Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Bellator 212 Brent Primus vs Michael Chandler The Rematch

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

155 lbs.: Brent Primus (8-0) vs. Michael Chandler (18-4)
    This all started on June 25, 2017, at Bellator 180 in Madison Square Garden. Then-defending Lightweight champion, “Iron Mike” Chandler, was ready to collect his fifth straight win against the previously undefeated Brent Primus, but then the unthinkable happened. Primus landed a precise kick that wobbled his left leg and left him unsteady on his feet. Despite barely being able to stand, Chandler roared back and hurt Primus with a right hand, but as he continued to limp and stumble, referee Todd Anderson paused the match. And on the advice of the ringside doctor, the bout was stopped moments later. Indeed, Primus officially became a world champion via technical knockout at 2:27 of round one.
    Several opportunities to make the rematch since fell through, including Bellator 197 earlier this year, and every step of the way Chandler blasted Primus as “heartless” and a “part timer” in the sport. Given Primus hasn’t taken a single fight until now since winning the Lightweight title it’s very hard to argue with at least one of Chandler’s two points. Unless a monster tsunami rises from the ocean and takes Honolulu off the map, we’ll finally find out if he’s right about the other point and see just how much “heart” Primus has in a rematch.
    The Oregon-born, raised and trained Primus stands 5’10” with a 73” reach and mixed bag of finishes — two knockouts, four submissions, two decisions. Of those two knockouts one was actually the doctor’s stoppage mentioned above, so his power in the striking department can be questioned. Chandler’s power, on the other hand, cannot be disputed. He has knocked out seven foes, submitted seven more, and only four wins went to the judges scorecards. Even notoriously tough brawlers like “Pitbull” Patricky Freire have fallen to the power of his right hand.
    In addition, Chandler’s two return fights since losing the title have both been convincing, from a brutal beatdown of Goiti Yamauchi for a lopsided unanimous decision to a strangulation of Brandon Girtz in a match Primus bowed out of. He has looked so good that the loss of his title now seems like even more of a fluke than it did in New York City. Meanwhile, because of his sheer inactivity, there’s little of Primus to compare against him, and split decision wins in two of his last three fights don’t suggest an ability to dominate over five rounds if it even lasts that long. There was no reason on paper to pick Primus the first time and sadly for the champion there’s even less reason to do so now.
    Final prediction: Michael Chandler whoops ass until scoring a technical knockout in round two
    205 lbs.: Frank Mir (18-12) vs. Javy Ayala (10-7)
    Related
    Ayala Promises ‘Dream Fight’ Against Mir Will Deliver Fireworks

This is another fight that is unlikely to go the distance. Already the loser of three straight, Mir has competed just once over the last two years, getting destroyed by Fedor in just 48 seconds back in April. Ayala, meanwhile, has been more active over that same span, but he lost a decision to Roy Nelson then got knocked cold by Cheick Kongo in May. You can put as much sugar and honey on this fight as you like, including the fact Mir is a former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) title holder and Ayala once finished Kharitonov, but the fact is neither of these fighters are even near the middle of Bellator’s Heavyweight division. The only deciding factor to me is that Mir actually tagged Emelianenko with a punch in their fight that he admitted hurt him, and if Kongo can rock Ayala, I suspect Mir will too in a fight that should end quickly ... and dramatically.
    Final prediction: Frank Mir knocks out Javy Ayala in round one
    145 lbs.: Derek Campos (19-7) vs. Sam Sicilia (15-9)
    Campos was on a four-fight roll before Patricky Pitbull stopped him cold at Bellator 194 earlier this year. That may have motivated him to drop down from Lightweight to Featherweight, and if so, it could work well against Sam Sicilia. Campos stands 5’9” and has a 68” reach, while recent Bellator newcomer Sicilia is 5’8” with a 67” reach. Not only does that make the weight a better fit for Campos, he benefits from fighting a fighter on the decline who has lost four of his last five bouts dating back to 2015. As long as he makes a successful weight cut and isn’t dried up like a raisin this will go Campos’ way.
    Final prediction: Derek Campos scores a third round technical knockout
    125 lbs.: Alejandra Lara (7-2) vs. Juliana Velasquez (7-0)
    Alejandra Lara had the honor of being the first woman to challenge Ilima-Lei Macfarlane for the women’s Bellator Flyweight title, but easily got outclassed in that fight and hasn’t been heard from since. This will mark her most active year since 2015 though as Lara has previously taken approximately one bout a year until now. Other than her debut and last year, Velasquez typically has two fights a year, and this will be her second of 2018 following an impressive technical knockout of Rebecca Ruth in April. The young Lara (24) stands 5’7” with a 68” reach, while the elder Velasquez (32) stands 5’6” with a 67.5” reach. As Mike Goldberg would say other than their age, “everything else is virtually identical.”
    Velasquez has finished 57 percent of her opponents (three knockouts, one submission) in a thus far flawless career. Lara has fought more though and has finished 66 percent (three knockouts, three submissions). The most telling thing for me though is what doesn’t show up in the stats — how one-sided Lara’s loss to the champion was. When she’s faced older fighters — even if they have relatively the same number of professional bouts — they clearly don’t have the same level of experience between fights in the gym. I suspect what was true with Macfarlane is perhaps even more true with Velasquez — when “everything else is virtually identical” it’s that hard work outside of the cage that gives one woman the edge.
    Final result: Alejandra Velasquez wins via technical knockout in round three
    145 lbs.: A.J. McKee (12-0) vs. Daniel Crawford (10-2)
    Related
    McKee Is The Hook, Crawford Is The Bait

I’d like to say the Englishman Crawford has a chance here ... but if I did I’d be lying. For “Mercenary” McKee this is simply a “stay busy” fight until he finally gets a world title shot against Emmanuel Sanchez. Crawford already lost his Bellator debut to Pedro Carvalho by split decision, and if that’s the best he can muster at anything above the BAMMA level, I don’t see him beating McKee. McKee stands 5’10” and has a 73” reach, while Crawford is at least one inch shorter in height with an undisclosed reach I don’t see closing the range of McKee with his hand speed and devastating kicks.
    Final result: A.J. McKee wins via first round knockout

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Set for a title rematch with Brent Primus, we sit down with Michael Chandler to talk about how he expects to get the belt back.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

110.00 175.13 Fighting - 24002 M. Chandler -530 for Game
    Fighting - 24006 J. Ayala -130 for Game
    Fighting - 24014 D. Campos -430 for Game

PaperTrail07

Have to bet against Mir....Guy is paycheck fighting and on his way out.....looks for ways out of fights IMO..If J aya went 3 with Nelson this should be CAKE ....

PaperTrail07

WHIFF---THIS GUY AGAIN LOL.....tell us again about Nguyen and how he will KO reis in round 1 LOL... WHIFF # 2 on the way.....how do people even read/respect this garbage LOL....

This is another fight that is unlikely to go the distance. Already the loser of three straight, Mir has competed just once over the last two years, getting destroyed by Fedor in just
    48 seconds
    back in April. Ayala, meanwhile, has been more active over that same span, but
    he lost a decision to Roy Nelson
    then got
    knocked cold by Cheick Kongo
    in May. You can put as much sugar and honey on this fight as you like, including the fact Mir is a former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) title holder and
    Ayala once finished Kharitonov
    , but the fact is neither of these fighters are even near the middle of Bellator’s Heavyweight division. The only deciding factor to me is that Mir actually tagged Emelianenko with a punch in their fight that he admitted hurt him, and if Kongo can rock Ayala, I suspect Mir will too in a fight that should end quickly ... and dramatically.
    Final prediction: Frank Mir knocks out Javy Ayala in round one

LBfightlife
    LBfightlife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1062

What about submission threat by Mir? I'm not familiar with Ayala but does he have a striking advantage at least?

I agree with your Assessment of Mir and would love to fad him and get behind a dog.. but is it a live dog?

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

I think that guy’s W-L record for picking fights is actually pretty solid Papes. We’re all wrong with bold calls sometimes.

kcchiefs
    Go Chiefs
    kcchiefs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5070

Velasquez
    Sicilia
    Mckee
    Ayala
    Chandler

Those are my picks for wins. The Mir fight was the toughest for me to look at. I'll prop send out a parlay on favs and then a little straight on Ayala and Sicilia. Anyone have any input on Womens' bout?

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Ceremonial weigh ins + faceoffs

Main-card starts at 14:00

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Favorites all gonna hit as usual with Bellator.. Mir gets smoked too, fight will never hit the ground.. Parlay dem up...
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs View Post
    Velasquez
    Sicilia
    Mckee
    Ayala
    Chandler

Those are my picks for wins. The Mir fight was the toughest for me to look at. I'll prop send out a parlay on favs and then a little straight on Ayala and Sicilia. Anyone have any input on Womens' bout?
    Why do you like Sicilia here?

Hugo de Naranja

Bellator 212: Primus vs. Chandler II Picks:
    Juliana Velasquez Round 2 Submission (Armbar)
    Derek Campos Round 1 TKO (Punches)
    A.J. McKee Unanimous Decision (30-27 x3)
    Frank Mir Round 1 KO (Punch)
    Michael Chandler Round 1 TKO (Punches)

Hugo de Naranja

Bellator 212: Primus vs. Chandler II

Fight #1: Velasquez vs. Lara
    Velasquez ITD (+146) 1u

Fight #2: Campos vs. Sicilia
    No Bet

Fight #3: McKee vs. Crawford
    No Bet

Fight #4: Ayala vs. Mir
    No Bet

Fight #5: Primus (C) vs. Chandler
    Parlays

Prop Parlays:
    Velasquez/Chandler ITD (+111) 1u

Multi-Event Parlays:
    Velasquez/Oliveira+Miller WGD (-123) 2.47u to win 2u
    Velasquez/Chandler+Primus WGD/Ruth (+131) 1u

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

I have only 1 reason to watch Bellator 212, miss 'Alejandra Lara'.

PaperTrail07

yeah for sure....everyone misses on occasion....I just think its a little wild to say KO 1st round for a guy with no KO's in 4 years lol... I get it though....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I think that guy’s W-L record for picking fights is actually pretty solid Papes. We’re all wrong with bold calls sometimes.

PaperTrail07

Mir has his daughter in his corner....she should be helpful lol...

LBfightlife
    LBfightlife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1062

Nice choke by Chris Avila. My book didnt have action on him

PaperTrail07

on the over 1.5 here as well......sammy almost took both out real quick lol... iron chin....blocking punches with his face...great idea...

PaperTrail07

whew lol.. sam is picking him apart....

PaperTrail07

Campos must assume he won round 2 ? lol

PaperTrail07

enh 1 guy tried for us LOL

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    enh 1 guy tried for us LOL
    Shouldn't have been a split imo

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Solute those troops my internet brothers.. When you sign up and are shipped off to go into battle it's no joke.. Life is on the line.. Remember that fellas!!!!

We represent our Countries and go to war for them.. That's real stuff there...

PaperTrail07

hell no lol....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Shouldn't have been a split imo

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Campos may have gotten robbed there.. Sammy wins..

PaperTrail07

no it was pretty clear 29-28 IMO.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Campos may have gotten robbed there.. Sammy wins..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    no it was pretty clear 29-28 IMO.....
    That's what I thought Paper.. DOG barked in that one.. I lost it..

PaperTrail07

sadly sammy took a little of my 4 there....hit the over however....almost lost both
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    That's what I thought Paper.. DOG barked in that one.. I lost it..

PaperTrail07

$$.... sam brought his A game for sure...

PaperTrail07

Rolled the over 1.5 in the McKee Fight...15$ on the dog as well.....lol

kcchiefs
    Go Chiefs
    kcchiefs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5070

Sorry for reply after the fact @hugo but I just thought he was the better fight to be honest. I just knew he shouldn’t have been a 3-1 dog there. I put $50 on him and cashed in.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave kcchiefs 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja gave kcchiefs 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

damn.....it was going great until it wasnt lol...

PaperTrail07

Snickers Sponsorship LOL...that penetrating awesome...

12 Last