KingOfPlebs
    KingOfPlebs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

(Graded Correctly) --- Bodog Lied About an Unsettled Bet

Hey guys,

I've used bodog for about 5 years. Mostly made NHL and UFC bets. I have never had a problem with any of their services until November 5th 2018.

I had made a UFC 230 prop bet, Daniel Cormier vs Derick Lewis to go over 1.5rds.

UFC fights start @ 5:00min and count down to zero each round. So 2:30min is the half mark of each round.

Daniel beat Derick at 2:14 remaining in the 2nd round. Bodog had originally awarded this as a win. Then a few hours later as a loss. Then I contacted them via live chat and they sent it in to be reviewed. It was later then settled as a win...only to be resettled as a loss. This happened +5x since and I have called multiple times to talk to a rep. The official answer they gave me tonight over the phone was that the fight ended 1:19min into the 2nd round. Which is a lie.. you can watch the replay videos of the fight to see the time stamp. They lastly told me that they use a "site" for all official results and that they wouldn't consider looking at any proof I had.

Am I crazy here or what. One customer service guy even told me he sees it as a clear win but doesn't understand why the bet is being flagged as a loss.

https://m.imgur.com/a/9rqi7z4.jpg

Or you can watch it on YouTube at the 0:50 mark here https://youtu.be/SCaLh4OhEs0

What can I do?
    Last edited by KingOfPlebs; 11-14-18 at 10:46 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

UFC.com says the fight ended at 2:05 in round 2

Are you trying to argue that that actually means it ended at the 2:55 minute mark of round 2, because UFC counts backwards?

I don't know, so will link this thread to the MMA sub forum and see what the resident experts think...
    Last edited by Optional; 11-14-18 at 11:59 PM.

pretentiousGuy
    pretentiousGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1573

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Are you trying to argue that that actually means it ended at the 2:55 minute mark of round 2, because UFC counts backwards?

I don't know, so will link this thread to the MMA sub forum and see what the resident experts think...
    Fight did not go over 1.5 rounds. OP is wrong.

KingOfPlebs

I'll address UFC.com. they are notorious for having false info. Fighters heights and names along with reach are often incorrect. The post fight interview I linked which is owned by UFC itself shows the time stamp as you can see. So does virtually every other mma site.

I'm arguing that it counts down from 5:00 so if the fight ended at 2:14 then it already passed the 2:30 mark which is the half point of a round.

Can someone actually explain it if Im wrong. Because I don't see how I am. Especially when bodog can't even make up their minds.

How is 2:14 not over the 1.5rds?
    Last edited by KingOfPlebs; 11-15-18 at 12:23 AM.

KingOfPlebs

5:00. 2:30 is half of 5 min.

2:14 is beyond the half mark... Am I doing math wrong lol
    Last edited by KingOfPlebs; 11-15-18 at 12:28 AM.

pretentiousGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfPlebs View Post
    I'll address UFC.com. they are notorious for having false info. Fighters heights and names along with reach are often incorrect. The post fight interview I linked which is owned by UFC itself shows the time stamp as you can see. So does virtually every other mma site.

I'm arguing that it counts down from 5:00 so if the fight ended at 2:14 then it already passed the 2:30 mark which is the half point of a round.

Can someone actually explain it if Im wrong. Because I don't see how I am. Especially when bodog can't even make up their minds.

How is 2:14 not over the 1.5rds?
    You've got it backwards. 5 min + 2 minutes and 14 seconds = 7 minutes and 14 seconds elapsed. 7:14 < 7:30. You're simply confused.

Optional

Ok, let's forget the time discrepancy for a moment.

Below is a screenshot of 50 secs into that vid to show what you are talking about.

Are you trying to argue that the 2:14 shown there actually means it ended at the 2:46 minute mark of round 2, because UFC counts backwards?

Maybe someone who recorded the fight can double check the replay for us?

pretentiousGuy

Below is a screenshot of 50 secs into that vid to show what you are talking about.

Are you trying to argue that the 2:14 shown there actually means it ended at the 2:46 minute mark of round 2, because UFC counts backwards?

Counting down from 5:00 the fight ended at 2:46 of round 2. OP is wrong. End of story.

Optional

Don't worry, I see you edited the post I replied to confirm that's what you are saying after i read it.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by pretentiousGuy View Post
    Counting down from 5:00 the fight ended at 2:46 of round 2. OP is wrong. End of story.
    Well, no. According to Bodog rules if the duration of the 2nd round was over 2:30, then the over 1.5 rounds win.

Anyone got a recording of the actual 2nd round handy for us?

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

I just watched the fight off here: https://www.mma-core.com/videos/Dani...art_3/10248269

Bodog is correct.

The fight ended with about 2:47 left in the round, NOT after 2:47 minutes.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave LLXC 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MadTiger

KingOfPlebs

Yeah. It finished one full round did it not? So we have the 1. It went for 2:46 in duration in round 2. 2:30 is half of 5min. So unless I'm retarded, 2:46 is greater than 2:30 in duration. Which means it's over 1.5rds

pretentiousGuy

Well, no. According to Bodog rules if the duration of the 2nd round was over 2:30, then the over 1.5 rounds win.

Anyone got a recording of the actual 2nd round handy for us?
    You, too, are confused. No offence. The total fight duration was 7:14. o1.5 = over7:30. I just watched it again. Once again, OP is wrong.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave pretentiousGuy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

It must mean that they are saying he won at 2:14 INTO the second round. NOT with 2:14 LEFT in the second round.

You needed the time to go 2:30 or more INTO the second round.
    Last edited by JoeCool20; 11-15-18 at 12:53 AM.

Optional

Yeah. It finished one full round did it not? So we have the 1. It went for 2:46 in duration in round 2. 2:30 is half of 5min. So unless I'm retarded, 2:46 is greater than 2:30 in duration. Which means it's over 1.5rds

In all the days since this bet and in between your arguing, did you really not go find a replay and check this yourself???

Here is what the backwards counting UFC clock said just before he tapped out.

Is that now enough for you to accept the bet is graded correctly as a loser?

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21

JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

In all the days since this bet and in between your arguing, did you really not go find a replay and check this yourself???

Well I'd say you just ended it. Just like the fight ended at 2:14 INTO the second round!!

He needed it to go 2:30 or more INTO the second round. It did not.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Why is this hard at all? Fight did not go over. Period. I lost a bet on that play too. It happens.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

no kidding, what an embarrassing thread and story. You would think the guy would watch the 2nd round before arguing that he won the bet and making a thread.

dxp
    dxp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

the really weird part in all this is bodog repeatedly changing it back and forth. what the hell are they thinking?!
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave dxp 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

or you know....maybe watched the fight in general LOL....its actually impressive you had bodogVADA second guessing themselves LOL..
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    no kidding, what an embarrassing thread and story. You would think the guy would watch the 2nd round before arguing that he won the bet and making a thread.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

Quote Originally Posted by dxp View Post
    the really weird part in all this is bodog repeatedly changing it back and forth. what the hell are they thinking?!
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    or you know....maybe watched the fight in general LOL....its actually impressive you had bodogVADA second guessing themselves LOL..
    yep, the guy was so sure that he won, he convinced Bovada for a short time!!

before arguing your case and saying any book lied to you on a public forum, be 100% sure you are right next time...

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

The official results posted are counting up from 0. I.e when McGregor Knocked Out Aldo in Thirteen seconds, the result was McGregor R1 KO (0:13) not McGregor R1 KO (4:47). In this instance, the fight ended 2 minutes and 14 seconds into Round 2. Since it did not get to the 2 minute and 30 second mark of Round 2, the fight went under the total of 1.5 rounds.