post
    my buddy likes gegard alot. he is really good at picking mma. i told him not to bet on a k-1 fight since he doesnt know who kyotaro is. i am not impressed with gegard's standup. if he has ko'd aerts and beaten saki and manhoef, he sounds like he will demolish gegard? right?
    You might be underestimating Mousasi's standup. I think his boxing is excellent. Of course Kyotaro is rightly favored, since he has had some success in K1 including wins over some excellent strikers like those Vaughany listed, but I think Mousasi can hold his own and I don't think this will be a one-sided demolition. We'll see, but I think the odds are about right on this one.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't forget King Mo a wrestler stood with Gegard and was never in danger. Gegard has been feasting on to many cans lately to keep his game sharp. I Like Kyotaro a lot in this situation.

lasker

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    Don't forget King Mo a wrestler stood with Gegard and was never in danger. Gegard has been feasting on to many cans lately to keep his game sharp. I Like Kyotaro a lot in this situation.
    When did King Mo stand with Mousasi? King Mo wanted no part of the stand up with him. He took him down at every opportunity.
    Last edited by lasker; 12-29-10 at 12:16 PM.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Whatever dude keep thinking one of your beloved mma guys is going to walk through a k-1 champ.

lasker

Whatever dude keep thinking one of your beloved mma guys is going to walk through a k-1 champ.
    did I say that?? Obviously Kyotaro should be favored, as I said already. But don't make up lies. King Mo knew he couldn't stand with Mousasi and didn't ever try to in that fight.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

You act like Mousasi has never kick boxed before. Wasnt he the same type underdog in K1 fight new years 08?

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Man don't come back here crying when Mousasi is getting tooled.
    Last edited by sideloaded; 12-30-10 at 06:16 AM.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

You are so far removed from the point, that it is getting ridiculous.

hint: dominate no, win yes

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    You are so far removed from the point, that it is getting ridiculous.

hint: dominate no, win yes
    Don't need your hints. Why would you have some inside knowledge of exactly how the fight is going to go down?

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by lasker View Post
    did I say that?? Obviously Kyotaro should be favored, as I said already. But don't make up lies. King Mo knew he couldn't stand with Mousasi and didn't ever try to in that fight.
    King mo won the stand ups exchanges. Go watch the fight and get off mousasis balls.

99Boxster

I got my buddy to take it at -200 with me. I put $200 to win $100 on kyotaro.

king mo beat gegard in a wrestling match. He got early takedowns and gassed gegard out. gegard couldnt stop any takedowns in that fight. there was very little standup in that fight! nobody was a winner in any standup that night.

i was at the gegard/sok fight. Sok did beat him in round one on some standup. But then again sok always wins round one and tanks

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

King mo won the stand ups exchanges. Go watch the fight and get off mousasis balls.
    I seem to remember King Mo's eye being completely sealed by the fifth round?

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Staying away from this fight. Kyotaro is the favorite for good reason... but Mousasi is no chump on the feet and obviously feels he has something to prove here. I don't like the odds on either guy though.
    Last edited by sirchadwick1; 12-30-10 at 09:11 AM.

Pratik
    Pratik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4037

In the prefight interview Mousasi said he only been training his standup for 2 weeks because something about short notice.... Did they change the rule like last minute or something?

lasker

You go watch the fight. Or if that's too hard for you, just click this link: http://www.compustrike.com/stats_fil...al_mousasi.php

Poppa Catfish

Official scorecards are 30-28, 29-28, 29-28, all for Gegard Mousasi, winner by unanimous decision.

Don't come back, period.

lasker

...you were saying?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Hope you're partial to a bit of humble pie!

jspectyper
    jspectyper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Official scorecards are 30-28, 29-28, 29-28, all for Gegard Mousasi, winner by unanimous decision.

Don't come back, period.
    For tonights fight? Where can you get this info? Wanted to parlay him and overeem but missed it

Poppa Catfish

play by play http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/K-1...-by-Play-29004

and there is a stream that is delayed big time on justin.tv

jspectyper

play by play http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/K-1...-by-Play-29004

and there is a stream that is delayed big time on justin.tv
    Nice, thanks. Junkie and mania are always late on the updates. And yeah I know, its delayed real big time. Should of hammered that mousasi line , anytime you can get him as a dog its got great value. Initially wanted a overeem/mousasi parlay and a overeem/thompson parlay but missed it. Well see how the duffee fight works out.

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by jspectyper View Post
    Nice, thanks. Junkie and mania are always late on the updates. And yeah I know, its delayed real big time. Should of hammered that mousasi line , anytime you can get him as a dog its got great value. Initially wanted a overeem/mousasi parlay and a overeem/thompson parlay but missed it. Well see how the duffee fight works out.
    Yeah, I screwed the pooch by not placing a bet here too.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by lasker View Post
    ...you were saying?

jspectyper

Yeah, I screwed the pooch by not placing a bet here too.
    Thoughts on ufc 125? Havent made any plays but I like Tavares, Stann, Silva and not sure on the Edgar/Maynard fight. I think Tavares and Silva win for sure, wish Tavares was cheaper, Baroni should have called it quits 2 years ago.

Poppa Catfish

We got many awesome people to tail. I suggest you peep Ecco, Vaugh, and Lasker. Personally I think Stun Gunn is going to give Diaz fits, love Tavares, think that Silva has a crazy price that is much too low (I was thinking -350 or so), and I like Stann by decision.

I think they have the Edgar Maynard fight priced correctly, I'm staying off that one. My gut reaction is that Maynard will just repeat what he did in the first, but Edgar has really evolved as a fighter since then. I think that kind of thinking gets me in trouble here. I'm just going to watch and learn. Though I might put some money on this fight going to decision, if Edgar wins I believe it will be that guerilla boxing that used in the Penn fight mixed with a few shots, if Maynard wins its going to be that smothering that he did in the first fight. Both seem to point towards decision.

jspectyper

We got many awesome people to tail. I suggest you peep Ecco, Vaugh, and Lasker. Personally I think Stun Gunn is going to give Diaz fits, love Tavares, think that Silva has a crazy price that is much too low (I was thinking -350 or so), and I like Stann by decision.

I think they have the Edgar Maynard fight priced correctly, I'm staying off that one. My gut reaction is that Maynard will just repeat what he did in the first, but Edgar has really evolved as a fighter since then. I think that kind of thinking gets me in trouble here. I'm just going to watch and learn.
    Exactly why I can't pinpoint that matchup.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I think they have the Edgar Maynard fight priced correctly, I'm staying off that one. My gut reaction is that Maynard will just repeat what he did in the first, but Edgar has really evolved as a fighter since then. I think that kind of thinking gets me in trouble here. I'm just going to watch and learn. Though I might put some money on this fight going to decision, if Edgar wins I believe it will be that guerilla boxing that used in the Penn fight mixed with a few shots, if Maynard wins its going to be that smothering that he did in the first fight. Both seem to point towards decision.
    The fact it's fiver rounder as well makes me hesitate with my gut feeling that Maynard takes a close decision. I dont think Maynard will gas but regardless whether he does or doesnt I believe Edgar will have better cardio as he's been in two five-round fights already and have a bit more energy in the final 2 rounds.

Poppa Catfish

Yeah, totally agree. I plan to hedge my statements about that fight, so either outcome I get to come in and tell people that I told you so

ha! I don't have any kind of grasp at all on this fight. I think when all else fails in a toss up take the points or don't bet at all. Total non bet imo

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yeah, totally agree. I plan to hedge my statements about that fight, so either outcome I get to come in and tell people that I told you so

ha! I don't have any kind of grasp at all on this fight. I think when all else fails in a toss up take the points or don't bet at all. Total non bet imo
    ha yeah hedging statements seems a good idea with this one!

Yeah think Im gonna stick with using the Over 4.5 and distance props just to boost a couple of parlays.

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    The fact it's fiver rounder as well makes me hesitate with my gut feeling that Maynard takes a close decision. I dont think Maynard will gas but regardless whether he does or doesnt I believe Edgar will have better cardio as he's been in two five-round fights already and have a bit more energy in the final 2 rounds.
    Yeah from what I recall with my razor sharp memory, is that Maynard was showing signs of slowing way way down. I think if Edgar can take an early round that he very well could get a tight decision. Then again (and here comes the hedging) Maynard could do just enough where the champ rounds are not enough.

12 Last